Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* How do I learn web design easily?

Hello all,
    I have a blog on blogger.com where I have all the info about my content writing services. Recently, I have decided to transfer some of the materials on that blog to a new website.

However, I want to create this new site on my own because I don't want to spend a lot now. Where do I start? I have no knowledge of HTML . In addition, I need to do this new site ASAP

Thanks

If you don't particularly *want* to learn HTML but just want to get a site up and running, you could install a program like Wordpress. This is free to do and would mean you could just use the user-friendly Wordpress interface.

If you are learning HTML, it's going to take you a while longer than that, assuming you don't just want black text on a white background

Now a days most of the hosting companies offering easy site builder and you can create the website with out any HTML knowledge. So look for the host which offer web design software at free of cost. Also learning the HTML is easy and you can start making the web pages in less than a week time and you can find lot of online tutorials for learning html like this.

Blogs come in all shapes and size, your probable first step would be to do some googling to find a blogging software you want to use and walk through their installation step by step. Once completing this, you could probably move onto the next step fo stylign the blog to look exactly the way you want it. You do not paticullarly need to know any HTML or coding what so ever to get a blog online, but it can proove useful fi you want to update or make it look, cooler than the default style.

As always, practice makes perfect...

Dan
    Daniel Belden | Replicada.com
    p: +44 (0) 7528 633850 | e: dan@replicada.com

UK Professional Web Development & Hosting Solutions

Programs like Expression Web 2 have templates that are easily revised, with no knowledge of HTML.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers

You can get a wordpress site, choose from one of the thousands of free templates or pay a little for a premium one and then import your posts from your blogger site.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.™
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

Yeah in your case i will also recommend using wordpress as it would be easy to import your posts etc!

Web design

Thanks guys. I am not so much into Wordpress but I will try Expression Web 2. I bought a domain from godaddy but I really didn't understand how to build a site there(godaddy). Is it possible for me to build a site there and what are the pros and cons?

Regards

Is Wordpress good enough? To me it seems like it is not very professional to direct my clients to Wordpress unlike if I had my own site. Besides that, I already have a domain.

There are many professional sites created with wordpress and we're not talking about wordpress.com. The best option is to install wordpress on your own hosting account (either manually or through a script installer). And you don't have to have a site that looks like a blog. There are many WP sites that you'd never know they were wordpress.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.™
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

i think you have visited wordpress.com which is an online blogger solution just like blogger.com! Just goto wordpress.org and download script from their. Their are many hosts who provide one click install of wordpress and other popular scripts!

Quote Originally Posted by content writer View Post
    Thanks guys. I am not so much into Wordpress but I will try Expression Web 2. I bought a domain from godaddy but I really didn't understand how to build a site there(godaddy). Is it possible for me to build a site there and what are the pros and cons?

Regards
    That depends entirely on what comes with your domain purchase. In order to construct a website, "Web hosting" is required to harbour your web files. The domain name simply acts as an alias, so that users can visit your files without typing in a direct IP address to the server. Without hosting, your in the state whereby you have an alias but nowhere to put you files.

Now, it really depends if godaddy provide free hosting with your domain, if so it usually would be very small and very restricted in-order to motivate you to fork out more for better quality hosting. There are plenty of hosting providers here on this forum competing for business, I encourage you to check out this forum first:

Remember to do research on your provider though, Using the search function to look up reviews, as often the cheapest has the worst uptime and over-crowded servers, leaving you in a situation where the quality is as good as having no hosting at all. Quality is hardly ever quantity or cheap in the hosting world.

Good Luck anyhow,

Dan
    Daniel Belden | Replicada.com
    p: +44 (0) 7528 633850 | e: dan@replicada.com

UK Professional Web Development & Hosting Solutions

Dot Net Nuke is extremely easy to use. just pick your template and get going. It is also very cost effective!

Good luck with eveything.

Clarevz

yes. even i will recommend wordpress.

php-nuke not bad either

think people have overlooked what the original poster is asking for here so I feel compelled to write some blerb.

w3schools. google it. learn from it. job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Flumps View Post
    think people have overlooked what the original poster is asking for here so I feel compelled to write some blerb.

w3schools. google it. learn from it. job done.

You hit the nail on the head. Just pick up a text editor and follow along with the tutorials at the w3schools.
    HostREA.com
    kirk[@]hostrea.com
    Shared / Reseller cPanel Web Hosting
    WHMCS Templates -Ready to go instant downloads.

18. WordPress is the right choice.

You can use website builder software call SOHO launch or you can download the Templates free source and edit through ms front page extensions or check this site w3schools.org you can learn your self..

you can use web-page maker for web design is is simple and powerful, just drug and drop and make a website its very helpful if you don't know any HTML knowledge

You might like..

squarespace dot com

easy and attractive and your own domain

You can create the website with out any HTML knowledge.Also learning the HTML is easy and you can make the web pages in less than a week time and you can find lot of online tutorials for learning html like this.

And regarding wordpress its a very easy CMS software and you will find freedownload for wordpress latest versions and also free download themes for this. You will have to install wordpress and then the theme which you want to be installed for this. and start adding pages, blogs, archive, comments, posts, etc............

Thanks
    Samuel

The original poster is not asking for help with html, but help with website creation. On that basis I would recommend BlueVoda - I have used it for two years and I am very happy with both its ease of use and the quality of the results.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sam21x View Post
    The original poster is not asking for help with html, but help with website creation. On that basis I would recommend BlueVoda - I have used it for two years and I am very happy with both its ease of use and the quality of the results.
    Thanks Sam21x...This will be of great help. Can I see some sites you have built using BlueVoda

many hosting provider offers free blog applications (phpBB, wordpress), get a good hosting account and start your blog..

advance wishes!
    WebHost18.com - Domains | Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Server
    Bravo Technologies - Complete Network and Security Solutions Provider

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast