Yet Another Hotmail And Yahoo Spam Issue

Hi everyone,
    First I have to say, I dont know anything about these DNS, SPF, PRT and other stuff, at least anymore. I am trying to fix that for months and finally messed my mind up.
    My mails from my server delivers to spam boxes in hotmail and yahoo.
    My domain is doctus (.) org
    I have other domains, but nevermind that is important now.

Here is my setup:
    Code:
    img502.imageshack (.) us/img502/8812/55369856fe8 (.) gif
    Domainkey full path:
    Code:
    t=y; o=-; r=postmaster@doctus.org
    Mail full path:
    Code:
    v=spf1 a mx ptr ip4:91.193.130.198 ptr:doctus.org mx:mail . doctus . org ~all
    Private._domainkey full path:
    Code:
    k=rsa; p=MEwwDQYJKoZIhvcNAQEBBQADOwAwOAIxANfaLiAYMUSosDjo8eDw0fX3lB9bSv0R37fBbDHl4/B+K9rGjBCsZF3+wHEm01Sw/QIDAQAB
    I am not listed on any blacklist.

Here is a sample header of mail which is delivered to spam:

Code:
    From tansu @ doctus.org Mon Jun 16 23:39:29 2008
    Return-Path: <tansu @ doctus.org>
    Authentication-Results: mta218. mail. mud. yahoo.com  from=doctus.org; domainkeys=pass (ok)
    Received: from 91.193.130.198  (EHLO doctus.org) (91.193.130.198)
      by mta218. mail. mud. yahoo. com with SMTP; Mon, 16 Jun 2008 23:48:26 -0700
    Received: (qmail 32675 invoked by uid 48); 17 Jun 2008 06:39:29 -0000
    Comment: DomainKeys? See  antispam . yahoo.com/domainkeys
    DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
      s=private; d=doctus . org;
      b=T4H+dcfiCkaLCUUgAWrEu+MTQXgKd5SLv2Kc3/Rq0TZB0G4Eanw59Bu+p4Q+HvEe;
    Date: 17 Jun 2008 06:39:29 -0000
    To: doctus_doctus @ yahoo.com
    Subject: 2008 Anketleri
    Message-ID: <20080617063929.d2564c933476@doctus.org>
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-9"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
    Content-Length: 653
    My PTR is set to doctus.org
    I use centos 5, lxadmin last version.
    What is wrong here?
    Or what should I do?
    Thanks in advanced.

Note: URL'S dont have spaces or () normally. I cant use bbcode before 5 posts.

I've found (regrettably) through experience, that your setup has very little to do with how your mail is handled.

If you happen to be on a shared server or even dedicated that has once housed a spammer, you've got your work cut out for you.

I've had to file appeals to basically every major ISP & free email provider you can think of. You can usually get the appeal URLs in the bounce message that tells you your server IP is banned.

Yahoo isn't so nice. They seem to be the worst of the bunch. They were delivering my stuff to the junk box without even sending any sort of error code back to my server. I had no idea there was any problem until complaints started piling up about people telling me I ignore them.

If you have a moderately busy site, fill out this form: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mai...rms_index.html

After you waste your time filling this out, you'll get an auto-response questionnaire that asks you about your harvesting & mailing practices. (Receipt takes 1-2 days for this auto-response)

After wasting your time with this lengthy form, you'll get an auto-response saying they've edited your IP in their directory, but they cannot entirely exempt you from their "spamguard technology" and refuse to give explicit reasons.

After this step, I've found my messages were being dispatched to the inbox, rather than bulk or being denied.

Of all the ISP's, AOL & Yahoo are the hardest.
    Hotmail and comcast were the easiest. (to get unlisted from their filters)

I should also mention that I am not a webhost, I house 2 sites on my dedicated box.. so your mileage may vary if you tend to house spammers on your servers.

Hi gpl24,
    Thanks for your answer.
    So you think, there is nothing to do with my setup. I should contact to mail service providers.
    I did contact to yahoo, but what about hotmail? I guess they do not have a contact section for this issue.

I did all of the fancy SPF, Domainkey type stuff too. My mails were still blacklisted.
    Actually contacting the ISPs and filling out their appeal forms was the only way I got removed from their blacklists.
    Every ISP I came across had a form explicitly for removal requests. If you try to email them or contact help, they will ignore you. Use the appeal forms they provide.

Hotmail do have a form, but it's extremely difficult to find. I will see if I can find it, but seeing as my situation with them was over a year ago I don't doubt that link will be obsolete by now.
    Last edited by gpl24; 06-17-2008 at 05:07 AM.

Here is the form for hotmail: http://support.msn.com/eform.aspx?pr...ail&ct=eformts

Good luck!

thank you, I will try

Hi,
    I tried and MS people answered me patiently.
    So I register for Sender ID project and they accepted. But the only problem is "I do not have a SPF record" which I had created from MS SPF Wizard. And the wizard still says that I have no SPF record.
    Then I tried multiple web pages like slashdot, wilderssecurity and other sites which I am sure I can get e-mails from them. The look they dont have SPF records either.
    Well since the domain and other info is known by my first post here, can someone create a SPF record for me which works.
    Regards

After setting up SPF record go to this link to inform MIcrosoft about SPF record set
    Twitter : http://twitter.com/eth1networks
    Contact Us : support[at]eth1.in