Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Was there a boom in the economy or something?

Was there a boom in the economy or something that no one told me about?

19 orders today so far.

That's about how many we get in a month lately.

Hopefully they're not all fraudlent. It's very odd.

Some from google, some from microsoftwpp, some from webhostdirs, some just typing in the url.

I hope it keeps up. I think.

Maybe it's the nice weather today?

Hmm...
    -Mark Adams
    www.bitserve.com - Secure Michigan web hosting for your business.
    Only host still offering a full money back uptime guarantee and prorated refunds.
    Offering advanced server management and security incident response!

Wow!
    19 Orders in 1 day? I never got that quantity!
    I'm jealous
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

19 ORDERS I have noticed a slight increase in orders. We are doing atleast 5 a day now and before it was around 5-12 a week for a while.. Hope it keeps up.. I do have to say I have also seen a increase or orders like this..

Name: Joe
    Password: JoesWorld
    Password2: JoesWorld
    DomainName: JoeRules.com
    Phone: 800-joe-joe1
    Email: Joe@Joe.com

etc.. people just filling out order forms with nothing better to do..

19 orders - that's impressive

We've never hit 19...
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

Funny I stumbled across this thread today.

Our highest number of orders was 38 on New Years' Eve. Today I rec'd 4 chargebacks...all 4 were transactions put through on that date.

I generally get 10 orders a day and 1 chargeback every other month or so. Now I just feel stupid.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Nothing out of the ordinary today... if u log IP's from signups u may want to run them to make sure they point back to ips's relativly close to where the orders say theyre from. Maybe u got lucky?!

-Brendan

same here..

I too have seen an influx of new users lately. Half are referals from current users and the other half are just plain new.

Isn't it nice to see something that you've poured your heart and soul into succeed?

Regards,
    Darrell Buckhaults
    ThePrimeHost LLC - Serving Websites Since 2001.
    Fully Managed VPS Hosting w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Reseller Hosting with End User Support

I don't count anymore.

I brought 2 new servers online Mar 1.

So far 18 resellers on one, 178 domains on the other.

Yes business does seem to be picking up a bit lately.

Time to run an ad for more help.

And to Darrell, I wake up every day with the thought "ok today's when it starts to get back to normal, today I won't see 10-20 new signups, I'll see 1 or 2 or maybe 3 signups like a less than 5 month old company should" and then it doesn't and I'm glad
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

We got 9 online orders and 2 offline orders today.

******** - ASP, ASP.NET. Windows 2008 Hosting - Windows Reseller Plans

1 Exabyte = two to the sixtieth power byte, 1,152,921,504,606,846,976 bytes

I wish we got that many orders, but I suppose we are new. Well new from moving from a reseller to a proper host. But they have been coming in more.

* WOW!!!

Wow!!!! Gary of Dixiesys replied to one of my posts! Talk about a start from scratch business model of web hosting. It's a privilege sir! I have nothing but respect for what you have been able to accomplish in the short time that you have been in this industry. Kudos to you, sir!
    ThePrimeHost LLC - Serving Websites Since 2001.
    Fully Managed VPS Hosting w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Reseller Hosting with End User Support

I don't get a chance to read WHT much anymore

Heck I don't even think I've posted a special in the sell section in like, uhm, 2 months or so.

Oh 9 orders (domain registrations included) so far today.
    resident grumpy redneck

19 orders!!

wow! how did you manage that it's tough even getting one for me- I have less than that total!
    ▄▀▄ Jeremy, CEO - Batcave Network
    ▄▀▄ Deals on Hosting, VPS, Domains, Dedicated Servers since 1997
    ▄▀▄ http://www.batcave.net
    ▄▀▄ We always have a deal going - hosting for cheaper than a domain!

Re: 19 orders!!

Originally posted by batcavenet
    wow! how did you manage that it's tough even getting one for me- I have less than that total!
    Make that 13 and there's still 2 hours left in the day

I guess I'm just lucky.

I quit doing anything that even resembled advertising months ago, other than posting here in the for sale forums and running Ebay auctions, and I quit doing Ebay auctions about 5 or 6 weeks ago and I haven't posted in the for sale here in about that time or longer. Honestly I was trying to slow things down while we moved into the new colo here locally and kinda got our bearings and our feel for the new systems. Yeah so much for that idea. I've done more sales since March 1 than I did in the last half of February, granted I also did more in the first half of February as the last half, over $1000 more.

I wish I could make a detailed paint by numbers of what to do but frankly, I ain't done nothing really different that I know of. Folks call, I answer the phone and answer their questions, they email I reply back. Low prices don't hurt either.

Maybe it's that I'm not allowed to ever do what I plan. My plan was host 400-600 people, make enough money per month to pay some bills and stay home and just kinda get by not get all ambitious and try to be "big shot hosting company with many employees" so by virtue that wasn't allowed to happen and here I am about to hire at least 1, if not 2 more people this week and next, and also gotta get an accountant to start doing my books too and making sure I do the payroll and taxes thing by the book (I have no clue about that stuff which is allright if it's just me but it's not just me anymore). Ahh the best laid plans...
    resident grumpy redneck

This has been very inspirational.
    These are not the 'droids we're looking for. Move along.

Re: Re: 19 orders!!

Originally posted by Dixiesys

I quit doing anything that even resembled advertising months ago, other than posting here in the for sale forums and running Ebay auctions, and I quit doing Ebay auctions about 5 or 6 weeks ago and I haven't posted in the for sale here in about that time or longer.
    Sometimes you will continue to benefit from advertising many months down the line. It's likely that many people that saw your ad months ago and bookmarked your site. Now they are looking for hosting or to change service provider they have come back. The return on investment isn't always immediate.

Or maybe you were just lucky , but these new customers have to come from somewhere.
    Tommy
    www.webhostdir.com - Web Host Directory
    forums.webhostdir.com

Increase in sales

We too have seen a large increase in sales from February. We have also stopped advertising as we now get as many new customers as we did when we advertised.
    www.38h.com - Windows Hosting, Resellers and Dedicated

www.iistalk.net Windows only forum.

Well all of the orders checked out. I was expecting it to keep up, but didn't get any additional orders that day.

Got one order yesterday, which is the norm for us. Not sure why we're not more popular, but we've been slowly building ever since we started 5 years ago. Slow but sure.

Before 9/11, we were averaging 1-2 orders a day.

We never had 19 orders in one day before, so it was a major fluke.

Tina, 38 orders in one day? Wow. What's your secret? I wouldn't have imagined ordering web hosting on new years eve, btw.

Gary, even with how low priced your accounts are, I'm constantly as amazed as you are that you get as many new orders as you do. I hope it keeps up, because I'm excited for you never having to get a real job again.

I remember back when we started, a lot of our competition was actually bought out by verio, and I always held a grudge against verio for never offering to buys us. Not that we would have sold, but it's like they didn't think we were important enough. All I hope one day is to grow big enough to have an office downtown, and to be taken seriously in the ann arbor community.

We've been slow enough though, that jason will probably be managing everything while I get another full time job out of boredom. I have another interview coming up.
    -Mark Adams
    www.bitserve.com - Secure Michigan web hosting for your business.
    Only host still offering a full money back uptime guarantee and prorated refunds.
    Offering advanced server management and security incident response!

Better slow but steady.

***** does around 300 a day I heard.

-Brendan

Your boost in sales occured about the same time that MCHost experienced problems.

Sold 3 reseller accounts today, which i suppose is like 45 of Tina's Quick Start accounts. I think i have done 6 reseller accounts in a day, which would be 90 of Tina's accounts. Thats using the figure that they they stay for 10 months.

Can't forget Jumpline's customers jumping ship... we've gotten a bunch of them the past few days.

-Brendan

Originally posted by HRBrendan
    Can't forget Jumpline's customers jumping ship... we've gotten a bunch of them the past few days.
    I've been missing out on the news lately - too busy.

What happened to jumpline?

Always seemed like it was a good example of a web hosting company to me.

We get an average of 12-20 orders per day plus around 3-4 dedicated per week. Weekends are usually slow between 3-5 orders/day.
    Marc Wyss - marc@mchost.com
    MCHost Inc - Experts in Private Label Reseller Plans
    http://www.mchost.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast