SEO and Blog Location

Hi,
    I have a static website (all .html) and now I'd like to add a blog.

I will be using WordPress for the blog and the .html pages and structure will remain intact.

In terms of SEO and WordPress implementation, is there any advantage of doing.

blog.mydomain.com

vs

mydomain.com/blog

Thanks!
    Short Hills Design, LLC - Comprehensive Website and Internet Marketing Solutions for Small Businesses and Healthcare Providers
    www.shorthillsdesign.com

I could be wrong, but it seems with the trend toward the "natural", I would veer toward the second one. It would be more natural to mentally register your domain name and have a blog attached to it. But it seems like it would be a very small nuance.
    The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything...
    they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.

blog.mydomain.com is form of sub-domain while mydomain.com/blog is form of directory. According to me, directory form means mydomain.com/blog will be better than first one. These days most of the webmaster are using directory form for adding blog section in their static website.

I will recommend you to choose mydomain.com/blog, as it seems to be natural and SEO friendly too.

I personally think both are good. All depends on your SEO work so do promotion in high quality sites and get good ranking of your blog.

I'm quite interested in this, too. In terms of user friendliness I'd definitely use the domain.com/blog format, but is there any material indicating SEO benefits for one or the other?

Always you domain.com/blog rather than a subdomain. If you use a subdomain, the domain authority, history and PR starts at 0, as the subdomain is treated as a new domain.

i would however recommend to try blog.domain.com
    because search engines will treat the subdomain as another domain, this way you get to have 2 sites that promote each pages.

Quote Originally Posted by philipdaniel View Post
    blog.mydomain.com is form of sub-domain while mydomain.com/blog is form of directory. According to me, directory form means mydomain.com/blog will be better than first one. These days most of the webmaster are using directory form for adding blog section in their static website.
    Hi...philipdaniel,
    I think you are right, your opinion is true. But finally it's individuals choice what to use according to their requirement.