Free Incoming Bandwidth in Dallas?

Hello,

Are there any bandwidth or hosting providers in Dallas that offer free incoming bandwidth? We are getting a transport Gig-E line back to Dallas from a small town that needs internet services primarily for residential download use. We understand that most providers have lots of outgoing bandwidth customers and few incoming bandwidth customers, so we are looking for a provider that would only charge us for outgoing bandwidth. More than likely this Gig-E transport line would go back to 2323 Bryan St.

You might want to contact dedicated server providers in the area, as they probably have more outbound traffic. I don't know of any in 2323 Bryan St. Can you hook up to 400 S Akard St (Databank) or the Infomart? Databank is down town near Bryan St.
    Jason Canady • Unlimited Net, LLC
    812.669.0551 • sales [at] unlimitednet.us
    Midwest Hosting Solutions • AS11990
    Dedicated Server Hosting

Hello Kyle - it's not uncommon for bandwidth providers to offer better rates on inbound network traffic but I think you might be going about this in the wrong way. I would suggest you get a list of colo or hosting providers that offer a multi-homed network solution at 2323 Bryan St that can sell you a cross connect. Chances are nobody is going to "give" you free incoming bandwidth, but you can see if there is a provider there that will offer a GigE in and 100Mbps out. You more than likely will have to commit to something as opposed to charging for what you use.
    Dan Buyer
    InfoRelay - Connected, Protected, Perfected.
    Equinix LAX & DC, One Wilshire, Wilshire Annex, MPT, VE, 1275K, Reston Exchange, Reston Equinix, 60 Hudson, NYC, and Chicago
    www.inforelay.com

Dan,

Thank you for the suggestion. Does anyone know where I can find a list of colo and hosting providers that are in 2323 Bryan St? Would another datacenter in Dallas be better suited for this opportunity?

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLC23 View Post
    Dan,

Thank you for the suggestion. Does anyone know where I can find a list of colo and hosting providers that are in 2323 Bryan St? Would another datacenter in Dallas be better suited for this opportunity?
    It all depends. The pricing of cross connects vary data center to data center. You are going to need to colocate a router or some type of network device yourself at one of these data centers for the GigE handoff, or metro ethernet.

I would recommend you contact Bob with Quote Colo for space for your router and the bandwidth, and for a fiber cross connect to the provider that is selling you the GigE handoff back to your town. You will have about 3-10 providers all contact you within the next 24-48 hours.
    Dan Buyer
    InfoRelay - Connected, Protected, Perfected.
    Equinix LAX & DC, One Wilshire, Wilshire Annex, MPT, VE, 1275K, Reston Exchange, Reston Equinix, 60 Hudson, NYC, and Chicago
    www.inforelay.com

I've heard of deals structured where eyeball traffic is sold at substantially reduced rates, typically with some sort of inut ratio that needs to be maintained. Also, do not under-estimate the bandwidth needs for all of the likely P2P traffic you likely end up having going on your link
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLC23 View Post
    Dan,

Kyle,

Give www.datacentermap.com a look. That should give you the information you need for Bryan St.
    E Solutions by WOW! Business
    Collocation, DR, VMWare Hosting in our Data Centers
    SSAE-16 Type II Certified with locations in Tampa, FL and Columbus, OH
    Call Now! 813-301-2600

Try BandCon, I am fairly certain they would agree to a deal like this.

Yeah, definitely keep an eye on p2p. The last estimates I saw put p2p at 30% of global internet traffic. If you assume that most of the upload is coming from end-user networks rather than seedboxes at datacenters, you could see your upload usage being about 1/3 of your downstream usage, just because of p2p, based on these estimates.
    IOFLOOD.com -- We Love Servers
    Phoenix, AZ Dedicated Servers in under an hour
    ★ Ryzen 9: 7950x3D ★ Dual E5-2680v4 Xeon ★
    Contact Us: sales@ioflood.com