Art Of Central Server hosting Trouble.

Hey guys im new to the forums but was told it was the best place to complain or say something about a company and get some advice if i get in trouble with them well here i am....

Basically, 4 Days ago from this post. I ordered a server through art of war central moving from NFO servers, Due to me having issues with ACE mod and I44 Mod. Basically the server wasnt running and remained offline and their friendly support just couldnt help which was fine, So i chose between Defcon and Art of War and chose art of war due to price difference on a ArmA 2 CO 32 slot player server, and they even said they'd update the mod for us, So I ordered with a 5 day free trial with my credit card, after navigating through their buggy website... So i wasnt expecting to spend the $49 for server for another 5 day of the free trial, Even looking at the statements page of my account i stated i started the free trial, it said it started the free trial 3 times! making a deposit of my bank of $3 when it should have been only $1!

So im already furious!
    Then they state it takes 2-5 hours to set up the server i waited 14 hours for the server to pop up and after not being able to email support because "i dont have a server to support" so i post on the forums about it, it takes 7 hours for a reply saying "weve been looking into updating our server base making it easier for our customers which really dosent help me. So im thinking wow i dont want to stay with this company after all the complaints on their forums and the issues ive had with them with being with them for under 24 hours! So i cancel my order thinking my money hasnt gone since im on a 5 day trial. I check my bank and $52 has disappeared Im thinking WTF Literly fuming and so angry that this as happened im not able to get hold of support except their billing email which ive been waiting 4 days for a reply from. So at this time i have a missing $51 out my bank and im getting 1 reply on my forum post every day at 3am saying very minimum that truely dosent help me!

Things like
    "Hello MrWhitby,
    It appears your eagerness may have betrayed you in this case. Either you cancelled instantly after you paid (before the server was up) or Nothing was actually ordered after you logged in. Your account has credit on it. Log in and order your game service!
    Let me know if you have any further issues."

When he says i have credit on my account he means the $3.89 i have from the deposit i placed for the 3 free trial i supposedly purchased which should only be one free trial. So i still have a missing $49 Ive opened a dispute on PayPal and im getting very small response from their forum admins. It even says on my statements i spent $49 for my server saying its been diposited from my PayPal. Which
    1- Im meant to be on a free trial with a deposit ive been overcharged on.
    2- I cancelled my server and they took the money not only when they shouldnt have but when the server wasnt even up! So they got my budget on my game server, Im currently looking into new server companies. But i dont have the money because Art Of War Central Game servers have taken it when they shouldnt have and basically im worried about them saying sorry we cant give you a refund blah blah blah.

End result do i have a chance on getting a refund for my issue? Ive opened a dispute on PayPal but have to wait till the 7SEPT to make it into a claim for PayPal to get involved.

Can i get a refund?

Thanks guys.

Was the 'free trial' an actual trial or was it more of a get 5 days free when purchasing a server? From what you say it sounds like they should refund you back. Is there there a number you can call?
    |||Matthew Camp
    |||FlameBase - Open Source Billing Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewC View Post
    Was the 'free trial' an actual trial or was it more of a get 5 days free when purchasing a server? From what you say it sounds like they should refund you back. Is there there a number you can call?
    Problem is im in the UK so i cant really call the US but i did once and it went straight to voicemail i left a message.
    No they just say a 5 day free trial nothing about purchasing thing is. For the trial i had to use my Card, and for the full server costs i was going to use PayPal so they took the money from paypal so it took the trial deposit from my Card and full costs from PayPal....

Can't you just transfer the money from your paypal into your cards account? I am not going to beat around the bush, chances are your out that money.
    |||Matthew Camp
    |||FlameBase - Open Source Billing Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewC View Post
    Can't you just transfer the money from your paypal into your cards account? I am not going to beat around the bush, chances are your out that money.
    I can open a claim on PayPal, Problem is the money isnt in my PayPal its been used to pay for the server, which i dont have! Why would i be out of money?

Quote Originally Posted by MrWhitby View Post
    Hey guys im new to the forums but was told it was the best place to complain or say something about a company and get some advice if i get in trouble with them well here i am....

Basically, 4 Days ago from this post. I ordered a server through art of war central moving from NFO servers, Due to me having issues with ACE mod and I44 Mod. Basically the server wasnt running and remained offline and their friendly support just couldnt help which was fine, So i chose between Defcon and Art of War and chose art of war due to price difference on a ArmA 2 CO 32 slot player server, and they even said they'd update the mod for us, So I ordered with a 5 day free trial with my credit card, after navigating through their buggy website... So i wasnt expecting to spend the $49 for server for another 5 day of the free trial, Even looking at the statements page of my account i stated i started the free trial, it said it started the free trial 3 times! making a deposit of my bank of $3 when it should have been only $1!

So im already furious!
    Then they state it takes 2-5 hours to set up the server i waited 14 hours for the server to pop up and after not being able to email support because "i dont have a server to support" so i post on the forums about it, it takes 7 hours for a reply saying "weve been looking into updating our server base making it easier for our customers which really dosent help me. So im thinking wow i dont want to stay with this company after all the complaints on their forums and the issues ive had with them with being with them for under 24 hours! So i cancel my order thinking my money hasnt gone since im on a 5 day trial. I check my bank and $52 has disappeared Im thinking WTF Literly fuming and so angry that this as happened im not able to get hold of support except their billing email which ive been waiting 4 days for a reply from. So at this time i have a missing $51 out my bank and im getting 1 reply on my forum post every day at 3am saying very minimum that truely dosent help me!

Things like
    "Hello MrWhitby,
    It appears your eagerness may have betrayed you in this case. Either you cancelled instantly after you paid (before the server was up) or Nothing was actually ordered after you logged in. Your account has credit on it. Log in and order your game service!
    Let me know if you have any further issues."

When he says i have credit on my account he means the $3.89 i have from the deposit i placed for the 3 free trial i supposedly purchased which should only be one free trial. So i still have a missing $49 Ive opened a dispute on PayPal and im getting very small response from their forum admins. It even says on my statements i spent $49 for my server saying its been diposited from my PayPal. Which
    1- Im meant to be on a free trial with a deposit ive been overcharged on.
    2- I cancelled my server and they took the money not only when they shouldnt have but when the server wasnt even up! So they got my budget on my game server, Im currently looking into new server companies. But i dont have the money because Art Of War Central Game servers have taken it when they shouldnt have and basically im worried about them saying sorry we cant give you a refund blah blah blah.

End result do i have a chance on getting a refund for my issue? Ive opened a dispute on PayPal but have to wait till the 7SEPT to make it into a claim for PayPal to get involved.

Can i get a refund?

Thanks guys.
    The issues you went through is pretty typical of AOWC IIRC. I'm unfortunately not surprised.

If you're looking to get some better insight on GSPs you may want to head over to GSPTalk - a pretty active GSP forum; think of it like the WHT (minus the corporate stuff) for the gaming community.

Quote Originally Posted by JBrody View Post
    The issues you went through is pretty typical of AOWC IIRC. I'm unfortunately not surprised.

If you're looking to get some better insight on GSPs you may want to head over to GSPTalk - a pretty active GSP forum; think of it like the WHT (minus the corporate stuff) for the gaming community.
    thanks for the reply but do you think i can get my money back?

thanks for the reply but do you think i can get my money back?
    If you explain to PayPal that they violated their TOS for not setting up your service within a reasonable amount of time (or whatever their TOS states), PayPal should give you your money back, yeah.

One thing to think about in the future would be to avoid PayPal like the plague. Had you just paid with your checking/credit card, you could call your bank or CU and file a claim with them. They're protected under Visa/MC and can get almost any charge reversed with no questions asked.

If you explain to PayPal that they violated their TOS for not setting up your service within a reasonable amount of time (or whatever their TOS states), PayPal should give you your money back, yeah.

One thing to think about in the future would be to avoid PayPal like the plague. Had you just paid with your checking/credit card, you could call your bank or CU and file a claim with them. They're protected under Visa/MC and can get almost any charge reversed with no questions asked.
    Problem is im with a Debit card still a bank but no credit card. Does that matter?

Problem is im with a Debit card still a bank but no credit card. Does that matter?
    Yep, a debit card will qualify. Just call your bank and explain to them that you ordered a service which was not setup within their advertised time-frame (and TOS) and they refuse to give you your money back.

If you communicate this message to AOWC they may just give in and not deal with the hassle on their end. Worth a try.

Yep, a debit card will qualify. Just call your bank and explain to them that you ordered a service which was not setup within their advertised time-frame (and TOS) and they refuse to give you your money back.

If you communicate this message to AOWC they may just give in and not deal with the hassle on their end. Worth a try.
    I have done they just seem to ignore all messages.

I have done they just seem to ignore all messages.
    What I'm saying is tell them your course of action. "I'm going to be filing with my bank to get my money back, I'm sorry to have to do it this way."

Also file with the BBB if you're really serious. I believe they're listed under North American Game Technology, LLC.

Anyone else have an opinion on this situation?

I'm also not so surprised, but if you put a chargeback on it they'll end up paying you back, + paying a fee, which they don't want to do. Also when you do pull a chargeback you are often put on a consumer blacklist. Also it's likely that paypal won't do anything for you, as this is non-tangible item, and they don't cover non-tangible things.

That said give them an ultimatum, tell them your going to do a chargeback if they don't refund you. Also make it clear that your not happy with their service.

One last thing, if they say they'll install XYZ mod for you, don't expect it to be done in their normal setup time. Those sort of things take time.
    -Ryan K
    Quality Minecraft hosting at a price you can afford!
    Managed Dedicated and VPS hosting.
    evlbox.com

Quote Originally Posted by ryguy222 View Post
    I'm also not so surprised, but if you put a chargeback on it they'll end up paying you back, + paying a fee, which they don't want to do. Also when you do pull a chargeback you are often put on a consumer blacklist. Also it's likely that paypal won't do anything for you, as this is non-tangible item, and they don't cover non-tangible things.

That said give them an ultimatum, tell them your going to do a chargeback if they don't refund you. Also make it clear that your not happy with their service.

One last thing, if they say they'll install XYZ mod for you, don't expect it to be done in their normal setup time. Those sort of things take time.
    Well as soon as my moneys returned im getting off this company as soon as i possibly can, May i ask whats a chargeback? and what do you mean by Blacklist? Blacklist for that company specifically or whole game server wide?

A chargeback is when you call up your bank and tell them you want them to forcibly pull the money from Art of war and give it back to you. For fraud, breaking terms etc.

Also there are many consumer black lists that some companies use. The blacklist contains customers that have pulled a chargeback recently. Chargebacks are expensive for many companies, and they don't want the risk of having it happen, so they enroll in blacklists that automatically deny people who have every done a chargeback.
    -Ryan K
    evlbox.com

A chargeback is when you call up your bank and tell them you want them to forcibly pull the money from Art of war and give it back to you. For fraud, breaking terms etc.

Also there are many consumer black lists that some companies use. The blacklist contains customers that have pulled a chargeback recently. Chargebacks are expensive for many companies, and they don't want the risk of having it happen, so they enroll in blacklists that automatically deny people who have every done a chargeback.
    So, by threatening a chargeback, I could possibly get denied access to other server companies in the future?

Eh not just hosting companies, any company who uses the blacklists. Not very many do, and you won't from just threatening it, you only could get added to one if you go through with it.
    -Ryan K
    evlbox.com

Eh not just hosting companies, any company who uses the blacklists. Not very many do, and you won't from just threatening it, you only could get added to one if you go through with it.
    So, do you think doing a chargeback would be the correct thing to do? It sounds like something I should steer away from.

Use it as a last resort. Make sure Art of War is aware that your going to do a charge-back. If they still don't budge go ahead with it.
    -Ryan K
    evlbox.com