Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Adwords definitly works, and I think that this is a very good tutorial for new users being introduced into the industry.

Thanks for taking the time to provide everyone.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by amarie
    That is a great tutorial, thanks. But I wonder why anyone would just want visitors, period. Don't you want them to do something while they're there? Sign up for a newsletter, request info, download a white paper, buy something, etc.? Even if you just want traffic for traffic's sake ... to build up your stats to sell banner ads for example ... you'd still want to know if the money you're investing in adwords is paying for itself (iow it's less than what you're earning in banner ad sales).

So I would add that before you set up the account, you should set up a landing page URL for your ad. One that's not linked from anywhere else in your site nor do you promote it anywhere else. The content should be about the keywords you're bidding on, of course. That's the URL you tell google clicks should be sent to.

That way after the *second* day or week or month or whatever, you can tell from your stats which hits are due to the google ad and which are due to everything else. You can track your ROI (especially if the landing page has something for them to buy or start the buying process on. You can figure out a cost per sale.)

Also after you get into it, most AdWords (and Overture) customers immediately follow by testing. They set up 2 ads and have each go to a slightly diff. landing page. Or they test different keywords or ad language against the same landing page. Etc. Fine tuning to get the most bang for their buck.

AM
    Firstly thanks to the author for this lovely tutorial, i appriciate it very much.

amarie, You also have given a good point, this is good thing to do to give a seprate page to reach for the ads given in adwords, so we can actualy know what traffic come from those ads and thru our advance site stats can also see what are fake and what are not. As you said we can give specific data to these pages and give link to all other pages we have and surely this landing page must be a kind of page to attact visitors to buy anything and to start the process.

once again thanks cpureview, amarie for the post.
    Vikas Madaan, Founder & CEO
    Zones Web Solution http://www.zones.in
    Web Hosting, Domain Registration, Private Label Reseller for both Domains and Hosting and 100+ International Domains Available for Registration
      0 Not allowed!

i havent tried using adwords yet. I just started to trying to submit my site to the search engine. It has been one week and I still do not see my site listed. Anyone has any idea why is has not been listed? How long does it take?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by webserver4life
    i havent tried using adwords yet. I just started to trying to submit my site to the search engine. It has been one week and I still do not see my site listed. Anyone has any idea why is has not been listed? How long does it take?
    It depends on the search engine when it schedule to crawl the sites again, if you are adding site in google then try adding 2-3 times or more as it is not guranteed by them also that they will crawl your site.

See in your Stats like Awstats when google or any other search engine bot camr to your site.
    Vikas Madaan, Founder & CEO
    Zones Web Solution http://www.zones.in
    Web Hosting, Domain Registration, Private Label Reseller for both Domains and Hosting and 100+ International Domains Available for Registration
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12