Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Premium reseller account

I have had what was a premium reseller hosting account for the last eight years and now need to move. Would appreciate recommendations on which is the next best company to use. I am looking for a service which offers above average support and has a proven track record.

More information would be helpful:

What is your budget?
    How much space do you need?
    How much bandwidth do you need?
    Any notable requirements? etc

I am looking for a reliable service with the best support possible and am prepared pay a premium for it. I am currently using 8gigs of disc space and have more bandwidth than I need.

Quote Originally Posted by forestrun View Post
    I am looking for a reliable service with the best support possible and am prepared pay a premium for it. I am currently using 8gigs of disc space and have more bandwidth than I need.
    It is good that you recognize a premium is needed for a good service. Some users fail to recognize this and almost always end up disappointed. That being said, you may want to point out your requirements in terms of disk space, bandwidth and location preferences? For disk space and bandwidth, though you are willing to pay a premium, you wouldn't necessarily want to be overpaying for resources that you won't be using anyway. Location is also an important factor when it comes to loading speed for your end-users.
    HostWithLove.com - World Class Hosting Personalized - 9 Locations Across 4 Continents
    Fully Managed Shared, Reseller, Semi-Dedicated and Dedicated Servers
    cPanel/WHM | CloudLinux | JetBackup | LiteSpeed | MariaDB | SpamExperts Outbound Filtering
    Locations: Dallas, Los Angeles, Miami, Quebec, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, Singapore and Sydney

My clients are all in South Africa.

I am currently using a server in Los Angeles

Why are you leaving your current host if you have been with them for so long? do you have a budget in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by chillipc View Post
    Why are you leaving your current host if you have been with them for so long?
    This is the most important question. What happened that caused your current host's premium status to be past tense for you.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts

Their service is not what it used be. I am concerned that they are losing clients and want to move before I am forced to move. I am looking for a well run operation which charges for the service they provide and which has a proven track record. I think the question I am asking is who are the industry leaders? The established companies who have provided a consistently reliable service over the years.
    Last edited by forestrun; 06-14-2014 at 01:58 AM.

Their service is not what it used be. I am concerned that they are losing clients and want to move before I am forced to move. I am looking for a well run operation which charges for the service they provide and which has a proven track record. I think the question I am asking is who are the industry leaders? The established companies who have provided a consistently reliable service over the years.
    You mention that they are losing clients and that the service isn't how it used to be, but how exactly? Is it due to overloaded servers or frequent downtimes for example? In all honesty, every hosting company is going to cater differently for every individual. With a "industry leader", which you probably mean a larger company with more market share, you may not get as much of a personalized service as you would with a smaller to medium sized company.
    HostWithLove.com - World Class Hosting Personalized - 9 Locations Across 4 Continents
    Fully Managed Shared, Reseller, Semi-Dedicated and Dedicated Servers
    cPanel/WHM | CloudLinux | JetBackup | LiteSpeed | MariaDB | SpamExperts Outbound Filtering
    Locations: Dallas, Los Angeles, Miami, Quebec, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, Singapore and Sydney

There are ongoing server issues and their support has slipped badly. They are a good company but I want to find a better service provider and to start moving.

Quote Originally Posted by HostWithLove_Cody View Post
    With a "industry leader", which you probably mean a larger company with more market share, you may not get as much of a personalized service as you would with a smaller to medium sized company.
    What I need is stability in what is a difficult economy and support that responds positively when there are issues.

Hi,

Apart from the mentioned disk space, do you have any specific bandwidth/memory requirements?

You need Linux or Windows? And your preferred location?

Plus, a budget would be helpful in identifying the premium service you are looking for.
    eUKhost Ltd: eUK Web Hosting | eUK Dedicated Servers | eNlight Cloud Hosting
    "13 YEARS of Web Hosting Excellence"
    Fully Managed Service with 30 day money back guarantee on all our Services

I guess what you are more concern about is end user support, what SLA are you expecting for end use support? can you specify more details, are you also expecting live chat support for your customers?

I would suggest you avoid the Industry Giants. A growing company Is much more caring & are willing to go an extra mile for you. And The fact that you are from SA Is awesome... Im from TZ and a happy client with hostwithlove Premium reseller. I would highly suggest you give them a try.. you wont be dissapointed
    Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Looking for a Linux server. Not sure which location is best for South Africa but LA has served us OK up till now. And yes I am more concerned about end user support.

Quote Originally Posted by webhostingukcom View Post
    what SLA are you expecting for end use support?
    What is SLA? I would expect the company to offer Live Chat although I generally use the ticket system.

My concern with a growing company is that we are all working in a contracting economy that may or may not be recovering and I don't want to be migrating every six months or so. The company I am with appears to have run out of puff, appears to be losing clients and that is a bad sign.

But I do not want to jump from the frying pan into the fire. I am looking for service, for a proven track record and reliability.

I need an account where I can start with 2gig disc space and upgrade as I shift my clients over. I am currently using Blue Host and Host Monster for what I call workshop sites. But I need a premium service for my paying clients and want the best I can find.

Looking for a Linux server. Not sure which location is best for South Africa but LA has served us OK up till now. And yes I am more concerned about end user support.

What is SLA? I would expect the company to offer Live Chat although I generally use the ticket system.
    SLA is service level agreement. For example you're told you can get 99.9% uptime excluding updates and issues out of their control if you get 99% then you could get 10% off the next invoice etc.

Does thee host have to have Live Chat online 24/7 or can it have set times it can be online & offline?

Do they need to provide support to your clients or will you do that?
    Sapatana.eu ILoveBilling
    120Gbps DDoS Protection on Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, XEN Windows and Linux VPS, Domains, SSL Certificates
    PayPal | BitPay (BitCoin) | UK Bank Transfer | International Bank Transfer

I provide support to my clients. But am looking for a company where this is the exception rather than the rule. I have had excellent service from my current service provider up till now. But I see smoke and want to spread my risk.

I am looking for 99.9% up time and little or no up hill.

I provide support to my clients. But am looking for a company where this is the exception rather than the rule.
    I am looking for 99.9% up time and little or no up hill.
    You might need to go speak to the sales team to see if they offer your clients support. Some will do it and some won't!

The uptime should be easy to hit and reach for any company. Most are hitting 100% monthly etc.
    Sapatana.eu ILoveBilling
    120Gbps DDoS Protection on Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, XEN Windows and Linux VPS, Domains, SSL Certificates
    PayPal | BitPay (BitCoin) | UK Bank Transfer | International Bank Transfer

I look after my clients. I just need a competent 24 hr back up support service.

HostDime might be worth a look. They have a large support team that seems to get the job done quickly. This isn't exactly a recommendation (I've never used HD myself), but judging from WHT they are a good fit for your shortlist.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts

Thx will take a look

Idologic.com is worth taking a look at.

I'm not sure if my uptime has been 99%, hmmn good excuse to submit a support ticket and ask at 11:42 PM Eastern.
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

I have tried many different hosts at different times. They all start off well. But most hit a point when they experience growing pains and it becomes a scramble to move before they fall over.

For this reason I consolidated all my workshop sites on two servers. Companies offering an average to unacceptable service. But which are hopefully too big to fail.

When it comes to my clients I look for two things. I need a consistently reliable service with above average support. I found a host who has provided me the service I require for the last eleven years. But the wheels are wobbling. And I am concerned that top dollar service providers are being squeezed and that service levels are slipping.

Quote Originally Posted by RossMAN View Post
    Idologic.com is worth taking a look at.
    In the case of Idologic.com I am concerned they are overpriced for the service they provide. What makes me wary is the fact they don't see the need to use a content writer to sell their services on their web site. Geeks can run a server and offer a premium support service. But are they running a viable business? It takes more than technical expertise to build a successful business. They need to deliver the best product at the best price and they have to convince prospective clients that they can rely on them to provide the hosting platform to service their long term needs.

Of the two recommended so far I would plumb for HostDime. Although I accept I might well have got it wrong.
    Last edited by forestrun; 06-22-2014 at 07:00 AM.

We have used HostDime for 5 - 6 years, about 5 years ago. We moved because we wanted our servers to be located in the mid-west of the USA. Using Eleven2 for over 5 years was great until about 1 year ago when {I guess} overloading servers and changing to LightSpeed started causing all kinds of serer issues, outages, slowness issues and more. So we too are at the same point you are.

We just wonder how [for the money] RackSpace is. Anyone know? And if HostDime is listening they really need to open up some additional servers in other areas for sure!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast