Need better dedicated server host

Hello,

I'm new here and it's a shame that I didn't come here first before signing up with my current dedicated server host.

I'm with serverpronto. I signed up with their starter package which is:

AMD 2000+
    1GB Ram
    2x40GB HDD
    5TB traffic
    100Mbps Connection

Needless to say the server is slow and hosted in Panama. I've had a series of issues from certain IP networks not being able to connect to my website to slow connections to now my account saying terminated although I been auto-paying for a year and NEVER been late. My invoice history says I'm current. Now when a visitor tries to connect, it takes forever to get a "too many connections" error.

I need your help to find a better host maybe with a dual/triple core processor, 500GB HDD, 10TB traffic and 100Mbps connection. Serverpronto offers that for $80/month. I would love speed with excellent customer service and a server hosted in the US. That matters more than price.

About my site:
    It has hundreds of categories and over 300K products. So I need speed and space.

Thanks for reading and your time.

what is your current budget?

Your server spec is kinda low if you ask me. The ram is only 1GB. How about your processor? You will need at least a quad core processor.

Quote Originally Posted by prohosta View Post
    what is your current budget?
    I currently pay $40 for the starter pkg with serverpronto. I think around $150/month is a good budget.

Quote Originally Posted by locke815 View Post
    Your server spec is kinda low if you ask me. The ram is only 1GB. How about your processor? You will need at least a quad core processor.
    My current processor is AMD 2000+. Whatever that is. My current host offer triple core, 8gb ram, 500gb hdd for $90/mo. And quad core, 8gb ram, 2tb HDD for $170/mo.

But service sucks. Maybe better for more expensive packages.

Thanks for your fast replies

for your specs, i believed in the region of $200-$250 you can get a pretty decent server

Quote Originally Posted by locke815 View Post
    for your specs, i believed in the region of $200-$250 you can get a pretty decent server
    Wow, does a couple of free months come with that? Lol. That would be hard to afford.

What would be a good server that would process a request from a huge site for a visitor with broadband/dsl connection?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by discxpress View Post
    Wow, does a couple of free months come with that? Lol. That would be hard to afford.

What would be a good server that would process a request from a huge site for a visitor with broadband/dsl connection?

Thanks

Its totally depend upon, what you trying to run on it, simple site or heavy DB site???/
    PraHost.com - Since 2007
    Dedicated Servers - 1GE / 10GE / 25GE / 40GE / 100GE Unmetered Bandwidth | Exclusive Adult & Streaming Friendly Servers
    Data Centers: Netherlands, Germany, UK, Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Prajyot View Post
    Its totally depend upon, what you trying to run on it, simple site or heavy DB site???/
    It will be a heavy db site. What's your recommendation?

Thanks for replying.

I'm looking at Secured Servers. I can get 100Mbps, 8gb ram, 10tb traffic and 500gb HDD with raid 1 for $143/mo.

I forgot to mention Intel Quad Core Xeon X3430 (4 x 2.40 GHz, 8MB Cache), 4-bay Supermicro Chassis.

I'm looking at Secured Servers. I can get 100Mbps, 8gb ram, 10tb traffic and 500gb HDD with raid 1 for $143/mo.

I forgot to mention Intel Quad Core Xeon X3430 (4 x 2.40 GHz, 8MB Cache), 4-bay Supermicro Chassis.
    That's a much better spec than the server you're currently on, that's for sure!

It's gud one.
    if your budget allow then try 73Gb SAS HDD or something, it will be plus
    PraHost.com - Since 2007
    Dedicated Servers - 1GE / 10GE / 25GE / 40GE / 100GE Unmetered Bandwidth | Exclusive Adult & Streaming Friendly Servers

Quote Originally Posted by gordonrp View Post
    That's a much better spec than the server you're currently on, that's for sure!
    Yes I know and for $143, that's a starter until revenue increases. I submitted a ticket with current host hours ago with no reply.

40GB drives?

I know we offer small 36-72gb sas drives for people that want more than 7.2k but I haven't seen a 40GB drive since IDE.

Hello,

I'm new here and it's a shame that I didn't come here first before signing up with my current dedicated server host.

I'm with serverpronto. I signed up with their starter package which is:

AMD 2000+
    1GB Ram
    2x40GB HDD
    5TB traffic
    100Mbps Connection

Needless to say the server is slow and hosted in Panama. I've had a series of issues from certain IP networks not being able to connect to my website to slow connections to now my account saying terminated although I been auto-paying for a year and NEVER been late. My invoice history says I'm current. Now when a visitor tries to connect, it takes forever to get a "too many connections" error.

I need your help to find a better host maybe with a dual/triple core processor, 500GB HDD, 10TB traffic and 100Mbps connection. Serverpronto offers that for $80/month. I would love speed with excellent customer service and a server hosted in the US. That matters more than price.

About my site:
    It has hundreds of categories and over 300K products. So I need speed and space.

Thanks for reading and your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Prajyot View Post
    It's gud one.
    if your budget allow then try 73Gb SAS HDD or something, it will be plus
    No the budget can't support that yet. Maybe as revenues grow

No the budget can't support that yet. Maybe as revenues grow
    contact them and ask for custom quote, who know may be they will offer you
    PraHost.com - Since 2007

Which is better? Software Raid 1 or Onboard Raid 1?
    Thanks

I can get Intel Dual Core G6950 (2 x 2.8 GHZ, 3MB Cache), 2-bay Supermicro Chassis with 750gb sata 2 hdd, onboard raid 1, 8gb ddr3 ram, & 10tb traffic for $113/mo.