Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* Premium Shared hosting providers

I just have a simple question. What are some premium shared hosting providers? I am currently using dreamhost, although I am happy with them, I have experienced some outages lately with my email. Their support is good but is very slow at times. I feel that it is more on the budget webhosting side. I got a deal through lifehacker for $20 for the first year.

Can someone recomend me a shared hosting provider with fast servers and support. I would also want the server to be located in the possibly atlanta/dallas/houston or the east coast.

Unlimited domains and sql databases would also be nice, either that or be able to host a lot of them. Space in the the range of 35 to 50 gigs. And somewhere around 500 to 1000 gigs of bandwidth.

I have had reseller accounts with hostdime and innohosting and loved them both, but not shared. Are there other good providers?

I believe HostDime also runs SurpassHosting... I have no experience with them though - you'll have to look into it.

Pretty much I don't mind paying more for excellent service and speed.

SurpassHosting is indeed a sister company of ours with HostDime having a few extra features and freebies than SH, thus the slight difference in price. Thanks for your consideration and let me know if you have any more questions

Cool thanks! I didn't realize surpasshosting was connected to hostdime!

Although if you're looking for the premium product lines, I wouldn't look at Surpass. I'm not saying anything critical about them - simply picking up what has already been said: they are the sibling of HostDime, and HostDime is priced higher because (in some respects) it's more feature-rich. So HostDime themselves would be the more premium option of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by mild0d View Post
    I just have a simple question. What are some premium shared hosting providers? I am currently using dreamhost, although I am happy with them, I have experienced some outages lately with my email.
    What kind of outages did you experience? If you require robust email services shared hosting is probably not your first choice.

My budget is around 20 to 30 dollars a month.

Unlimited domains and sql databases would also be nice, either that or be able to host a lot of them. Space in the the range of 35 to 50 gigs. And somewhere around 500 to 1000 gigs of bandwidth.
    Well keep in mind that there is no such thing as unlimited. End of the day its going to come down to usage and your probably going to want to stay away from Add-on domain names (if you are looking to host a large amount of websites).

Sounds to me like you are falling more into a higher end reseller account or possibly a managed VPS, however that might end up falling outside of the budget you are looking for.

Question is - do you actually need all of that space and are actually pushing close to 1TB in monthly bandwidth? That's technically quite a lot (even if some shared hosting accounts 'offer' that much - I don't think they're really expecting you to use all of those resources).

Your first thought, must be the backup system of your hosting, is very important!

Dreamhost isn't at all premium.
    What you need is a premium host -- LiquidWeb, EuroVPS, the Stablehost enterprise plan.

You seem to be leaving shared hosting entirely. Congrats! You're site/business is growing! Time to upgrade to VPS.

Ok, so I looked at my bandwidth usage, it is pretty low. It was just a stupid assumption that I would need that much. I probably would feel comfortable in the range of 120 - 300 gigs per a month.

I am looking @ the shared hosting plans @ liquidweb and stable host. Are there any others like these?

I do web development part time and I am about to get a few new customers. I just don't feel comfortable leaving their sites on dreamhost, although I have not had many issues, when I do have an issue, I don't want to wait an hour for chat support to pickup.

Also, one of these customers needs email and I don't think they really need google apps email or office 365, they just need some stable imap email.

Are there any others like these?
    Hosting 4 Less (not sure if they offer IMAP)
    pair Networks

See http://news.netcraft.com/archives/20...june-2014.html. July numbers should be out in a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by layer0 View Post
    Question is - do you actually need all of that space and are actually pushing close to 1TB in monthly bandwidth? That's technically quite a lot (even if some shared hosting accounts 'offer' that much - I don't think they're really expecting you to use all of those resources).
    Agreed.

@OP: As you've found out, your bandwidth usage is pretty low which is actually very normal. What about your disk space usage? Do you really need to use 35 to 50GB of space?

Most premium providers nowadays use SSD in their servers and these drives don't come cheap. If someone offers you a lot of SSD space for very little money, they are either not a premium provider, they oversell their space or both.

Ok, so I looked at my bandwidth usage, it is pretty low. It was just a stupid assumption that I would need that much. I probably would feel comfortable in the range of 120 - 300 gigs per a month.

I am looking @ the shared hosting plans @ liquidweb and stable host. Are there any others like these?

I do web development part time and I am about to get a few new customers. I just don't feel comfortable leaving their sites on dreamhost, although I have not had many issues, when I do have an issue, I don't want to wait an hour for chat support to pickup.

Also, one of these customers needs email and I don't think they really need google apps email or office 365, they just need some stable imap email.
    Have you considered a resellers account which gives you more control over multiple domains? You don't have to "resell" anything. You get a bucket of resources and using WHM (web host manager) allocate disk/bandwidth/email to each domain. It's wonderful.

LiquidWeb has a solid reputation for VPS and dedicated servers, although they also offer shared hosting - it's overpriced in my not so humble opinion. They don't appear to offer reseller hosting anymore but I could be wrong. They've been in business for a long time and offer phone support.

StableHost has a solid and well deserved reputation. During my short time there, I was happy with the servers/speed/uptime, rarely ever contacted support. I plan on signing up again during BlackFriday 2014 assuming they bring back that crazy special.

As for suggestions, I would search for reviews of MDDHosting.com. They used to offer 25% off coupons, you may want to contact their sales department and see if/what they can offer?

Oh gosh - Deramhost - they are one of the worst hosting services provider who don't respect DMCA notice and hosted ton of scarp sites. Try Hostdime - fast customer support via live chat and phone call with best hosting services in its class.

Quote Originally Posted by kumarak View Post
    Oh gosh - Deramhost - they are one of the worst hosting services provider who don't respect DMCA notice and hosted ton of scarp sites..
    this is my thoughts too,

have you thought about reseller hosting if you want unlimited domains, it might be better.

OK, well I decided to go back to innohosting. I had a reseller account with them before I got suckered the $20 year deal on lifehacker for dreamhost.

Anyway, Is this normal? I placed an order last night around 10pm central time with innohosting for the second level reseller account. It is 3:30pm my time and the account is still in pending and has not been activated yet. I talked to the support staff and they said to put in a ticket with billing which I did this morning and I haven't heard anything yet.

They are very slow in answering, and seting up an account. But they have quality service with good uptime, and pretty good rip off policy...

I just have a simple question. What are some premium shared hosting providers? I am currently using dreamhost, although I am happy with them, I have experienced some outages lately with my email. Their support is good but is very slow at times. I feel that it is more on the budget webhosting side. I got a deal through lifehacker for $20 for the first year.

Can someone recomend me a shared hosting provider with fast servers and support. I would also want the server to be located in the possibly atlanta/dallas/houston or the east coast.

I have had reseller accounts with hostdime and innohosting and loved them both, but not shared. Are there other good providers?
    If you want "premium" email service, move off of shared hosting altogether. Go to rackspace or something.

I had nothing but problems with dreamhost when i was with them.

But there really is no distinct "premium" category when it comes to commodity shared web hosting. Just some providers that are good, and some that are bad.

OK, well I decided to go back to innohosting. I had a reseller account with them before I got suckered the $20 year deal on lifehacker for dreamhost.

Anyway, Is this normal? I placed an order last night around 10pm central time with innohosting for the second level reseller account. It is 3:30pm my time and the account is still in pending and has not been activated yet. I talked to the support staff and they said to put in a ticket with billing which I did this morning and I haven't heard anything yet.
    It is probably due to fraud checks. It can take anywhere from a few minutes to a day.

Basically they use ssd drives and raid 10 etc, premium is like the word cloud hosting it can be misinterpreted sometimes.

$20 for a premium host with 50gb. I don't think that would be possible, to me that is more looking at oversold servers than dedicated resources. It is possible but they're budget only sites.

If you were going to go premium at least $35-$90 would be required. (In my eyes) especially if you're wanting a lot of domains and databases on there.

$20 isn't premium at all especially for a year (from dreamhost)

lol well I never considered dreamhost a premium service. At 20$ a year it comes out to around 1.66 month. At that rate I am pretty sure their servers are crowded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast