Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

What are the most link exchanges you should do in a day?

Some people have told me that if you build up your reciprocal links too quickly, that may hurt you more than help you. What's the most link trades you should do in a day?

Quote Originally Posted by gregdavidson View Post
    Some people have told me that if you build up your reciprocal links too quickly, that may hurt you more than help you. What's the most link trades you should do in a day?
    Yes those people are right.

Coz if you do that SE will assume that your trying to spam your site.

Do one thing decide specific amount of link for reciprocal or one way link for each day.So your site will get constant backlinks and also will help to get higher ranking in SE.
    Vishal

Indian Social Bookmarking tweetr.in

Greg I don think that is really the case at all. You cant control how fast you get links sometimes.

Lets say you write a blog post that gets picked up fairly quickly in the blogsphere. You think Google is going to penalize the post or the blog for that, hardly.
    Jaan Kanellis | iNET Interactive

Exactly as incredible is saying.. If this really were true, you could easily take a competitor out of the rankings simply buy paying an Indian company $100 to run up a quick 3000 links..

It also runs contrary to the entire philosophy of link bait, which google recommends..
    Steve
    Metal Monster Marketing : Internet Marketing

The worst that can happen is that google will ignore those links. Google will not penalize for getting lots of links quickly.

If, google penalize for getting links quickly, then people will start to get lots of links for their competitors in order to get them penalized.

Quote Originally Posted by gregdavidson View Post

If by link trades you mean reciprocal links the answer is zero - you should give up on reciprocal links as its a waste of time.
    I plan to live forever - so far so good
    Expert SEO |Sash Windows London

Quote Originally Posted by Melnel View Post
    If by link trades you mean reciprocal links the answer is zero - you should give up on reciprocal links as its a waste of time.
    I couldn't agree with this more. Never saw why people choose to trade links to a site that for the most part is in the same category as your own. That would be like Ford sending people over to a Chevy dealership to have a look around.
    How many web hosts does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Well here's something i couldn't agree more on.

as many as you like.. Google will not penalties for your links
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

Reciprocal Links are one of the best cost effecting way to get links and traffic to your website which is comes under the "SEM" as well, although it has been de-valued by search engines however it plays an important role in your websites link popularity.

Apparently, there are more disadvantages of having reciprocal links, it can give away your page rank if you a website with less PR and less trust with google is linked by you or if a website irrelavant to your niche is linked by you, this could lead to a loss in your website PR.

So, if you are not really a PR maniac, go for it
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

Sorry Zafar but Google at least does not count reciprocal links in its ranking scheme so its just a waste of time.

Link exchanging should be implemented naturally. When the site you want to link to or the one that wants to link to you has relevant content that complements your database then it is alright. In the events when you post to gazillion directories just to build a huge amount of backlinks you will more then likely going to be slapped, figuratively speaking, by the almighty G I guess.

Sorry Zafar but Google at least does not count reciprocal links in its ranking scheme so its just a waste of time.
    Are you kidding me? Do you think relevant link exchange won't even count?

I did few link exchange for a keyword "seo guru" - i paid for none, I acheived first page in 4 days. Since paid links are banned by google, there are two ways of link trading, one is reciprocal or naturally.

Thank you.
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide

Quote Originally Posted by Zafar Ahmed View Post
    Are you kidding me? Do you think relevant link exchange won't even count?

I did few link exchange for a keyword "seo guru" - i paid for none, I acheived first page in 4 days. Since paid links are banned by google, there are two ways of link trading, one is reciprocal or naturally.

Thank you.
    Page 2 here for "seo guru". You might want to search with your google account turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by incrediblehelp View Post
    Page 2 here for "seo guru". You might want to search with your google account turned off.
    I have him first page on Google.com, #7 to be exact.. However in all honesty SEO Guru is not competitive what so ever. An allintitle:"seo guru" pulls up just 1,680 results showing nobody is bothering to target it because it brings in no traffic.

Any site with moderate strength could do a subpage with "SEO Guru" as the title, mention it 2 or 3 times on the page and wind up on first page with no external backlinks.. just internal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafar Ahmed View Post
    I did few link exchange for a keyword "seo guru" - i paid for none, I acheived first page in 4 days.
    And a couple days later you were back on page 6 for that term, where you still remain today. I would have thought that would kind of suggest that google first recognized the link from the recip partners,and ranked based on that, until they later saw the return links on your site and devalued them, causing your site to drop back where it should be. I would have expected an "SEO Guru" to think of something that fundamentally simple.
    William Cross
    Don Halbert *play site*
    william@seofox.com

I think you need to have some brush up for your skills
    Vishal

Quote Originally Posted by Vishal View Post
    I think you need to have some brush up for your skills
    Think away Vishal, but it might pay you do some research on the subject, say starting with Matt Cutts blog and Google webmaster central.

It could save you a lot of wasted effort.

Think away Vishal, but it might pay you do some research on the subject, say starting with Matt Cutts blog and Google webmaster central.

It could save you a lot of wasted effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melnel
    Your saying that Reciprocal links does not count in Ranking system
    [Yawn]

For your reference

"Reciprocal links can gain or lose PageRank. You need to take care when choosing where to exchange links."

Reciprocal Links counts in PageRank system. If you reciprocal your link with HIGH PR site then this will help you to get HighPage Rank.

This Link will help you to Understand the PageRank System

http://www.webworkshop.net/pagerank.html
    Vishal

Your saying that Reciprocal links does not count in Ranking system
    [Yawn]

For your reference

"Reciprocal links can gain or lose PageRank. You need to take care when choosing where to exchange links."

Reciprocal Links counts in PageRank system. If you reciprocal your link with HIGH PR site then this will help you to get HighPage Rank.

Exactly what I was trying to prove to MR.SEO Expert.

Also, being on top for "SEO Guru" does not means I'm on top on every datacenter, have you guys ever heard of Google Dance?

I just wrote an article about the different SERP's result, you might want to read it:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=683057
    Last edited by Zafar Ahmed; 04-01-2008 at 09:29 AM.
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide

Now that is bloody funny. Yer telling a moderator at webworkshop.net to go read a webworkshop.net article......

ummm.....
    William Cross
    Don Halbert *play site*
    william@seofox.com

too fast, too many ... then the question is what is too much or too fast?

are you talking about 10-20 a day or 2000 in a few hours?
    big difference !

I find it hard to believe that reciprocal links have lost all of their value, but certainly most of it, limit it to 20-30 really top-links, as in; real value for your visitors, but that's it, don't do hundreds of link exchanges with all kind of crappy sites, related or not, that's not working anymore !

Or you can use "dots"
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide

Very true boss. By the way what domain are you ranking "SEO" in the top of Google for?

Quote Originally Posted by incrediblehelp View Post
    Very true boss. By the way what domain are you ranking "SEO" in the top of Google for?
    I sent you a PM with my URL, #4 is the highest up the top 10 i've managed for "SEO" which is not bad i guess.. I just had SeoChat.com and 2 Wiki URL's above me.

I'll need a few link exchanges to knock them out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast