Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Well I hope Sean is okay and gets himself sorted out. Its a shame to see SpeedySparrow get sold off but I'm sure the clients will be well looked after and if not they will simply find another host.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    Maybe the reason because he's like in $5,000 debit might of cause some of the reasoning?
    How did that happen cd?
      0 Not allowed!

Yes keep in mind that these aren't unsolicited mails, you registered an account w them, then they sent you these mails.

But if you did not, then there should be a big issue about this. However i dont see anything wrong with the mails.

Just my honest opinion.
    Epidrive Webhosting Solutions - Premium Quality Hosting Made Affordable
    Berry Servers - The Most Affordable VPS Servers
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Simple3x View Post
    Yes keep in mind that these aren't unsolicited mails, you registered an account w them, then they sent you these mails.

But if you did not, then there should be a big issue about this. However i dont see anything wrong with the mails.

Just my honest opinion.
    You didn't read the entire thread. That makes me a sad panda.

He used to be a customer, no longer a customer.

The company is too lazy to click 'Active Clients' only when sending out emails so everybody gets them (current and ex-customers).

It's very unprofessional.
      0 Not allowed!

You have choices.

1. Contact them asking to remove you from email list.
    2. Block the sending domain in your email client or at the ISP level.
    3. Whine about it on WHT.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    These are all emails received within the past 7 days.
    Your subject states "+ is WHMCS spamming?"
    How is this "WHMCS" spamming, assuming you mean the company?
    Your one stop shop for decentralization
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TravisT-[SSS] View Post
    but, but, but we have cookies!
    COOKIES? Why didn't you tell me that earlier? I'm signing up for corporate membership right now. I love me some cookies.

Nah. I'm not signing up for corporate membership just yet. I might down the road though.

And if I do, there better still be some cookies available for me. lol

Chad
    Webmasterbabble.com Webmaster Forum
    Come join us at webmasterbabble.com
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
    You have choices.

1. Contact them asking to remove you from email list.
    2. Block the sending domain in your email client or at the ISP level.
    3. Whine about it on WHT.
    #3 seems to be the best idea for him
      0 Not allowed!

Just my honest opinion.
    It really depends on their TOS when you signup. If you register without any mention of a mailing list (or a way to opt out) it's most certaintly UCE. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

Why on earth would you e-mail former customers these things anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by LevelHosting Inc View Post
    $5,000 is zilch in this business. I was under the notion that SS was a reasonable sized small provider and such costs should be recovered after 2-3years of operation unless they had a petite client base.
    They were small.
    Cody R.
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly Serving websites since 2004.
    Official Let's Encrypt Sponsor
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by stablehost View Post

The company is too lazy to click 'Active Clients' only when sending out emails so everybody gets them (current and ex-customers).

Precisely.

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    "Is WHCMS being used as a tool for spamming" was too long.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||
      0 Not allowed!

That definitely explains why I haven't seen anyone from Speedy Sparrow around here for quite a while.
    SimpleSonic - We Make Fast... Easy!
    US/UK/MY - 100% Uptime - Shared - Reseller - cPanel - DirectAdmin - WHMCS Included!
    Blazing Fast NVMe SSD - CloudLinux - Imunify360 - LiteSpeed - MailChannels - JetBackup
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Hi bear!

What's your involvement in WHMCS? I noticed you are also a mod on their forums and you seem to popup on most of the WHMCS threads.
      0 Not allowed!

I worked at SS for over a year... I wasn't notified about this and you were? I don't work there anymore, but some sort of notice would've been cool.

I found out because my father once hosted his website there and he got this email from them.
    My personal blog -- rubiverse.net
      0 Not allowed!

Here is another side of story. Some customers leave due to the fact that service is great but suppoty is crappy, so when buyout happens (like if you buy some crappy host from here), ex clients might comeback since stablehost is running the show now and still maintains the dirt cheap cost + good quality.

Personally, I won't do that but remember seeing signs on local restourants saying "under new management"? It works the same way
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by webhosting-land Chad View Post
    COOKIES? Why didn't you tell me that earlier? I'm signing up for corporate membership right now. I love me some cookies.

Nah. I'm not signing up for corporate membership just yet. I might down the road though.

And if I do, there better still be some cookies available for me. lol

Chad
    Those cookies have mold in em. You better off buying Oreo or Chip' ahoy for 5$
      0 Not allowed!

Fact remains ; still not an unsolicited mail since youre the one who signed up an account w the helpdesk panel. And by signing up you know that email notifications is a part of it.

Edit: its just like signing up in a forum, inactive or not they still send you forum updates to keep you updated. In this case -- a helpdesk. Idk, just my pov. Oh, and sad pandas are cute, i see no prob ;]
    Last edited by brysonems; 04-07-2013 at 02:50 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Fact remains ; still not an unsolicited mail.
    What are you blabbing about? It is not unsolicited email. You at one point, was their customer and gave them the right to send you email. If you don't want to receive any more email from them, contact said provider and get your account closed or deleted (depending on company policy).

While we for one don't send any email to inactive accounts, some providers tend to export email addresses and use 3rd party services so there is a strong possibility that inactive accounts stays with provider. Ask them to remove and if they don't then it is spamming, otherwise, it is an honest mistake.

Edit : Ehh, read wrong . My eyes are tired.
      0 Not allowed!

Fact remains ; still not an unsolicited mail since youre the one who signed up an account w the helpdesk panel. And by signing up you know that email notifications is a part of it.
    No, it's unsolicited mail. My relationship with them has ended. That's the legal definition.
    I should not have to remind or request a company to not spam me.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||
      0 Not allowed!

No, it's unsolicited mail. My relationship with them has ended.
    I should not have to remind a company to not spam me.
    Kp, you have been in this industry for long enough mate and you know how thing works . Just ask the provider to remove you from mailing list and all is well
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SeriesN View Post
    Kp, you have been in this industry for long enough mate and you know how thing works . Just ask the provider to remove you from mailing list and all is well
    That's sort of my point with the whole thread. If you're a small provider, stop doing this. Large ones don't. As much as I have against large companies like EIG/Godaddy/1&1/etc, this is one area where they do things right. And so should others.

It's the amateur "host" operations that are doing this, and they need to stop.

Sure, I can request it one by one, even if I shouldn't have to, but it ridiculous when so many are doing it. Consider this a mass notification to the whole community: STOP!

Be prepared to be named-and-shamed if you don't.

For as much as some providers talk a big game about spam, they don't seem to know what it is. Well, this is spam! If I report it as such, imagine what others are doing. Do you really want dirty IPs, a bad reputation, and possible blacklisting?
    || Need a good host?
    ||
      0 Not allowed!

That's sort of my point with the whole thread. If you're a small provider, stop doing this. Large ones don't. As much as I have against large companies like EIG/Godaddy/1&1/etc, this is one area where they do things right. And so should others.

It's the amateur "host" operations that are doing this, and they need to stop.

Sure, I can request it one by one, even if I shouldn't have to, but it ridiculous when so many are doing it. Consider this a mass notification to the whole community: STOP!

Be prepared to be named-and-shamed if you don't.

For as much as some providers talk a big game about spam, they don't seem to know what it is. Well, this is spam! If I report it as such, imagine what others are doing. Do you really want dirty IPs, a bad reputation, and possible blacklisting?
    Part of being a small or new provider, you learn and move forward. The sad part is most provider don't look at things from users prospective and this is the reason a lot of them fails (Business 101). Being Pro-active is great, being reactive is good but being inactive is terrible .

Eig don't need to spam, their affilates does it for 'em .
      0 Not allowed!

Edit: its just like signing up in a forum, inactive or not they still send you forum updates to keep you updated. In this case -- a helpdesk. Idk, just my pov. Oh, and sad pandas are cute, i see no prob ;]
    No, it's unsolicited mail. My relationship with them has ended. That's the legal definition.
    I should not have to remind or request a company to not spam me.
    Why does my bank still send me email letters if i already had my account closed 3 yrs before? -- Unsolicited?
    ..Lets not run examples here.

And why wouldn't you care about the latest acquisition of that co. (Reported mail content)? You used to be a client after all, at least it can, in some way tingle your interest, maybe just a bit?

I dont find these mails to be marked as spam, just imho and pov.
    Last edited by brysonems; 04-07-2013 at 03:08 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SeriesN View Post
    . The sad part is most provider don't look at things from users prospective and this is the reason a lot of them fails (Business 101).
    @Kpmedia : One solution for this issue is to implement "unsubscribe link" in every marketing and other mails send from hosting companies . As per my knowledge and whmcs blogs , whmcs soon going to implement same feature (unsubscribe link in every new mail from hosting companies using whmcs as billing system) in new versions so it may solve issue for both client side and company side .

Hope this info will help .
    Fastest . Reliable . Affordable Web Hosting by MNCHOST.COM

█ Shared | Business | Reseller : 1.Litespeed 2.Cpanel 3.Pure SSDs 4.US Support 5.Hourly Backups
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers | Premium Bandwidth | New SSD-US Servers
      0 Not allowed!

Why does my bank still send me email letters if i already had my account closed 3 yrs before? -- Unsolicited?
    Yes, unsolicited.

And why wouldn't you care about the latest acquisition of that co.? You used to be a client after all, at least it can, in some way, tingle your interest, maybe just a bit?
    It's my prerogative whether I care or not, and to sign up for newsletter updates or not. That doesn't give others the right to spam, just because we had dealings once years ago.

What's truly irritating is when you don't remember what password it was, what email account, etc, because its been years since you used the account. It's an inactive account.

Imagine all the bounces you'll get from sending to now-dead boxes, by sending to expired customers. That gets you blacklisted, too, at the large freemail providers like Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc.

Again, this is ridiculous for hosts to send spam. The negatives for you are many.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnchost View Post
    @Kpmedia : One solution for this issue is to implement "unsubscribe link" in every marketing and other mails send from hosting companies . As per my knowledge and whmcs blogs , whmcs soon going to implement same feature (unsubscribe link in every new mail from hosting companies using whmcs as billing system) in new versions so it may solve issue for both client side and company side .

Hope this info will help .
    Nice.
    || Need a good host?
    ||
      0 Not allowed!

This is not spam. you are either overreacting or trying to cause problems for the companies involved.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast