Is it possible to copy/scrape an entire closed site via Google cache? (closed due ©)

One site has recently been closed down as it contained lyrics in two languages. Lyrics site are told to be legal, this was a hobby site which was the only site containing lyrics in English, Spanish, Italian and in my language (translated).

I am looking to blow new life in the site. Do I have a chance copying content via Google cache? I have mailed the former owner, but have had no response, it's been a week.

There are 40.000 lyrics involved. Google has a limit of 1000 results per search.

You can manually get any information that is there but there is no automated way to do this, unless someone makes a script for it. You should also check http://archive.org/ since they often have cached versions of most sites.
    PlatinumServerManagement (also known as PSM)
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 21 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.

ServerManagement: Wow. Archive.org has logged a lot of pages on that website.

Is there a big chance archive.org has logged all 40.000 articles of that site?

I really doubt they are going to have all of the content in a single copy, though anything is possible.
    John W, CISSP, C|EH
    MS Information Security and Assurance
    ITEagleEye.com - Server Administration and Security
    Yawig.com - Managed VPS and Dedicated Servers with VIP Service