Talking !! STOP !! review my web site

kidding,

I was just wondering what you guys will think while reviewing my web site.

Please have a look at my web site http://www.cphosting.com/
    and pass anycomments you may have.

Also i specially had doubts about the logo, should i go for changing it? Hey by the way we are working on new design so before i say goodby to this design i wanted to know your views.

thank you for your time.

Last edited by mahinder; 12-19-2001 at 07:18 PM.
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

It's alright. It needs some more spacing and padding in those table cells, and the emphasis is all wrong (the big picture draws the attention, rather than the logo or your big text next to the picture). Also, I'm not one for word art sorts of things, I think they make a page look unprofessional. Using three completely different styles is even worse in my book.

But overall, it doesn't look *bad*, I just think you'll probably want something better.

Also, scrolling marquees are disliked as much as pop ups by some people...

Lawrence thank you for suggestions.

Originally posted by Lawrence
    . . .
    Using three completely different styles is even worse in my book.
    . . .
    do you mean font used on home page for the big text in red and hosting price information!

Yes, that's the stuff. Some people like it, I just find that it looks like the designer was having a play with what they could do, rather than having a plan when they did it.

That's not exactly a problem, but when it comes to wanting to look professional, "plan" is better than "play"

Site looks great mahinder, Only thing I might change would be the red logos, they clash with the colors of the site.
    The girls got my eye quick. You might try and slap a order button right under them

Originally posted by dbnet
    Site looks great mahinder, Only thing I might change would be the red logos, they clash with the colors of the site.
    The girls got my eye quick. You might try and slap a order button right under them
    Lawrence you are right because i quit web design department long time back i was having amature designer with me and we both designed this web site in hurry and often don't get time to update it.

hey, dbnet, this was the exact idea behind it. We wanted to show that you will become happy like this girl if you host with us and you don't need to worry about anything else. , if you click on girls image it will take you to hosting plan page, now i guess i should redirect link to order page
    Last edited by mahinder; 12-19-2001 at 08:26 PM.

You asked me to so here's what I see that could use some changes:

First, scrolling things is a bad idea. It's distracting and keeps the user from looking at anything else. Next, you have a ton of navigation places jammed into one spot. You don't want to throw too much at the potential customer at once. Instead of saying "Order / Sign-up your plan here" just pick either Order or Sign-up for.

Now scrap the "Enjoy Piece of Mind" and "Hosting from...". The blurry red on flat black text doesn't look professional and if you still want that as a little motto or something, get a good logo made and put that under it in small text. The hosting from part needs to be scrapped because it looks blurry and someone of a cruddy bevel to it.

I like the layout past that, however there becomes a problem with any site that posts news. Keeping it up to date. When you post news and suddenly gaps appear it can be viewed as though the company suddenly went dead or into hiding.

I'll skip along to another page for now. The signup page. First thing's first, it's not secure. I don't care if my payment isn't going through this page, my personal information is. Next, what's there to make sure the user's read your terms of service? I would put in a checkbox or something that the user has to change or check off to signify they agree with the terms.

Jumping around a bit I notice you like to highlight things in yellow. While this does get attention it also kills the view. Waaaaaay too bright. On the plans page at the bottom you specify per year/per month with only 3 things. Best to specify for each one.

Contact us page, like I tell most people, my personal preference for sites is to use forms instead of e-mail addresses since e-mail addresses tend to get collected and then hit with tons of spam. Also, it'd be nice if near the phone numbers something was written as to when live people will pick up, if it's voicemail, if it's 24/7 live support or what.

Company News page... well well what do we have here... the front page is updated with an October event, but the news page, dedicated to nothing but company news doesn't have it! :O ()

Control Panel page (and others with screenshot). Demo vs. Screenshot are different. If the screenshot isn't what they get then update it.

Like the Support Center. I'd integrate the Support Center and the FAQ then scrap the links to one of them just to cut down on the number of places a person will have to go. They're basically the same thing just a bit of different info.

That's all for now. Can't wait to see the new site.
    Justin K.
    "Error: Keyboard not found. Press any key to continue."

I think your site would look right if you replace the girls with a server or any hosting related item.

thanks, JustinK, your reviewing was very very help full. yes, I will update the company news page but what if there is no news to put on the web site ?.

ok, I just changed the demo control panel to advance theme yesterday and will sure update it.

hi Asia, yes that is what we have in mind for next design, but isn't that girl get attention of the visitor and make him think something,

Now what is that something I don't know!!

Please tell me when you first gone to my web site a saw the girl photo what thought it draw in your mind?.

Generally there photo of computer or rack or server on the FrontPages so I just wanted to have something different on my web site that is why I decided to keep girl photo instead of boxes which is very common. what do you guys think ?

thank you guys, i never figure out those things myself.

I think you've got a great idea with the girl there, and I like the "Enjoy your hosting" idea. The problem is that the picture draws too much attention, and then doesn't lead the viewer anywhere. It's great that it draws so much attention, but you just need to use it better - perhaps a bold caption under the picture ("Enjoy your hosting...") that leads the reader onto the text and your hosting plans?

One of the big things in web design and any sort of publishing is leading the reader through the information on your page. You've got an excellent start to the leading, you just need to carry on with it!

Thumbs up

I have nothing negative to say about it. It looks good - only one thing, as another reviewer also mentioned - that scroll thing. It's from the old days and it's really annoying. I would use another type of script - take a look at http://www.ebizalive.com - the script box on the left. The text comes and disappears. It's like more relaxing etc.. But else I have nothing to say. Good job.

John

No news is not good news. You already have a news page so why not just get rid of the news on the main page? People are there for hosting, not all out news on it. If they need the news they can go to the page you made for it. If you were comparing products one without a news section and one with a news section not updated for 2 months, which would you be more interested in?
    Justin K.
    "Error: Keyboard not found. Press any key to continue."

quite crowded and too much text how about organising it a bit more might help and too much purple used perhaps using a combination of colours might help.

I think it is nice. The news should go to a different page though.
    |||| ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    |||| Top 10 Web Hosts - www.TopHostScout.com
    |||| ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A nice site, but for some strange reason it reminds me of http://www.addr.com - You all can be the judge
    RACK911 Labs | Penetration Testing | https://www.RACK911Labs.ca

www.HostingSecList.com - Security Notices for the Hosting Community.