Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Melnel View Post
    LOL Vishal thanks for the link! I am site admin on that forum, but unless and until you read the places I suggested you will always be in the dark.

The article you linked to was written in April of 2000, there has been a lot of water under the bridge since then. PageRank still works mostly like it did way back then but it only operates on those links which Google allows it to operate on.

If Google says that it is discounting recirocal links then they don't get included in the PageRank calcs.

Well I'll prefer dark side

Btw

I dont see any forum on that site. And dont you think being SEO Experts(Site Admin) now its too late to update your site since April 2000 ?
    Vishal

Indian Social Bookmarking tweetr.in

If Google says that it is discounting recirocal links then they don't get included in the PageRank calcs.
    LOL You are not confident abt your statement.

PageRank still works mostly like it did way back then but it only operates on those links which Google allows it to operate on.
    Google dont allows anything. Assigning PR and Top Ranking for site its totally Automated process.
    Vishal

Quote Originally Posted by Vishal View Post

Google dont allows anything. Assigning PR and Top Ranking for site its totally Automated process.
    Correct. Google counts quality links linking to your website and assign PR accordingly, also - quality and unique content.
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

Quote Originally Posted by Zafar Ahmed View Post
    , have you guys ever heard of Google Dance?
    There has not been a google dance since before your post stating "what does an SEO do?"
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!

Quote Originally Posted by AHFB HTML View Post
    There has not been a google dance since before your post stating "what does an SEO do?"
    You have been warned to stop bashing threads by the moderator here, please stop it. Otherwise, you can get a ban for it.
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

have you guys ever heard of Google Dance?
    WOW, nuff said.

Google does not dance anymore. Rather it is a ever flux of changing position dealing with localization, personalization and using different datacenters.

In the past when Google "danced" it was the process of them rolling out algorithm changes to the public.

Zafar it seems you knowledge is very dated as far as it is concerned with SEO. Here is a post that may help you catch up on some things.
    Jaan Kanellis | iNET Interactive

Your threats do not change the fact that
    Starts November 5th!

Quote Originally Posted by incrediblehelp View Post
    WOW, nuff said.

Google does not dance anymore. Rather it is a ever flux of changing position dealing with localization, personalization and using different datacenters.

In the past when Google "danced" it was the process of them rolling out algorithm changes to the public.

Zafar it seems you knowledge is very dated as far as it is concerned with SEO. Here is a post that may help you catch up on some things.

Good to see there are some that prefer to give good information. I would expect no less knowing you have worked with Yahoo.co.uk as well as WHTs very own hotscripts.
    Starts November 5th!

Thanks AHFB HTML. Zafar I dont think anyone is attacking you. We are just making sure no bad advice happens here.
    Jaan Kanellis | iNET Interactive

Link exchange is somewhat risky

LOL You are not confident abt your statement.

Right Vishnal, unless you have a pipeline into Googles engineering offices you can't be 100% sure of anything Google does. If you have such a pipeline please share it with us all unless of course you are just trying to be disagreeable.

Interesting that you seem to think that the Google Algo is cast in concrete and cannot be changed as the people at Google desire. The Google algo can and does change quite often.
    I plan to live forever - so far so good
    Expert SEO |Sash Windows London

Right Vishnal, unless you have a pipeline into Googles engineering offices you can't be 100% sure of anything Google does. If you have such a pipeline please share it with us all unless of course you are just trying to be disagreeable.
    No Offense

I am not trying to be disagreeable. But Fact is Fact and you dont want to understand it

Interesting that you seem to think that the Google Algo is cast in concrete and cannot be changed as the people at Google desire. The Google algo can and does change quite often.

I dont said this, I know that google changes his algo quite often.

I just said that assigning PR to site and Top ranking is totally Automated process.
    Vishal

Quote Originally Posted by incrediblehelp View Post
    Very true boss. By the way what domain are you ranking "SEO" in the top of Google for?
    I sent you a PM with my URL, #4 is the highest up the top 10 i've managed for "SEO" which is not bad i guess.. I just had SeoChat.com and 2 Wiki URL's above me.

I'll need a few link exchanges to knock them out.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolfz View Post
    Link exchange is somewhat risky
    No, it isn't.. It may not be very useful, but unless you are linking to bad neighborhoods (which you shouldn't do anyway) recip linking is not a "risky" venture..
    Steve
    Metal Monster Marketing : Internet Marketing

I did few link exchange for a keyword "seo guru" - i paid for none, I acheived first page in 4 days.
    And a couple days later you were back on page 6 for that term, where you still remain today. I would have thought that would kind of suggest that google first recognized the link from the recip partners,and ranked based on that, until they later saw the return links on your site and devalued them, causing your site to drop back where it should be. I would have expected an "SEO Guru" to think of something that fundamentally simple.
    William Cross
    Don Halbert *play site*
    william@seofox.com

Bollocks. Tell that to the hundred or so directories that google zapped recently and removed all PR from. Assigning PR may be automatic, but if google does not want to "allow" you to have PR, you don't. Period.
    William Cross
    Don Halbert *play site*
    william@seofox.com

This Link will help you to Understand the PageRank System

http://www.webworkshop.net/pagerank.html
    Now that is bloody funny. Yer telling a moderator at webworkshop.net to go read a webworkshop.net article......

ummm.....
    William Cross
    Don Halbert *play site*
    william@seofox.com

Quote Originally Posted by nuclei View Post
    Bollocks. Tell that to the hundred or so directories that google zapped recently and removed all PR from. Assigning PR may be automatic,
    This is expectational case

but if google does not want to "allow" you to have PR, you don't. Period.
    I just said for normal sites not for special case
    Vishal

Now that is bloody funny. Yer telling a moderator at webworkshop.net to go read a webworkshop.net article......

ummm.....

I had a dream about it ?. That his a moderate of that site /

How do I know abt it ?
    Vishal

I just said for normal sites not for special case
    Umm no... you made a blanket statement as fact.

I do not see it saying "for normal sites" anywhere in there. Even if it had the definition of a "normal" site should be made clear as normal and unpenalized are 2 different things.
    William Cross
    Don Halbert *play site*
    william@seofox.com

I have updated the statement now

Google don't allows anything(Maybe he will in special case). Assigning PR and Top Ranking for site its totally Automated process Only for Normal Sites.
    Vishal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12