Thread: Phisher warning

Phisher warning

Just a heads-up...

Had a signup via 2CheckOut today, for email service from someone who clicked through from one of our posts here on WHT. 2CO flagged it as a high-risk transaction, and when we looked at the order closely, the user's email was "admin@paypai.net". The given address was in Massachusetts, while the IP was 80.97.176.192, which sure looks like Romania to me. Their phone number given was correct for the name on the card - an established architect in Mississippi. Doh. 2CO wound up approving the transaction pretty quickly, but we refunded and cancelled it, as it seemed too risky, especially once you check out http://www.paypai.net.

Since he/she/it came through WHT, thought I'd mention it, just in case anyone else sees this. I'm undecided as to whether the IP is spoofed, or if the card + # are stolen, but either way don't want anything to do with it.
    redpin.com - offering amazingly competent email, dns, and web hosting since 2002... because someone has to!
    Because Simple Things Should Be Simple - YouCANHasDNS

Excellent catch there, thank you for the heads up.
    Freckle Face
    http://frecklefacehosting.com

I just sent a fraud report to paypal with that info, hopefully it'll get his site shut down.
    Webmaster Forum • webmastertalk.net • Webmaster Community Forum
    Website Tools • domainfocus.com • Webmaster Tools | IP Lookup | Domain Whois | PageRank Checker | HTTP Header Info | Link Analysis | Favicon Generator

Nice geocities add on the right of the page! LOL.

People like him frustrate me! Hopefully they can track him down.
    -- Matthew

I just went to the site now and its unavailable so I think they might have shut him down already lol