Exclamation Standard VPS Hosting Trends...Which Host to Choose?? --Help

Many web hosts or vps hosts use the latest and most popular control panels out their; pretty much the level of service is almost the same through all the hosts. The only major difference is the bandwidth in/out and their io; which most known vps hosts and web hosts already have. I guess the ui attraction and other minor things such as support for noobs and etc. So how do I know which is the best vps host?

You will never find "the best" host. They all have small issues - no one is perfect.
    However, I think it's best to contact the company: ask some questions, maybe get to know them.

Feel good about the decisions you make, look up reviews on the company, etc.

Good luck - don't worry about it too much, I don't think anyone will ever find the BEST.

The best is very subjective, what a provider do best or simply better for some maybe it's less important fo others
    Prometeus.com & iperweb.com Hosting Solutions since 1997
    We are LIR (RIPE NCC member) and do BGP with ASN 34971 Multiple gigabit/s network capacity
    iwStack.com IaaS Cloud services

RAID-10 on top-notch HDD's is one way to get good I/O.
    I've long been pleased with the I/O on EuroVPS servers. (They're proud of their hardware, too!)
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by preddy View Post
    Many web hosts or vps hosts use the latest and most popular control panels out their; pretty much the level of service is almost the same through all the hosts. The only major difference is the bandwidth in/out and their io; which most known vps hosts and web hosts already have. I guess the ui attraction and other minor things such as support for noobs and etc. So how do I know which is the best vps host?
    If you understand virtualization and have experience with different virtual machines (server), you;d not ask a questions like "how do I know which is the best vps host". When someone know what one is looking for, then he/she asks questions to the web hosting provider and could always find out what is the level of service? I do not think we should compare KVM based VM with an OpenVZ VPs fro example.
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

Quote Originally Posted by preddy View Post
    Many web hosts ... So how do I know which is the best vps host?
    At face value it looks like a commodity (everyone has the similar control panels, software, claims of 24x7 support, etc). But behind the scenes it depends what matters most to you

A) specialized software add-on options? (billing software, specialized backup addon software)

B) specialized managed services (custom firewall/hardening, hands-on updates)

C) true support (call and test them during the sales cycle)

It's hard to weed out the good from the bad up front without doing some home work (reviews, ask the vendor what hardware they use, what datacenter they host in, etc) - until you feel comfortable.
    Colohouse | P: 877-539-4638 | E: hello@colohouse.com
    Dedicated Servers | Cloud VPS | Colocation | Web Hosting | Public & Private Cloud | IaaS & DRaaS
    Data Centers: New York | Chicago | Miami | Colorado | California | Amsterdam