Can Spam Act of 2003

Are there any hosts out there that are willing to offer a reseller package that allows the client to offer WebHosting to Mailers that comply and abide by the Can Spam Act of 2003?

If you're not aware of the act, please view it here.

well its 2004 now

It was passed by the senate November 25th, 2003. It went in effect January 1st, 2004.

Money is money, qube.

If it's legal, then why not?
    Get it at work!
    LT in the Midday, 10a-3p
    Click here

Originally posted by The Pioneer
    Money is money, qube.

If it's legal, then why not?
    But what of spam blacklists? Will the continue to consider "legal" spam, spam? Probably.

Now all of a sudden hosts will pickup clients doing "legal" bulk mailing, and the spam lists say "Hey, 123.45.67.89 is sending "spam" lets add him." A week later you find out you're on every list there is, and none of your legitimate clients can send real e-mail anywhere.

Just my opinion...I'm considering not allowing bulk mailers at all...legal or not.

Well, I'm sure if web hosts don't allow those to spam who are following the Can Spam Act will face legal consequences.

It would be like depriving someone of a right that they have, if they have the right to spam, then a backbone provider should allow it.

And if these spam lists cause a legal bulk mailer from sending it's mailings, then I'm sure they could claim some loss of business.
    Get it at work!
    LT in the Midday, 10a-3p
    Click here

Well, I'm sure if web hosts don't allow those to spam who are following the Can Spam Act will face legal consequences.

It would be like depriving someone of a right that they have, if they have the right to spam, then a backbone provider should allow it.
    I can't say I agree with you here. If a customer doesn't agree to terms put forth in my terms of service, then they shouldn't sign up. It's as simple as that. I'm not denying them of any rights, I'm simply telling them what they can or cannot do through the use of my services. If they don't like that, they're more then welcome to go elsewhere - it's not like they're being forced into signing up. Right?

And if these spam lists cause a legal bulk mailer from sending it's mailings, then I'm sure they could claim some loss of business.
    I do agree here, however. I'm interested to see what happens. We'll see what unfolds before making any decisions about allowing or disallowing bulk mailers...