Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AVOID CLOUDFLARE AT ALL COSTS !

Hi,

For the 2nd time in a row, CloudFlare has f@#ked over my server.
    They are willingly handing over IP's of your core server(s) to hackers and any random person which forges data on their DMCA website.
    This way, some hackers community got to my server IP and of other servers that was hosted by friends, and DDoS't them till the provider(s) shutted them down.

After again some email communication with CloudFlare, it came aware to me they have no care of privacy and what could happen to someone elses server.
    Any person can send in a false DMCA request, and gain access to the IP's of the domains.

Here is a small quote from them:

// To make sure it gets to the right person, please reply above this line
    ==================================================

Hi,

What of your sites are you even referring to here?

We've received what appeared to be a VALID complaints against <CENSORED> so -- as we've told you numerous times now -- we were legally obligated to provide the IP address. This is our position on what appear to be valid complaints. This is unfortunately not something that is going to change either.

Support ticket thread: http://support.cloudflare.com/discus...y-server-again

Also, which happened the last time, the first DMCA request was done with a temporary email box which anybody could register, and sended in a false DMCA request.
    CloudFlare obviously state it was a "legit" email box, which it wasn't.
    They promised me, via email, they would drastically change the way they handle these DMCA requests.
    Here some email correspondenting.

Hi,

We have NOT released your IP at all today.

Safe-mail.net IS a legitimate domain. The request came in from an abuse alias that is generally associated with the abuse teams at internet service providers.

I explained the whole situation to you yesterday & already apologized for any inconvenience. Someone was very clever about the request we sent in & we will adjust some aspects of our procedures because of it.

Checking headers is not part of our process. Even headers aren't fool proof.
    (Do know, safe-mail.net is a temporary mailbox provider where anybody can register one)

Hi <censored>,

I've explained to you we will be adjusting our procedures because of this. I can't do a single thing to fix what happened yesterday, and I have been more than forthcoming about why this happened & what our limitations are. I can only apologize & can assure you that we're adjusting things. We've had several requests today for your domain and others that we have refused to release the IP addresses for.

These promises and all these mails whe're from Damon and Justin, both working at CloudFlare.

Hopefully you think twice before you use CloudFlare.
      1 Not allowed!

Cool story brah, cloudflare did not do anything wrong here. If they did, you can go on and sue them.

And I wonder, why did they ever allow such huge DDoS bait as anonops on their network, it obviously results trouble.

Best regards,

AnonymouSapu
    Load and Saber of LulzPec
    Last edited by backconnectexposed; 12-13-2011 at 08:14 PM.
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymouSapu View Post
    Cool story brah, cloudflare did not do anything wrong here. If they did, you can go on and sue them.

And I wonder, why did they ever allow such huge DDoS bait as anonops on their network, it obviously results trouble.

Best regards,

AnonymouSapu
    Load and Saber of LulzPec
    Hey, one of the DDOS'ers.
    You talking about DDoS while your doing it yourself ?

Get a life.

Anyway, CloudFLare is hosting various hacker groups as well, for example:
    turk1923 (if Im correct with the year)
    echonode.com
    TeamPoison site

And some others, so I wonder Sapu, AnonOps has been a chatting network only for a long time now, and your still refering at the time AnonOps had Ryan ?
    Since last year December, AnonOps went another turn, and your still refering to old days when I wasn't even doing anything...
    Get your history straight.
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Power2All View Post
    Hey, one of the DDOS'ers.
    You talking about DDoS while your doing it yourself ?

Get a life.

Anyway, CloudFLare is hosting various hacker groups as well, for example:
    turk1923 (if Im correct with the year)
    echonode.com
    TeamPoison site

And some others, so I wonder Sapu, AnonOps has been a chatting network only for a long time now, and your still refering at the time AnonOps had Ryan ?
    Since last year December, AnonOps went another turn, and your still refering to old days when I wasn't even doing anything...
    Get your history straight.
    Echonode is not a hacking group, it is not even a group. It is just an altar where r000t worships scout.

And yeah. If I were DDoSing you, would I not be the best person to talk about it then?
      1 Not allowed!

You mean it's where Skidsr.us is located now.
    All you hackers are there, don't deny it.
      1 Not allowed!

You mean it's where Skidsr.us is located now.
    All you hackers are there, don't deny it.
    Okay, you are always right and know everything.

Btw, what was that SMB share on 81.169.131.217? Anirena, eh?

I'd say there was some DMCA worthy stuff there.

(And oh, could you ask Shitstorm to stop packeting Echonode. It is fairly rude)
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymouSapu View Post
    Okay, you are always right and know everything.

Btw, what was that SMB share on 81.169.131.217? Anirena, eh?

I'd say there was some DMCA worthy stuff there.

(And oh, could you ask Shitstorm to stop packeting Echonode. It is fairly rude)
    I am playing Aion, so I wouldn't know what shitstorm is or not doing.
    And a SMB share is not DMCA worthy, since it only contained HTML files which I was coding on
      1 Not allowed!

I am playing Aion, so I wouldn't know what shitstorm is or not doing.
    And a SMB share is not DMCA worthy, since it only contained HTML files which I was coding on
    Oh

Btw, try SVN or git. They are better suited for programmers.
      1 Not allowed!

Thumbs down RE: AVOID CLOUDFLARE AT ALL COSTS !

Hi,

For the 2nd time in a row, CloudFlare has f@#ked over my server.
    They are willingly handing over IP's of your core server(s) to hackers and any random person which forges data on their DMCA website.
    This way, some hackers community got to my server IP and of other servers that was hosted by friends, and DDoS't them till the provider(s) shutted them down.

After again some email communication with CloudFlare, it came aware to me they have no care of privacy and what could happen to someone elses server.
    Any person can send in a false DMCA request, and gain access to the IP's of the domains.

Here is a small quote from them:

Also, which happened the last time, the first DMCA request was done with a temporary email box which anybody could register, and sended in a false DMCA request.
    CloudFlare obviously state it was a "legit" email box, which it wasn't.
    They promised me, via email, they would drastically change the way they handle these DMCA requests.
    Here some email correspondenting.

(Do know, safe-mail.net is a temporary mailbox provider where anybody can register one)

These promises and all these mails whe're from Damon and Justin, both working at CloudFlare.

Hopefully you think twice before you use CloudFlare.
    I think it's important to realize that CloudFlare's service is not ment to be used as a shield for illegal activities. After a little research, I found that you run an IRC network known as AnonOps, which has DDoSed, hacked, and attacked entities for months now. In my opinion, it was well within in their rights to disclose your server IPs for abuse.

- Chippy
    Internet Extraordinaire
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ChippyLeet View Post
    I think it's important to realize that CloudFlare's service is not ment to be used as a shield for illegal activities. After a little research, I found that you run an IRC network known as AnonOps, which has DDoSed, hacked, and attacked entities for months now. In my opinion, it was well within in their rights to disclose your server IPs for abuse.

- Chippy
    Internet Extraordinaire
    And another DDoS'er looks around.
    Hi Chippy1337. AKA SYN.
      1 Not allowed!

Errr, what is this thread even about?
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LH-Danny View Post
    Errr, what is this thread even about?
    Basically power2all is ranting because Cloudflare dropped his server IP when they received a legit abuse message, so this message could be sent to real server host. Then power2all got DDoS'd and he decided to blame Cloudflare for that.
      1 Not allowed!

Thumbs down RE: AVOID ANONOPS AT ALL COSTS !

I see no further reason to argue your outrageous claims, seeing as they have been legitimately dismissed by another member as well (illegal files). I believe CloudFlare is a great service, ruined by people such as yourself who use it to protect themselves from the arm of the law, and I will continue to rely on it. Also, from my experience, CloudFlare has great customer service. I've been assisted by Damon and Justin before, and they have been most reasonable. Good day.

- Chippy
    Internet Extraordinaire, DDoS Counselor, Shaman
      1 Not allowed!

Its simpler if you read the email.
    Sapu and Chippy are the DDoS'ers, sending cloudflare abuse mail via EchoNode, which is a IRC network runned and used by hackers, known by as Skidsr.us which was their past server network on which they whe're.
    They did for the 2nd time a fake Abuse DMCA request, and retrieved my server IP without any valid reason.

Chippy and Sapu above here are just trying to put me now in a bad daylight, as they trying to get back on me for... I don't know what...
      1 Not allowed!

Thumbs down

Sapu and Chippy are the DDoS'ers, sending cloudflare abuse mail via EchoNode, which is a IRC network runned and used by hackers, known by as Skidsr.us which was their past server network on which they whe're.
    They did for the 2nd time a fake Abuse DMCA request, and retrieved my server IP without any valid reason.

Chippy and Sapu above here are just trying to put me now in a bad daylight, as they trying to get back on me for... I don't know what...
    How does one send email via echonode?
    Last edited by backconnectexposed; 12-13-2011 at 09:12 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

I made my point and showed evidence enough.
    Got header data if you want to verify too.
    Anyway, all I wanted to say, Im not gonna bother with chippy and sapu here.
    Bunch of 2 kids.
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs down RE: AVOID POWER2ALL AT ALL COSTS !

I further researched your contorted arguments and talked the members of EchoNode network. They are far from hackers and I was just told by them their network was attacked by AnonOps, and is presently down. The same network you yourself run. I'd like to see you explain this too.

EDIT: And I've been told to add that SMTP mail headers can spoofed.
      0 Not allowed!

this isn't hackforums, guys..?
      0 Not allowed!

I made my point and showed evidence enough.
    Got header data if you want to verify too.
    Anyway, all I wanted to say, Im not gonna bother with chippy and sapu here.
    Bunch of 2 kids.
    Please, do share all the evidence you have, including the headers.

Quote Originally Posted by quantumphysics View Post
    this isn't hackforums, guys..?
    How is Skidforums related to this? As you can see, we are discussing the legitimacy of the OP.
    Last edited by backconnectexposed; 12-13-2011 at 09:14 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

yes hello

Please do not make up stories, I am doing nothing of the sort.

That it all.
      0 Not allowed!

Here ye- here ye- chatters of the interwebs.

It seems that the OP is mistaking CloudFlare for some kind of free DDoS mitigation service. Let me repeat, cloudflare is FREE, unless you decide to sign up for a premium account for $20 a month which adds some additional perks related to website acceleration, monitoring and https.

CloudFlare is a web-acceleration service which uses it's globally distributed network to cache and serve static content from its edge nodes to your end user with as little latency as possible. Any request for dynamic content - or stale cache content is proxied back to your server. If the content is cache-able (i.e. images) it is stored cloudflare's network for a set amount of time, or until the user decides to purge cloudflare's cache (via API call, or your website's dashboard). Cloudflare is an excellent service for those whom are hosting legitimate websites and wish to save money on bandwidth, or offer a faster experience to their end user by reducing the time it takes for a client to receive static content, and reducing the load on their webservers.

That being said, CloudFlare acts as a bandwidth provider as opposed to a host, and is obligated to disclose the actual IP addresses of your webserver in the event of DMCA or abuse complaint. Cloud Flare does not guarantee in any way that your IP address will not be released. Thus, it is not up to cloudflare to decide whether or not the DMCA/abuse requests it receives are legitimate, and thus it is up to those whom submit them with a means to solve the dispute with the actual host of the website (whom must investigate the legitimacy of the aforementioned reports).

tl;dr: CloudFlare did absolutely nothing wrong, and the OP is just a bit butthurt because his little group of hacker friends are being DDoSed.

- Edgeworth
    Systems Administrator at encyclopediadramatica(dot)ch (We also use CloudFlare, and the IP addresses of our front-facing load balancers have been made public by CloudFlare responding to erronerous DMCA requests as well, however we use cloudflare for its indented purpose (a web accelerator) not some kind of DDoS shield.)
      0 Not allowed!

well in principle, cloudflare should be more careful with dmca's, cause the vast majority is ********, but besides that... if it was a privacy issue or giving personal information, it would be a problem, but giving the original ip address? that anyone can find out, its not that hard, or in any way private i suppose? if we keep our ips private... how would the internet find us >_<
    ^_^.oO( im in hostcult.com huhumm i'm also hosted by: servint, jaguarpc and dreamhost its all good hehehe )
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    well in principle, cloudflare should be more careful with dmca's, cause the vast majority is ********, but besides that... if it was a privacy issue or giving personal information, it would be a problem, but giving the original ip address? that anyone can find out, its not that hard, or in any way private i suppose? if we keep our ips private... how would the internet find us >_<
    They are giving out IP addresses which would otherwise have been PUBLIC if the user was not using the cloudflare web acceleration service.
      0 Not allowed!

@edgeworth .... humm isnt that what i said?
    ^_^.oO( im in hostcult.com huhumm i'm also hosted by: servint, jaguarpc and dreamhost its all good hehehe )
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
    They are giving out IP addresses which would otherwise have been PUBLIC if the user was not using the cloudflare web acceleration service.
    Thats correct.
    But if a service providing company like CloudFlare, release IP's which are normally hidden with CloudFlare, and when CloudFlare EVEN DOES A LIVE PROMOTING AT A CONFERENCE STATING LULZSEC AS A EXAMPLE AS HOW SECURE THEY ARE....
    Then you would think, wtf ?

The IP was never released to the public, but CloudFlare was being used for proxying between the users and my server, and thus automatically hiding the orginal IP.
    This prevents my box from being killed by any random person.

Also, about the DMCA, I don't think a DMCA should be handled immediatly without checking up if it's legit or not.
    This way, anybody can **** up a network or service providing.
    If this is the case, DMCA law needs a serious checkup, since it's a liability to anybody and can harm more then it can do good.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast