Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by aww
    Wanted to post a big thank you.
    This was hassle free for me and I just changed the 0.9.4 to the released 0.9.5

(the mkdir was also needed for me)
    No problem. I will update this post today for 0.9.5.

By the way, is it possible that eaccelerator actually reduced my memory usage?
    I'm running a heavily visited wordpress site which of course is pure php and my oomguarpages went down nicely after apache restarted with this. I added the control panel and it's definitely working. Maybe it's because of the shared memory?

Now if only someone could come with such a script to add mod_deflate to my easyapache build options list Otherwise I have no idea how to keep all my other options and have to use mod_gzip instead - hey maybe it's possible to grab the script that easyapache generates and add on building mod_deflate somehow?

By the way, is it possible that eaccelerator actually reduced my memory usage?
    I'm running a heavily visited wordpress site which of course is pure php and my oomguarpages went down nicely after apache restarted with this. I added the control panel and it's definitely working. Maybe it's because of the shared memory?

Now if only someone could come with such a script to add mod_deflate to my easyapache build options list Otherwise I have no idea how to keep all my other options and have to use mod_gzip instead - hey maybe it's possible to grab the script that easyapache generates and add on building mod_deflate somehow?
    eAccelerator should definitely help any PHP based site. Though, Apache restarts in general will reduce memory usage for a little bit, but as long as you don't see it creeping back up, that's a good thing

What Apache version do you have?

This has been updated for 0.9.5. Should be all good.

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    eAccelerator should definitely help any PHP based site. Though, Apache restarts in general will reduce memory usage for a little bit, but as long as you don't see it creeping back up, that's a good thing

What Apache version do you have?
    Apache 1.3.37 on centos - a fairly standard cpanel build

Saw 133 simultaneous visitors yesterday thanks to eaccelerator keeping it smooth
    This is on a 256mb VPS with 1gig burst - barely used any of the burst.

I noticed there is a slight delay the first time a new php script is encountered but after that its far faster than before. I used to have a shared box with phpa several years ago but this is far better.

Next project is to get lighthttp going on the same box just to serve images and free up apache but I sure wish I was using mod_deflate instead of mod_gzip.

Apache 1.3.37 on centos - a fairly standard cpanel build

Saw 133 simultaneous visitors yesterday thanks to eaccelerator keeping it smooth
    This is on a 256mb VPS with 1gig burst - barely used any of the burst.

I noticed there is a slight delay the first time a new php script is encountered but after that its far faster than before. I used to have a shared box with phpa several years ago but this is far better.

Next project is to get lighthttp going on the same box just to serve images and free up apache but I sure wish I was using mod_deflate instead of mod_gzip.
    http://www.aaanime.net/pmak/apache/mod_accel/

The latest version is now 0.9.5.1
    Owner/President
    Booyah! Web Hosting, L.L.C.
    Great Personal Service
    Experience the Booyah! Difference

Script was updated upon the release of that version - but I forgot to mention that in this thread.

Is it better to change eaccelerator.shm_size to 32mb ?

Quote Originally Posted by HD Fanatic View Post
    Is it better to change eaccelerator.shm_size to 32mb ?
    If you just create a phpinfo page, it'll show you how much of the 16mb you are using. If you are using all of it, then yes, you can increase it if you like.

I set it to 32mb and it's 100% used but then, /dev/shm shows 0% used, weird.. Is there a limit on what you can set for eaccelerator.shm_size ?

Quote Originally Posted by HD Fanatic View Post
    I set it to 32mb and it's 100% used but then, /dev/shm shows 0% used, weird.. Is there a limit on what you can set for eaccelerator.shm_size ?
    I was also wondering if there was sort of norm max cap.
    Owner/President
    Booyah! Web Hosting, L.L.C.
    Great Personal Service
    Experience the Booyah! Difference

hi, the script appears to have installed correctly, however when i type php -v it does not show the eaccelerator tag? Have i missed something completely? am i supposed to do any configuration inside any cpanel interfaces?

Quote Originally Posted by Tensop View Post
    hi, the script appears to have installed correctly, however when i type php -v it does not show the eaccelerator tag? Have i missed something completely? am i supposed to do any configuration inside any cpanel interfaces?
    grep "extension_dir" -- /usr/local/lib/php.ini

what does that return for you?

This is something real good .

Thanks a ton

Thanks a lot I really appreciate the information given

Glad I could help.

For those running forums or other software that relies on php sessions I highly recommend building eaccelerator with session support and enabling eaccelerator as the session handler in php.ini

Much, much faster to store session data in the shared memory than to use the disk, even if cached it still needs bus i/o. On a loaded VPS this extra speed can help.

This script can be easily modified to do this, but you have to edit php.ini for the session handler yourself.

Just ask me if you need more instructions.

make sure eaccelerator.so is inside your extension dir. you may use phpinfo to find out your extension_dir

Quote Originally Posted by Tensop View Post
    layer0, have installed eaccelerator using your script, works perfectly, thanks

does this work on DirectAdmin?

the title says it's for cpanel. however you may try this one:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...t=eaccelerator

good work

thanks dear

Hi, i have problem, tried to install eaccelerator but i'm getting this with php -v
    [root@host ~]# php -v
    Failed loading /usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so: /usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    PHP 4.4.7 (cli) (built: Oct 9 2007 17:21:51)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2007 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies
    [root@host ~]#Help please !

Hi
    I setup eaccelerator successfully...
    How can i use it???
    I read its documentation but i can not understand any thing
    Can any one expalin a small example for me

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12