Question securing virtual site on RaQ4

I'm securing a virtual site on a RaQ4. I'm supposed to remember what the *passphrase* is, but I'm never asked to give one.

Is the *passphrase* the root password? Anybody ever done this before on a RaQ4???

Could you explain what you are trying to do?
    It sounds like you are trying to install a cert via the command line, but I could be completely wrong...
    Blacknight
    ICANN accredited domain registrar

Absolutely...

A site that is on our RaQ4 needs to be secure. So I'm purchasing a secure certificate from thawte.com. Before you purchase the certificate, their site lists some instructions. I've generated the CSR (Certificate Signing Request), which is the first step. The next thing it says to do is:
    Please make sure that you

• have a backup of your private key (no problem here)
    • and that you know the passphrase that protects it
    And there's the thing: the passphrase.

I've been told that I'll need the passphrase to install the certificate. At no point have I been asked for one, so I'm assuming it's going to be the root password for the server. I just want to make sure that I *have* the passphrase in case I need it in the future, and I need to know if it is, in fact, the root password for the server. A friend has installed numerous certificates before, but never on a Cobalt.

Ideas?

I'd advise you contact thawte directly and ask them for RAQ specific instructions.
    The passphrase thing sounds like something you would need and use on a standard Apache build.
    The RAQ control panel has a very simple SSL install routine which doesn't ask for passwords etc.,
    Blacknight
    ICANN accredited domain registrar

Thanks... I figured I'd need to talk to the thawte people eventually

Hello,
    I've done this a couple of times so if you still have questions feel free to ask. SSL certificates can be difficult to install the first time, I had problems with such passphrases too. If you entered no pp when generating the CSR you shouldn't need one, else the Apache server might not reboot so always keep a backup of your http.cong file or be prepared to turn SSL off in it to reboot quickly.