Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifat View Post
    Reduce the number of images where possible: Most common causes of slow web pages are images, but they are also the easiest to fix. Try to eliminate repeat and unnecessary images, so they are not downloaded the second time. And also try not to use images for words, unless it's absolutely necessary reason being the download time and also they can't be searched.
    I couldn't agree more. Using sprites for images help a lot since only 1 image is being loaded by the browser but multiple are shown. I use sprites for icons wherever possible.

The #1 way to make sites download faster is to properly size then compress your graphics.

#2 is to compress the files prior to transmission. You can easily do this using either of these methods:
    If your hosting provider has mod_gzip module enabled, add the following lines to your .htaccess file:

<ifModule mod_gzip.c>
    mod_gzip_on Yes
    mod_gzip_dechunk Yes
    mod_gzip_item_include file \.(html?|txt|css|js|php|pl)$
    mod_gzip_item_include handler ^cgi-script$
    mod_gzip_item_include mime ^text/.*
    mod_gzip_item_include mime ^application/x-javascript.*
    mod_gzip_item_exclude mime ^image/.*
    mod_gzip_item_exclude rspheader ^Content-Encoding:.*gzip.*
    </ifModule>

If your provider doesn’t have gzip module enabled, you can add the following line instead:

php_value output_handler ob_gzhandler

#3 Caching will save certain files locally for later use, eliminating the need to download them from the server. There are many ways to accomplish this, too many for this post. HOWEVER, if you use cPanel, under SOFTWARE SERVICES>OPTIMIZE WEBSITE you can turn it on automatically for your site. Easy!

There are some great tips in this thread. As always, try the easiest and most productive first and save your backups just in case!
    -----------------------------------
    AmeriWeb Hosting
    One Stop Business Solutions
    AmeriWeb Hosting

Hi there,

In this competitive web development environment it’s important for developers to create a performance driven website which loads faster and even helps in bandwidth savage as well. Recently when I was searching on Google to find the best ways to increase the speed of my website, I came across a great tutorial at Simplewebsitetutorials.com. It suggest that we have to reduce the number of HTTP request and try to incorporate expires or cache control header. Well there are some other good tips too. Pay them a visit, you will definitely get what you are looking for.

I switched back to static sites, no-backends utilizing html5 responsive templates for compatiblility with multiple devices.

I limit robots/spiders crawling on the site. I switched to nginx from apache.

So far it gaved me significant results with the performance and loadtimes.

That depends on some aspect you are willing to let go.

very good information's, that did actually help, websites can take lot of time loading,But usually it depends on the server connection, how many visitors are using that site, and where that site is hosted.Anyway thank's for the post

I've used Cache'ing pluging that have had a good effect on load times on my sites.

I like these ways of speed up my website and hope it works for me.I would like to share it with others also.

Very informative. Thank you for sharing. I'm going to try this tips and see if this will work for my website.
    EmailHosting.com
    http://www.emailhosting.com

The tips for speed up its definided by server processor and mostly the network uplink.But anyway this is good.Cloudflare is good also

Site speed is becoming more and more important.

I've used CloudFlare. It's a pretty neat tool. I've haven't really had any issues yet. They also provide some pretty neat (and accurate) analytic for free.

Also, If you afford then try MaxCDN.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234