Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Platinum Server Management - review after a couple of weeks.

Well I just have to say that using Platinum Server management was one of my best decisions. These guys are fast! I have the server email me when someone logs in as root and I have seen them do so in response to my support tickets in as little as a minute.

But they make me feel so guilty that I have had to raise the bar on my support of my own customers, LOL.

PSM is a great company. I really hammered them hard when I first got them, I wanted to see how they handled things. Great turn-around, great support. They can handle a large load without any diminishing of service. We had an IP/Name Server issue and they were willing to walk through the entire thing and they were patient. Finally turned out to be an issue at the DC level, but they were great. I recommend them too!

-fin
    Thales

Ethan runs a tight ship - always has - and he has always had my utmost respect. Now- if I could just work on his NJ accent. I think I might just roll over and croak if I could get that cat to say Da'Gum or better yet - Hey Ya'll, I'm fixin to go out.

Keep up the stoked out service my friend.

I used to be with PSM. They are really great guys and they know what they are doing. The support time was a bit slow in my opinion. At times, it was almost six hours before I would even get a response.

Maybe that's just my experience, but still would recommend them!

I also use platinumservermanagement and I agree with Thales, they are a great company. The technicians are very friendly and I usually have a lot of questions, sometimes I think I'm taking advantage of them because of how much I ask, but I know I can always count on them.

Thanks PSM!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos King View Post
    I used to be with PSM. They are really great guys and they know what they are doing. The support time was a bit slow in my opinion. At times, it was almost six hours before I would even get a response.

Maybe that's just my experience, but still would recommend them!
    I second this. Toward the end of my stint with them a lot of my tickets would sit hours before any action took place (less the auto-response). I'm a tad impatient so this drove me crazy.

But regardless, I'd definitely purchase their services again in the future. Nothing but quality work from PSM.

Ive used these people and they did nothing but mess things up for us. They simply didn't know what they where doing, they way of "securing" a server was to download an RPM to the server, mess up the install and corrupt httpd & the firewall.

They dont check before installing things, it's just done! Would not reccomend these people they generally have poor attitudes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BionicInternet View Post
    Ive used these people and they did nothing but mess things up for us. They simply didn't know what they where doing, they way of "securing" a server was to download an RPM to the server, mess up the install and corrupt httpd & the firewall.

They dont check before installing things, it's just done! Would not reccomend these people they generally have poor attitudes as well.
    Your statements are completely false. If they were true, then others would be posting the same or similar negative experiences. To the contrary, everyone else, all 6 other posts in this thread, has posted completely positive reviews about us.

You were the one that was completely unbearable. Here's an overview of our experience with "you":

1st: You accused us of breaking the firewall, and we provided timestamps showing that the firewall was NEVER touched by us. The timestamp on the firewall configuration file was from several days before you even signed up with us.

2nd: You accused us of breaking spamd. Not only was cpanel never touched, but spamd was not touched either. Proof of the cpupdate and spamd config files were from before we logged in. Nothing in the logs show us doing anything at all related to spamd.

3rd: You accused us of not adding a cron that we said we did. We pasted the cron in the ticket as proof in our reply before you even asked for it, and we also told you the correct place to look for it because you were looking in the wrong place.

4th: You accused us of not setting up the backups correctly because it did not run yet, but as indicated in our response, they were set to run at midnight and it had not passed midnight yet.

5th: You submitted 49 TICKETS in the entire 6 days that you used our service. One day alone you opened 13 tickets. Then you had the audacity to complain when they all were not finished the same day.

Every day you were blaming us of something new, you were cursing at us, insulting us, and just being completely abusive to our staff. If you deny this, I will be more than glad to post excerpts from some of your tickets here.

You did not cancel, we cancelled you. After only 6 days of your abuse, we decided it would be best to let you go. We provided a full refund despite almost 50 tickets being completed!

I hope this serves as a warning to anyone else that ever deals with you, and that anyone that reads this can see right through your false post.
    Last edited by ServerManagement; 07-09-2008 at 08:50 AM.
    PlatinumServerManagement (also known as PSM)
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 21 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.

I've been a customer of platinum server management for a very long time and I am very happy with their services.

I've just signed up for one of our servers, as i'm looking for someone new to look after ours.

So far it looks good so i will see how we get on

PSM great , but please reduced your time for replying ticket to yours customer.

everything ok... recommended PSM for semi-managed server owner !!!!
    Last edited by evomy; 08-04-2008 at 05:07 AM.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by BionicInternet View Post

i used to take services of psm but i really don't like it , they are group of rude people with full of attitude.who never accept their mistake and always try to argue, PSM is only good for newbie.

anyways im happy that u like their work even i too liked them for a week but later they started replying slowely and answering in such way that they are doing big favors by managing our servers

Best of luck looking forward to have your reviews after 1+ Month
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & Kvm SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Location: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 on Site Engineers

Quote Originally Posted by ServerManagement View Post
    Your statements are completely false. If they were true, then others would be posting the same or similar negative experiences. To the contrary, everyone else, all 6 other posts in this thread, has posted completely positive reviews about us.

You were the one that was completely unbearable. Here's an overview of our experience with "you":

1st: You accused us of breaking the firewall, and we provided timestamps showing that the firewall was NEVER touched by us. The timestamp on the firewall configuration file was from several days before you even signed up with us.

2nd: You accused us of breaking spamd. Not only was cpanel never touched, but spamd was not touched either. Proof of the cpupdate and spamd config files were from before we logged in. Nothing in the logs show us doing anything at all related to spamd.

3rd: You accused us of not adding a cron that we said we did. We pasted the cron in the ticket as proof in our reply before you even asked for it, and we also told you the correct place to look for it because you were looking in the wrong place.

4th: You accused us of not setting up the backups correctly because it did not run yet, but as indicated in our response, they were set to run at midnight and it had not passed midnight yet.

5th: You submitted 49 TICKETS in the entire 6 days that you used our service. One day alone you opened 13 tickets. Then you had the audacity to complain when they all were not finished the same day.

Every day you were blaming us of something new, you were cursing at us, insulting us, and just being completely abusive to our staff. If you deny this, I will be more than glad to post excerpts from some of your tickets here.

You did not cancel, we cancelled you. After only 6 days of your abuse, we decided it would be best to let you go. We provided a full refund despite almost 50 tickets being completed!

I hope this serves as a warning to anyone else that ever deals with you, and that anyone that reads this can see right through your false post.
    Phew, you show people no quarter on here. I hope I never get on your bad side lol.

Quote Originally Posted by prolimehost View Post
    i used to take services of psm but i really don't like it , they are group of rude people with full of attitude.who never accept their mistake and always try to argue, PSM is only good for newbie.

anyways im happy that u like their work even i too liked them for a week but later they started replying slowely and answering in such way that they are doing big favors by managing our servers

Best of luck looking forward to have your reviews after 1+ Month
    You've expressed the same feelings here in the past, and as we said, it was you that was giving our staff the attitude. When we warned you, you even admitted it and apologized for your behavior. I asked you last time in my post for your permission to paste it here and you completely ignored us. If you continue to spread lies we will have no choice but to paste them here.

Additionally, I'd like to point out after you cancelled in May '08 and posted your complaint here back at that time, you came back to us and signed up again just last month to use our service again.
    Last edited by ServerManagement; 08-04-2008 at 09:42 AM.
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 21 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.

Quote Originally Posted by evomy View Post
    PSM great , but please reduced your time for replying ticket to yours customer.

everything ok... recommended PSM for semi-managed server owner !!!!

Thanks for your compliments! Glad to hear everything is working out great :-)

I also use platinumservermanagement and they have helped me through some bad server times. It's always good to have someone on your team like platinumservermanagement.

PSM is a good managed company and like all others you will have rude person that try to abuse and damage services to others client's.

It's a sad world where we have few idiot's but the good people balanced this.

Keep it up PSM!

PSM is simply awful.

I've been with them for a month and am already running for the hills. In that time, I submitted 3 tickets, and 2 of which they were unable/incapable of addressing them...and only making things worse was their response time on the tickets they were baffled by grew longer and longer.

In the end, our relationship is ending due to the fact that they inform me a month after starting my contract they they will not support my version of Apache, and rather than offer other solutions or simply completing the task at hand, they choose to keep repeating that they don't support it.

It's a shame when a company can be run so poorly, but such apparently incompetent and arrogant employees that they have a customer like me running as fast as I can to get away.

I noticed I'm not the first to complain in this thread...I'm sure I won't be the last either.

Quote Originally Posted by cmbehan View Post
    PSM is simply awful.

I've been with them for a month and am already running for the hills. In that time, I submitted 3 tickets, and 2 of which they were unable/incapable of addressing them...and only making things worse was their response time on the tickets they were baffled by grew longer and longer.

In the end, our relationship is ending due to the fact that they inform me a month after starting my contract they they will not support my version of Apache, and rather than offer other solutions or simply completing the task at hand, they choose to keep repeating that they don't support it.

It's a shame when a company can be run so poorly, but such apparently incompetent and arrogant employees that they have a customer like me running as fast as I can to get away.

I noticed I'm not the first to complain in this thread...I'm sure I won't be the last either.
    I'm sorry that you feel that way, but I'd like to clarify a few points and tell our side.

First and most importantly, there absolutely has not been any sign of inability to perform any tasks at all whatsoever.

1st ticket - You requested a migration, but didn't provide root access. Our site clearly says that root access is required for us to do migration.

2nd ticket - You requested ioncube to be installed, we completed this in 28 minutes

3rd ticket - You requested GD to be installed, we said we do not support apache2 so if you wanted us to do this, we would need to first recompile apache1 then proceed. It's simply our decision to not support apache2, that does not mean we are incapable of it, it just means we choose not to, and there's a big difference.

On the helpdesk login screen, there already is a notice that says we do not support Apache 2, and it is apparent that you did not read this, and that's not our fault. We put the notice there many many months before you even signed up with our service, and our customers are well aware of this.

Most importantly though, this recommendation is for "your" benefit, not ours. We're giving you a recommendation on how to make your server more reliable. We go through this every day with new customers and endlessly get thanked for us caring enough to spend the time to give them the advice instead of just carelessly doing it.

Supporting apache1 or 2 makes no difference to us, but rather it increases the stability and reliability of our clients servers by running apache1. In fact, it would have been a lot easier and quicker just to do the install for you, but that's not the way we do business. We care about our customers and will give our opinions anytime we feel they are doing something that can decrease security, reliability, stability or any overall performance.

It is our job to make the server as reliable as possible, and it would not make sense to install something that is anything less than the "most reliable". Similarly, if someone asks us to install a vulnerable program, we will say no, although our site does not explicitly say we won't install something that is vulnerable, it is implied as it would not make sense to install something that is going to make the server susceptible to a hack when it is our job to make the server as secure as possible.

We hope that our customers appreciate this recommendation as our customers also want their server to be the "most reliable" as possible.

A similar comparison is that Goodyear tire service center advertises tire repairs, so I go in and they say all of a sudden they do not do tire plugs any more. Although they clearly advertise that they can fix any tire, and no where do they say they don't do tire plugs, after going in and taking off the tire, they say they don't do tire plugging anymore because they feel it is not safe. However, every other tire service center still does it. That does not mean they are incapable of doing it, it is just their decision based on their experience with it. I appreciated that they weren't going to let me leave with an unsafe tire fix, and thanked them for doing what was needed for the safest fix. If I would have still wanted the tire plug anyway, I simply would've left and went somewhere else, that's all.

Anyway, the bottom line is that you were not satisfied with our service, and that's why we have a refund guarantee so you have nothing to worry about. You asked for a refund and we immediately agreed.

Although you are not the first person to ever complain, you surely are not sharing the opinion of the majority.
    Every company has disatisfied customers. We've been in business over 8 years and have provided support to over 10,000 servers. Obviously over time there will be a few disatisfied customers, this is completely normal. But the important factor is that the majority is satisfied by far! Even in this thread there's about 10 positive comments and 2 negative comments, and the positives are quite detailed and composed, rather than just frustrated negative rants.
    Last edited by ServerManagement; 08-05-2008 at 09:43 AM.

just want to bring this back up to show my support for PSM, I have opened about 4 tickets today/yesterday to upgrade php/mysql, install some software, tweak some settings and to fix a captcha problem

very fast responses and nothing that took more than 2 hours to finish, great job PSM! I pay for the service every month but have maybe only opened 10 tickets all year, its just worth the piece of mind knowing that they are always there
    UrlRedo.com - short URL service

I used to use PSM only reason we left them really was because we decided we didn't need them.

They offer a good service at a reasonable price its just thesedays I prefer to handle everything inhouse as much as possible.

Just want to chime in here as I was a PSM customer for years. I left because I moved our boxes to managed hosting and no longer needed them. I was, however, very satisfied with the whole team over there.

PSM has been a great company. Just discontinued service as we no longer require their management assistance, but they were phenomenal. Great company to work with, if I ever need management again I'll be going with PSM.

-fin
    Thales

PSM is definitely the way to go. Their services have been the best for us Thanks Guys!

Quote Originally Posted by ServerManagement View Post
    You've expressed the same feelings here in the past, and as we said, it was you that was giving our staff the attitude. When we warned you, you even admitted it and apologized for your behavior. I asked you last time in my post for your permission to paste it here and you completely ignored us. If you continue to spread lies we will have no choice but to paste them here.

Additionally, I'd like to point out after you cancelled in May '08 and posted your complaint here back at that time, you came back to us and signed up again just last month to use our service again.
    ServerManagement, you are presenting an absurdly dry, brusque and abrasive attitude in this thread alone, all of these ironic and rude black and white reversals presented as if solemnly declaring excommunication due to a list of the sinful deviations from rigid PSM protocol. "...it was not I, but you who were rude!" and the like. You give the impression of being permanently in a humorless funk, take it easy man.
    Last edited by mmaaaaattt; 08-31-2008 at 09:58 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast