Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry rackshack is ****

My server is down 34 hours and support of rackshack does not know to me to say the reason.

Uily Neves

Server Unplugged

As stated in the IRC room

brashost, as stated yesterday by me... your server was in violation of our AUP .. probably ping flooding, DoS, ect and we caught it so we blocked it at the router. this 35 hour down time isnt our fault and is the fault of YOUR server. you emailed abuse concerning... cool. but that i no excuse to come in here and complain about it when I nor the others can touch your server or the abuse email to decide on the matter

This came from a System Administrator at RackShack. This server owner knows what he has to do and keeps complaining to RackShack tech support.
    Webby Enterprises LLC - AS63031
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated and Colo from Sunny Central Florida
    In the business since 1997!
    http://www.webbytech.net

support is *****

but as I can decide my problem if the excrement of support does not answer my email and nor ticket, thus I cannot decide nothing

Uily Neves

Busted .... don't Spam, ping flood, DoS, and the like from Rackshack servers. We have no tolerance for such.

Robert Marsh
    Head Surfer Rackshack.net

Tech support unresponsive?????

Comn my friend, give me a break.

RackShack Tech Support has told you in IRC multiple times that your server was unplugged because of PING flooding or DOS attacks and that you would have to email abuse@ev1.net or rnp@rackshack.net if you want the server online. So you go and flood rnp@rackshack.net with 4 emails within 2 minutes. Great customer you are...
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated and Colo from Sunny Central Florida

I and nor my customers we made Spam and nor Ddos, which the reason for my server is down?

Uily Neves

Take Mr. Marsh's Advice...

Take the advice of headsurfer

Brashost-

It's all documented. Pretty simple and straight forward. This is one where you cannot talk your way around it. You know what has to be done and the terms for a second chance. It's your choice!

" and nor my customers we made Spam and nor Ddos" .... and just how could you know this if YOU cannot get into the server?

Robert Marsh

it would like to know as to decide these problems, my server already this down for 34 hours and I am losing customers

Uily Neves

* Very well put...

Very well put HeadSurfer.

BrasHost

I want to know what she is necessary I to decide this problem, necessary to place my server in air, because to continue itself thus I go to lose all my customers.

Uily Neves

* Got Ethernet????

Hey Brashost, Got Ethernet????

how I make to bind my server again?

Uily Neves

Why....

Originally posted by brashost
    how I make to bind my server again?

Uily Neves
    Why do you need to make your bind server again if your server is offline due to violation of TOS/AUP? I doubt you will get your server back.

rackshack

It would like to know what I must make so that my server he is on again, thus that to place it in air, will go to verify what it happened with it and to take the due measures so that not aconteca again

Uily Neves

Legal recourse

Brashost, you must be a kid...

1.) There is not Legal recourse you can take because you violated the TOS and the AUP of rackshack that you agreed to.

Originally posted by webtech
    Brashost, you must be a kid...
    Damn right! Have you seen how his English's like? Full of typo's etc. !
    Best regards,
    Thomas
    thomas.k@live.be

gee give him a break- he's probably foreign! and has poor english

Another Thing

You would also think this fellow is a kid if you seen how he acted in the RackShack IRC room the last day or so. Every hour on the hour..

Brashosts> My server is out of air x hours...

"and nor my customers we made Spam and nor Ddos" .... and just how could you know this if YOU cannot get into the server?
    I'm curious - what is the exact procedure, cost, and timeline to recover data if a server is compromised at Rackshack? Is assistance available at their hourly rate to recover, for example, customer files, logs, etc?

What would the response time be if someone had wallet in hand to getting another server setup and as much data as possible recovered?

Or is everything just 100% lost?

--obviously a good backup is the #1 solution, but I'm guessing that everyone doesn't backup everything every hour...

Originally posted by .:efCon::.

Damn right! Have you seen how his English's like? Full of typo's etc. !

Genius Hosting huh?

Originally posted by Erich

Genius Hosting huh?

I was considering to get 2-3 of those unmetered compaq's (when they are available again) but the above conversation leaves be a little uncertain as to how such dos attack incidents are being handled at rackshack.

I HAD a dos attack a while back (at a not-cheap host which is pretty well-known among here) too and I have (still) no clue why and where it came from. Up to that point I couldn't imagine to be the target of such attacks but whatever. The host handled it for me as the whole situation was beyond my technical skills anyway ... but I'd like to know...

If someone dos attacks my server at rackshack ...

(which MAY happen or not but my experience tells me it CAN happen, it's not likely but it can happen - it can be a competitor or whatever, an exposure of over 300k visitors a day might make it more likely at least)

.. it will be just put offline and then I have to "handle" that ... somehow... with no help whatsoever? Will I be accused to be somewhat RESPONSIBLE for it. Like "the one dos attacking you must have a reason"?

Well the first and last time it happened I don't think the attacker had a reason, and the host handled to stop it somehow but we couldn't find the "reason" or originator.

This is the flaw feeling (I might be totally wrong sorry for that) that I got from this thread, everything is fun and games untill SOMEONE decides to dos attack me or anything else unpredictable like that happens?

P.S.: I post free adult movies at tgp's and mgp's and x % of visitors buy memberships, hence the high bandwidth (each single gallery over 1000GB/month) and the high visitor numbers

No spam, dos attacks whatever involved ON MY SIDE. I have a ful time business to run and am not into warez, dos, cracking and other kiddie stuff. But my impression is that there is some kind of common sense among the posters in this thread that a dos attack is most likely the fault of the server owner? Am I right and if yes, why is that?

Sorry if I misunderstood things here, maybe someone can enlighten me?
    Last edited by Erich; 03-17-2002 at 05:21 PM.

I think HS was saying that he was using his server to cause DOS on others and SPAM others...

We are not so much concerened about your server being the target of an attack although we do have procedures for that as well. In that instance, while we may take you off line for a few minutes, we'll generally get you going again very soon as soon as we identify teh signature of teh attack and are able to block that signature.

What is most troublesome is when your server attacks from within our network or you SPAM your site or send it through our servers.

In several instances, we have helped resellers identify their users who are responsible and will allow them a second chance. However, in many instances it is the server owner themselves that are responsible.

If it is clear that you were compromised, we have certain rules before we will allow you back on the air so that it does not happen again.

Work with us and we'll work with you. However, if you take the position that we have no right to protect our network and it is your absolute right to have your server back up immediately, you may find us less willing to work with you. Our AUP/TOS covers these matters. However, if you work with us, we are less likely to impose the "death penalty" as we end up losing a customer over the issue.

Robert Marsh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast