DMCA Takedown Service

Hello,
    we have some php softwares which they are coded by ioncube and they has license (their licenses control via our license panel) but soem users decode our sofwtare and using it without ourpermission so how can i use DMCA Takedown service?
    i check dmca.com i see they offer $99/issue but is there any yearly subscribtion or any company like dmca.com ?

Thanks,.

Quote Originally Posted by myserve View Post
    Hello,
    we have some php softwares which they are coded by ioncube and they has license (their licenses control via our license panel) but soem users decode our sofwtare and using it without ourpermission so how can i use DMCA Takedown service?
    i check dmca.com i see they offer $99/issue but is there any yearly subscribtion or any company like dmca.com ?

Thanks,.
    I think you can't. I think the takedown procedure does not apply to that situation.

You're the copyright holder, so use the legal provisions of the copyright legislation, and sue the people who are infringing your copyright.

Don't try to involve their hosting provider; it's nothing to do with the hosting provider.

Quote Originally Posted by tim2718281 View Post
    I think you can't. I think the takedown procedure does not apply to that situation.

You're the copyright holder, so use the legal provisions of the copyright legislation, and sue the people who are infringing your copyright.
    This is covered rather explicitly by the DMCA under §1201 and sending a DMCA takedown notification would, given only the brief description, would IMO be valid.

However, please remember that unless you are a US citizen you cannot send DMCA notices, nor is the DMCA valid in any country other than the USA (so if they're hosting it in the EU or Asia it's not at all applicable).

Sure you can send there hosting provider a DMCA. WHMCS do this a lot for there software, its the same is this situation as WHMCS can be nulled.

I would google DMCA letter or find a similar draft on the internet. Fill it in and send it to there hosting provider.

- Ashton
    Ashton Allen | FuseWeb Limited
    Premium UK Webhosting
    | Shared Hosting | VPS | Reseller Hosting | VOIP |
    FuseWeb.co.uk Or follow us on Twitter

The entire DMCA process is stupid.
    It's actually illegal as they aren't following their own laws.

Most people aren't aware that filling a DMCA notice incorrectly can be just as costly as being caught pirating software.

Even if the police don't follow due process, the rest of us should as we are more likely to be charged for frivolity.
    The person in receipt of the notice is entitled to charge for frivolous applications. The contents owner is obliged to provide proof of ownership and proof of losses.

The police (SOCA, FBI, DOJ, et al) seem to be saying: "Do as we say, not as we do".

All the DMCA service does is send an offical looking letter, which anyone can do for free.
    Ignorantia legis neminem excusat hold true for all legal dealings. I would suggest you read the DMCA laws for your country and pursue it yourself.
    You may be surprised as to what you discover.

I would rather learn how to write my own letter than paying these idiots $99 to do it for me as they don't actually follow their own legislated process!

@iLoveHosting-UK:
    Any script can be nulled. The only one that hasn't been, as far as I am aware, is cPanel due to it's remote code dependencies.
    It's not that cPanel is immune, it just takes too long to reverse engineer.

People often cite IonCube as being "unhackable" yet it can be reverse engineered by simply tracing through the associated DLLs, in memory.
    Last edited by Elev8; 02-16-2012 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elev8 View Post
    People often cite IonCube as being "unhackable" yet it can be reverse engineered by simply tracing through the associated DLLs, in memory.
    No software or hardware for that matter is "uncrackable". It's typically far from trivial though. With compiled code PHP systems you have to get to the bytecode which you may or may not achieve by examining memory, but that's not all. There may also be runtime protections and changes to make it differ from standard PHP bytecode so you have to reverse engineer that, plus changes to the execution engine (Zend and ionCube contain their own execution engines), and then decompile back to what the source could have looked like. Obfuscations will likely present further limitations to reconstruction accuracy.

You could always go to their host make your own dmca takedown message so if it not taken care of you will lake legal action 99% of the time it will work :/

myserve
    you can send your own message.
    Amanah Tech Inc.
    151 Front Street, Toronto, Canada
    Affordable Colocation & 100TB Dedicated Servers.
    Email: sales@amanah.com | +1 416 603 9825 X1 | http://www.amanah.com

From the past the easiest step is to go directly to the hosting provider. Sometimes you might need an attorney to draft the formal letter first. It is probably one of the best ways to get the actual users attention. The hosting provider will send the offender an email asking them to resolve the conflict and if not the site will be turned off.

From that point the offender can either resolve the issue or escalate to their attorney if they do not believe they are in conflict...

Bottom line, talk to a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by phpa View Post
    No software or hardware for that matter is "uncrackable". It's typically far from trivial though. With compiled code PHP systems you have to get to the bytecode which you may or may not achieve by examining memory, but that's not all. There may also be runtime protections and changes to make it differ from standard PHP bytecode so you have to reverse engineer that, plus changes to the execution engine (Zend and ionCube contain their own execution engines), and then decompile back to what the source could have looked like. Obfuscations will likely present further limitations to reconstruction accuracy.

If it's made by man, it can be cracked by man. Plain and Simple.
    2Vibrant Hosting Solutions - Quality Hosting, and Top Notch Support

Quote Originally Posted by tim2718281 View Post
    Don't try to involve their hosting provider; it's nothing to do with the hosting provider.
    He could content there hosting provider to take down there site though.

Copyright is copyright - if the host is hosting it then he/she should work with the software makers to resolve the matter.

He/she should also contact a lawyer and sue them!
    | AuzzHosting - Coming soon!
    | 24/7 Support, Small Enough To Care, Quality Networks, Instant Setup.
    | Europe | Uk |More Locations Coming Soon

Contact the host directly explaining the situation. Most reputable hosts disallow the use of cracked software on their servers and will take action if you present a reasonable case.

DMCAnow Takedown Service

Hay, you can visit this website dmcanow.com and read all details about dmcan takedown service. because i had read also and i am very impressed about dmca takedown service. specially you can achieve protect by Dmcanow.com badge because its 100% Percent Free.

http/:dmcanow.com/our-services/