Thread: just a question

just a question

hey guys this is not a request or a offer mods please don't delete it i just want to know . i m not going to ask someone to do it for me...

Here is the problem :
    I argued with a guy and he said it will cost about at least $5000 or more :

What he asked me is :
    1 Flash intro
    5 sub pages.

Can you please tell me how much it would cost?
    (Again : This is not a offer just to proove something to a guy)

pls
    BUY SELL WEBMASTER GOODS AT OnlyWebmasters.Com Auctions
    CHECK YOUR GOOGLE PAGERANK CLICK HERE

Depends on what kind of site it is or the quality of the work involved.
    mike

he talked to me about a pipe company i mean company is making pipes and stuff...
    just a high quality flash intro and 5 sub pages with 1 main page...

Yup as a web developer the cost is in the ability to create pictures, create a concept. If the pipe company already had pictures or they needed a site redo it would cost less. The webmaster doesn't need to be as creative.

The "High Quality" flash intro is what costs the most.

Been a developer - not as easy as it looks

When you can change the colour of the background in a second they think everything is that easy.
    Hosting.Express | Affordable Web and Email Hosting
    Shared | Reseller | 24/7 Support | NSA Free
    SPECIAL OFFER - domain name, email and cPanel web hosting = $3.73 per month | Contact Us: 1-800-861-1888

Depends, I would probally charge anywhere from $600 - $1200 depending on the content of the flash and the specifics of the job, but it can be done for cheaper then $5000 its just in what will the person play.

I think it depends on the quality of the design and who's doing it. Its a free market and people can charge/pay what they want.

If you go to a high end design agency then you could end up paying that (or far more even), but there's a lot of good designers out there (imho) who might do it for much less.

I think it also depends on the nature of the business who is ordering the work. If its a reasonably sized/big company then $5000 probably isn't really much to them and they'll be prepared to pay for quality.

It might also depend on the design process itself, whether they require any analysis of their competitors, whether its going to be a customer guided/involved process etc. and the track record of the designers they choose.

I saw a ton of people slagging off that new BBC3 logo a little while back (because you could have basically knocked it together in photoshop in 10 minutes), but it's the process and thought that has gone into choosing that design (I can't remember exactly but I believe they paid tens if not hundreds of thousands for it).

Ofcourse the detractors probably said the same about the BBC 2 logo (which is basically just a number 2) but everyone loves that now because of everything they've done with it. Whoever designed that original logo probably had that as part of their original vision when they presented that logo (along with hundreds of other concepts probably) -and more than likely the BBC paid handsomely for that logo aswell).

$5000 doesn't seem unreasonable to me (more than I would probably charge something so straightforward), but if that $5000 design results in $100,000 worth of business that the company wouldn't have got without it then that's not such a bad deal is it?

Ofcourse perception plays a big part aswell - ask yourself how many people wear levi's? Are they really twice as good as jeans that cost half the price?

P.S. For someone charging them the $5000 I'd hope that they at least have the sense to tell them to ditch the flash intro idea! I like flash, but an intro to a site of that nature stuck on the front is more of an annoyance than a benefit imho.

Flash is an annoyance in general.
    Regards,
    Stephen Marsh

UrbanServers.com - Premium UK SSD Virtual Servers

Thank you everyone that helpmed me a lot. Next time I argue i will be able to show this thread...

I'm not sure if my post helped then. I was basically saying that it could well be worth $5000 (not sure if you were arguing for or against the $5000 price).

It all depends on the project and what's involved so it's hard to tell from such a sketchy brief (for example, you could probably look at this whole forum as a few subpages, but it's what's in them that makes this board worth so much to jelsoft and the users of vbuletin).

Nope this helped me actually.
    All i can say that people get $35 per second.
    I mean if the intro is 2 minutes they would get $4200.
    Nevermind it
    Thanks