Hybrid View

Looking for the Cheapest server around

Well I've been looking for what I can only describe as a dirt cheap Dedicated Server. I only need it for hosting a couple of IRC bots and a few web pages that

won't get much traffic (and it has to be windows). I know a VPS might be a better option, but it's been a pain to find one that allows IRC, so i figured I might

as well step up a bit and go ahead with a dedicated for a few more dollars (however if you can find an inexpensive VPS that allows IRC, I'd be happy to go with

that too). Does anyone have a recommendations? I've been looking at corenetworks and so far it looks like the best deal around.

Have you checked out FDCServers? If you're only shopping based on price and allowed IRC bots, I'd check them out. They allow IRC last time I checked.

http://www.fdcservers.net/Services/V...dicatedServers

Quote Originally Posted by CArmstrong View Post
    Have you checked out FDCServers? If you're only shopping based on price and allowed IRC bots, I'd check them out. They allow IRC last time I checked.

Unfortunately, corenetworks still has a better plan (I'd link to it but I have to have five posts):

» Intel 2.6GHz Processor
    » 512MB RAM
    » 80GB Hard Drive
    » 1,000 GB Transfer
    » Remote Power access

All for only $24.99/mo, with the option to install your own OS (which is quite handy), and two IP addresses.

You get a full dedicated server for $24.99/mo? That seems way too good to be true....

Quote Originally Posted by CArmstrong View Post
    You get a full dedicated server for $24.99/mo? That seems way too good to be true....
    It's not. CN has a good rep here, too.
    AS395558

Last I checked, corenetworks wasn't accepting new orders?

http://corenetworks.net/dedicated/

Quote Originally Posted by layer0 View Post
    Last I checked, corenetworks wasn't accepting new orders?
    I'm willing to wait if I can't find a better deal, this isn't extremely time sensitive. That's one of the main reasons I'm asking here, to see if there is a similarly priced alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by CArmstrong
    I've actually used one, and although they're only on a 10mbit line, they are very much a full dedicated server. I don't know how they do it, but they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Manacit View Post
    I'm willing to wait if I can't find a better deal, this isn't extremely time sensitive.
    CoreNetworks hasn't accepted new orders for at least 6-7 months now, FYI.

I've had a server there since November and those guys are great, but I don't think the quantities are exactly unlimited at those prices.
    Eric Spaeth
    Enterprise Network Engineer :: Hosting Hobbyist :: Master of Procrastination
    "The really cool thing about facts is they remain true regardless of who states them."