Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reliable Webhosting?

Hi folks,

My current webhost has proven to be very unreliable the past few months and things just seem to be getting worse. Now its to the point where if I try to login to phpmyadmin via cPanel, the server crashes and my site (and everyone else on the server including the webhosts site) is knocked offline for the better part of 30 mins until the server is rebooted and the cycle just keeps repeating itself. Very irritating.

I made the mistake of prepaying for a year -- and the host had paypal set to rebill every 6 months instead of a year so I ended up getting billed twice

Can anyone recommend a reliable, economical webhost? Share your experience with your webhost please. The site I am hosting requires MySQL and PHP. The site is not heavily used, but when users visit, I want reliability and good performance. The entire site is well within 100MBs. I can't imagine it uses much all (once I'm able to login to my existing site and view reports I'll know) but I would think it would need minimal bandwidth -- however I would like the option to easily and affordably extend the bandwidth if the the site grows.

Also, I want the option to pay PER MONTH via Paypal (subscription is fine).

Help please!

Any chance of telling us who your current provider is? This might help people avoid them in the future

Also, if you could tell us what sort of specs you are looking for, i.e. disk space, bandwidth, databases, email accounts etc.

It might also be a good idea to check the "Find A Host" link at the top of this page.

Good luck with your search.
    www.NT-Hosts.net
    Shared Hosting - Reseller - Email Hosting - Forum Hosting - Linux server admins
    Phone: 07092898178 - Fax: 07092898179 - Email:Sales@NT-Hosts.net

Something is seriously wrong with your host's server. It is either overloaded or problem with their softwares.

It is a real pain to see this happen again and AGAIN!

What is your budget & requirement?
    Affordable Managed Hosting Solutions for Professional & Business since 2001
    Mxhub.com - Global : USA - UK - Canada - Europe - Asia Pacific

Hi!

What kind of site do you have? is it a forum? a blog?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

If you say you need 100 MB and minimal bandwidth ... I guess you need a starter - medium hosting package. Just look around the forum, you will see plenty of reliable offers and very good priced.

What is your budget and requirement? Check the webhosting offers too

If you can provide us the exact figures of bandwidth/disk-space/budget, we would be able to assist you better..
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk

I would say you need to find a new host. Look around the forums, you're bound to find something. Good luck!
    Daniel Thompson
    http://thehonesthost.com

Try Medialayer.com or Downtownhost.com. I use Medialayer and it couldn't be better and I have a friend who used Downtownhost before and he said it was great.

Huh how many answer so I hope somebody also can help me, I need this:

- server located in Europe, on strong line
    - I don't need much space or bandwidth, 400 MB is enough for me, I don't nees gigabytes like servage offer
    - unlimited features (add on domains, emails)
    - I need standard secure features (SSL for FTP transfer, also SSL for POP3 and SMTP)
    - powerfull server for running vbulletin forum
    - what I need is very very very good uptime, it means stable server and REALLY 24/7 monitoring (so I dont need server with 1 20 years old admin who start homemade business on rent dedicated server)

my current webhosting have this prices, price is very good anyway I need somethink more stable, but not for crazy prices like 20 USD per month etc

I appreciate in advance your time guys spended with helping me

thanks

Have seen a lot of advertising here of uk2.net seems they are quite poular here around an in the area.
    Never used them personaly
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

I open ticket with presales questions on uk2.net this morning. Now after 15 hours still no answer. So at least we know uk2.net have very poor support.

Quote Originally Posted by Krosik View Post
    I open ticket with presales questions on uk2.net this morning. Now after 15 hours still no answer. So at least we know uk2.net have very poor support.
    pls do not confuse sales with support. Our support is 24/7, our sales is not. Our support is key, sales is only *as good as it gets within business hours*

Feel free to shoot me a mail (ditlev@uk2.net) if you have specific questions, I would be happy to answer.

D
    Last edited by eming; 01-14-2008 at 08:05 PM.
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

Quote Originally Posted by eming View Post
    pls do not confuse sales with support. Our support is 24/7, our sales is not. Our support is key, sales is only *as good as we can do within business hours*

Feel free to shoot me a mail (ditlev@uk2.net) if you have specific questions, I would be happy to answer.

D
    took the words right out of my mouth...

You should not judge a company based on their response time to sales inquiries. Sales inquiries, at least in my opinion, should have a response target of same day or next day. Support on the other hand is a different story - and objectives should obviously be much more aggressive.

I met the people from uk2 in Chicago at hostingcon - I would say you are in good hands with them...
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

UK2 seem to be very popular, and they seem good.

Why do you need a European host?

Quote Originally Posted by CartikaHosting View Post

You should not judge a company based on their response time to sales inquiries. Sales inquiries, at least in my opinion, should have a response target of same day or next day. Support on the other hand is a different story - and objectives should obviously be much more aggressive.
    True - That being said, I am pretty upset that my salesteam did not answer Krosik within 15 hours
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,

Quote Originally Posted by Jamson View Post
    Why do you need a European host?
    because me and most visitors are from Europe. On large sites its different if pingtime is 180 ms to USD or 30 ms to Europe. Also usually european hosting give me about 1 MB/s, USA hosting 300-400 kB/s

Quote Originally Posted by eming View Post
    True - That being said, I am pretty upset that my salesteam did not answer Krosik within 15 hours
    Well now it's 30 hours and still no answer from your sales team. I will try reach you on your email.

because me and most visitors are from Europe. On large sites its different if pingtime is 180 ms to USD or 30 ms to Europe. Also usually european hosting give me about 1 MB/s, USA hosting 300-400 kB/s

Well now it's 30 hours and still no answer from your sales team. I will try reach you on your email.
    Hi Krosik, please accept our apologies for the delay in answering, it seems the enquiry was put in the wrong queue and got overlooked, the wait is normally not anywhere near that long for replying to pre-sales enquiries. If you or anyone else wants to use my e-mail address andy.manning (at) uk2.net I'll make sure they are answered promptly. Please feel free to re-test our response times out as I'm confident this was a freak occurence.

Thanks,
    Andy
    Last edited by Andy_UK2; 01-15-2008 at 02:17 PM.

If you are looking for real reliability from all angles check out following hosts and their users' feedback

http://www.pair.com
    http://www.fluidhosting.com
    http://www.futurequest.com (costly)

Since you only need about 100MB of space, you should be able to find a reliable hosting package that would suit your needs fairly quickly in my opinion
    | ServerHub | an INC 500 Company | Enterprise Dedicated and Cloud Solutions Built for Scale |
    | AS62904: Dallas TX, Chicago IL, New York NY, Seattle WA, Phoenix AZ, Los Angeles CA, Miami FL | AS49532: Frankfurt DE, Amsterdam NL | sales@serverhub.com |

Cool

Huh how many answer so I hope somebody also can help me, I need this:

- server located in Europe, on strong line
    - I don't need much space or bandwidth, 400 MB is enough for me, I don't nees gigabytes like servage offer
    - unlimited features (add on domains, emails)
    - I need standard secure features (SSL for FTP transfer, also SSL for POP3 and SMTP)
    - powerfull server for running vbulletin forum
    - what I need is very very very good uptime, it means stable server and REALLY 24/7 monitoring (so I dont need server with 1 20 years old admin who start homemade business on rent dedicated server)
    thanks
    A good host monitors their own servers at ~5 minute intervals for THEIR piece of mind. They won't mind giving you a link to their historic uptime stats.
    You aren't really asking for anything unreasonable at all as long as your budget is reasonable compared to what you need.
    Many of us "rent" or lease servers simply to be able to move with technology with no penallty (what was a power saerver 2 years ago is a cheap server nowadays) so "renting" might be better than a host who owns an old PIII server, but I agree about the young host who is learning at customer's expense.
    New Idea Hosting NO Overselling-Business-Grade, Shared Only! New-In House Design Team.
    High Speed & Uptime; , DIY Pro-Site Builder-Daily Backups-Custom Plans, All Dual Xeon Quad Intel servers w/ ECC DDR3 RAM SCSI RAID minimums.
    We Concentrate on Shared Hosting ...doing one thing and doing it VERY well

Hi

finally we have nice talk with support from UK2.net. Answer was fast and good.

UK2.net shows on their site 100% uptime in year 2007, hovever they can't provide link to some webmonitor confirming this (like siteuptime.com etc).

Unfortunately uk2.net don't provide basic security features - no secure files upload (FTPS or SFTP), no SSL connection to POP3 and SMTP servers.

Because I don't want send my admin password and content of files and emails unencrypted over internet, my 3 months searching for good EU web hosting still continue. If anyone have good tip, let me know, thanks.

Greetings Andrew:

Quote Originally Posted by CartikaHosting View Post

Agreed.

I cannot write too much about uk2 other than they "appear" to ignore abuse reports... but agreed on sales response time.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Quote Originally Posted by dynamicnet View Post
    Greetings Andrew:

Agreed.

I cannot write too much about uk2 other than they "appear" to ignore abuse reports... but agreed on sales response time.

Thank you.
    thats quite a bold statement. I know we deal with 50+ per day, if one you have submitted has been missed, feel free to send it to me and I will have it dealt with right away.

best,
    Ditlev
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast