List Of Reseller Hosting With/Without Enduser Support

Anyone have a quick list of reseller hosting with end user support and then an opposite list also?

List like so please:

With End User Suporrt:
    Reseller 1
    Reseller 2
    Reseller 3

Without End User Support:
    Reseller 1
    Reseller 2
    Reseller 3

InnoHosting is the only reliable and reputable company that I know of that offers end user support. As for without end user support, pretty much any other reseller.

I think any reseller company can offer you end-user support, the question is what you need to pay for it, some will give you a bargain others might not advertise the option but can offer it as an add-on.

I think you should look for the reseller partner(s) you want to work with, and go from there to see who can deliver what and for which price tag.

Being a reseller is most and for all finding the true partner for your company, they will manage the most important part of your business.

To add to the list, Cartikahosting and Eirca also offer end user support.

Resellers without end user support very common. Just visit the advertising forums and you'll find a good number of them.

I recommend Hostdime and Surpasshosting for fast support, high uptime and rich features.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)

* End user support vs reseller support?

Quote Originally Posted by igxhost View Post
    InnoHosting is the only reliable and reputable company that I know of that offers end user support. As for without end user support, pretty much any other reseller.
    I think you raise a very good point igxhost. Of course a reseller is expected to give the end user support, that is after all what an end user expects, and the whole reason the reseller is entitled to buy bulk services from a hosting company.

The problem is when the hosting company cannot be contacted and the reseller is making a claim to support end users, where you are merely contacting your host for the support, each time they have a problem. Of course the end user does not care where the support comes from as long as the support addresses the issues.

Take for example these, in my personal opinion, useless 24/7 Help Desks that make the end user feel more comfortable, but can't actually do anything, as in the recent case with mirni, when her scripts went bad. I would not count these as serious support.

I think the whole question of exactly what constitutes end user support and what is expected as reseller support, of which the reseller is merely relaying information to the end user. This needs to be first clarified.

To me, it would be a more interesting question if knucklesmcfly were to ask whether the hosting company was offering a serious SLA to resellers rather than some canned response 24/7 Help Desk only able to placate the end user with promises to have an Engineer look into it (the he returns from his day job). I have now found that this is code for one-man operation. Of course this all depends on what is in the SLA and how much the hosting compnay will charge you to support your end users for you.

The further question I would pose is: can we afford to risk our business to part-time hosting companies who rather than offer reseller support, but force resellers and end users alike to use these phoney canned response support desks?

To me, the most important consideration with a host is whether the compnay is operated and staffed full time with support people who have access to the reseller's space (which in turn implies whether the end user can be supported by the host).

Does anyone agree or disagree that these issues need to be resolved before we can talk about SLA end user or reseller support?

I don't think that it's expected that a reseller host would support it's resellers' users. An add-on maybe, a free service for some, but that would create a huge infrastructure internally to be able to support that. If a company had 50 resellers and each of the resellers had 50 end-users, that's potentially 2500 tickets that could come in.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.™
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by HostYourIdea View Post

To me, it would be a more interesting question if knucklesmcfly were to ask whether the hosting company was offering a serious SLA to resellers rather than some canned response 24/7 Help Desk only able to placate the end user with promises to have an Engineer look into it (the he returns from his day job). I have now found that this is code for one-man operation. Of course this all depends on what is in the SLA and how much the hosting compnay will charge you to support your end users for you.
    This seems more like burdening a legitimate company with unnecessary procedures just to ensure they arent a part time business..

The real answer here is to research a company before purchasing and ensure they are a legitimate top level hosting company, vs a hobby business, etc..

Some whitelabel hosting providers offer actual phone support to reseller end users. Offer actual technicians to answer support tickets (ie the same ones that answer their own support tickets ), etc..

An SLA around support is almost impossible. Some questions can be answered and resolved on the spot, others require some time to resolve, others yet require infrastructure changes that may or may not occur 6 months to 24 months down the road. SLAing support is nearly impossible - and any SLA that is written would accommodate circumstances where senior staff, etc need to be engaged..

I am not against what you are saying, I just do not think an SLA will in any way act to protect a reseller consumer from shoddy white label support practices..
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Quote Originally Posted by cartika-andrew View Post
    This seems more like burdening a legitimate company with unnecessary procedures just to ensure they arent a part time business..

The real answer here is to research a company before purchasing and ensure they are a legitimate top level hosting company, vs a hobby business, etc..

Some whitelabel hosting providers offer actual phone support to reseller end users. Offer actual technicians to answer support tickets (ie the same ones that answer their own support tickets ), etc..

An SLA around support is almost impossible. Some questions can be answered and resolved on the spot, others require some time to resolve, others yet require infrastructure changes that may or may not occur 6 months to 24 months down the road. SLAing support is nearly impossible - and any SLA that is written would accommodate circumstances where senior staff, etc need to be engaged..

I am not against what you are saying, I just do not think an SLA will in any way act to protect a reseller consumer from shoddy white label support practices..
    mind posting a link to who provides phone support?

Oh yeah and i need to put a good word in for cartika hosting. a great host amazing support and have nothing bad to say
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeden View Post
    mind posting a link to who provides phone support?
    I know we do -

others would be

- mosso
    - hostopia
    - fasthosts

Microsoft offers a specialized hosting service as well in a white label capacity and seems to offer end user phone support for it

http://www.microsoft.com/hosting/cat...9-14f8e661daca

Oh yeah and i need to put a good word in for cartika hosting. a great host amazing support and have nothing bad to say
    hey, thanks for the kind words
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Weeding out parttime hosts

Quote Originally Posted by cartika-andrew View Post
    Well it is quite difficult to tell whether they are a registerered business operating part time, and filling in their absence with white label support practices. Or whether they are a committed full business with their own support.

Disagreement is healthy :-) The web is great for being able to paint a picture of a large organisation. If a reseller has an urgent issue you either have to deal with these useless white label support desks or wait for the partime business owner to get home from the day job.

If the SLA burdens the business then suggest a way to weed out the parttimers that create an impression of being a large organisation?

Over to you.

Beachcomber has a sticky ad in "reseller hosting offers" offering end-user support.
    Sneaky Little Hobbitses

Quote Originally Posted by HostYourIdea View Post
    Well it is quite difficult to tell whether they are a registerered business operating part time, and filling in their absence with white label support practices. Or whether they are a committed full business with their own support.
    This is where we disagree - I think it is easy to find out..

Disagreement is healthy :-)
    of course - no issue with a healthy and worthwhile discussion..

The web is great for being able to paint a picture of a large organisation. If a reseller has an urgent issue you either have to deal with these useless white label support desks or wait for the partime business owner to get home from the day job.
    now this depends on who the upstream is correct.. I would hope our resellers would paint a much different picture of our whitelabel support desk..

end of the day, a good company is a good company.. many resellers run absolutely SOLID businesses and provide a model that an upstream simply cannot support.. lets say specialized application support, or website design services they may offer, etc, etc, etc...

If the SLA burdens the business then suggest a way to weed out the parttimers that create an impression of being a large organisation?
    the real issue is that a support SLA needs to be so vague that it wont do anything to differentiate between a reseller and a root level provider..

Over to you.
    the answer here is research.. the internet enables alot of things - it enables providers and companies to present themselves however they like, but, it also enables consumers to research to levels that were never previously attainable...

Find out how a company operates, research a company you are interested in working with, look for things on their website that actually shows you how large they are, etc, etc, etc..

There is zero substitute for research unfortunately... no one is going to force a company to put - hey, we are a reseller on their website - and although I like your thinking - a support SLA wont help differentiate anything either..

sorry for sounding like a broken record - but, research, research research its the only viable answer
    www.cartika.com

Quote Originally Posted by CD Burnt View Post
    Beachcomber has a sticky ad in "reseller hosting offers" offering end-user support.
    yes, my mistake - I knew I was missing one - how could I forget about beachcomber

Innohosting as well, I am just not sure if they offer phone support or not..
    www.cartika.com

If it's keeping the cost down providing my own user support should not be a problem. Unless my reselling exploded and I had thousands of customers.

* With or without enduser support

Wow, lots of good stuff here! I think resellers should cover 'Level I' support for their users and avoid the host-provided support. Some issues are of course too big to tackle, but many are too small to go through the host-provided support to waste time with. As a reseller, I think it's your ability to address some of those smaller issues more quickly that'll give you the edge.

It's nice to have the option to pay a premium to jump the queue and get your issue resolved immediately, too. It's a good safety net. Not sure how common that is, but know that Superb.net does that for sure... and you can call Superb and deal with techs by phone, too.

A support SLA would be great, but I think in many cases you're stuck with canned responses, especially since there are so many variables involved with support.

I agree. Level1 and level2 support issues should be handled by the reseller as they are quickly resolved. Level3 stuff sometimes can be handled by the reseller but most likely will need full ssh access to rectify.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.™
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

The problem with jumping in and trying to do too much yourself and biting off more than you can chew is it can eat away so much time! You can get lost in something for hours that was minutes worth of (experienced) tech work... hehe, I guess there's no guarantee the tech you get working on it will be any better though!

You could also look into one of the many godaddy reseller resellers out there. Most people undercut godaddy's prices and they allow you to offer whatever you want. examples would be infinityreseller