vist Guest

Question

The problem is that my main domain name is registered with directNIC.com. I was trying to register name servers by sending host form to Network Solutions several times, but the reply was:
    "It appears that the request we received was not submitted from an appropriate e-mail address."...
    I am listed as administrative, billing and technical contact for the domain with the same email address I used to send registration form.
    Is there any way to solve the problem?
    Do they register name servers for domains registered with another registrar at all?
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

From my experience, yes they do, but...

You might want to check directnic for a link to "create a nameserver with this domain", or something like that as well.

Some of the new registrars have extremely easy ways of creating them. Not sure if Directnic is one of them.

vist Guest

No, directNIC doesn't offer such kind of services at this time... I emailed them with question. I contacted Network Solutions as well, but still no reply from them.
    Do you know more registrars offering host registration services?

Originally posted by Chicken:
    From my experience, yes they do, but...

You might want to check directnic for a link to "create a nameserver with this domain", or something like that as well.

Some of the new registrars have extremely easy ways of creating them. Not sure if Directnic is one of them.

Call Network Solutions. Their 800 number is 1-888-642-9675. Be prepared to be on hold for a little while. Tell them what you are trying to do. They should be able to help.

------------------
    Mike Astin
    WebAuthorities
    http://www.webauthorities.com

Hello,

Last I checked, DirectNic was a reseller for OpenSRS. It is very easy for them to create a nameserver for the domain... Don't know why they won't?

Anyway, you could create a nameserver on any other OpenSRS reseller except it appears that DirectNic does not give you the "correct" username and password to manage your domain correctly with OpenSRS. My advise would be to contact support@opensrs.org and let them know, I am sure they will create the nameserver entry for you. Also, I would not register with them anymore if they won't give you full access to your domain that is really registered with OpenSRS.

Best Wishes,
    Scott

vist Guest

Thanks, Scott!
    I successfuly registered my name servers with OpenSRS. My directNIC username and password worked there too!
    Just one thing I don't understand... Why directNIC support staff could not tell me about this??? Is it a secret??

Best regards,
    vist

Originally posted by scottlaw:
    Hello,

Last I checked, DirectNic was a reseller for OpenSRS. It is very easy for them to create a nameserver for the domain... Don't know why they won't?

Anyway, you could create a nameserver on any other OpenSRS reseller except it appears that DirectNic does not give you the "correct" username and password to manage your domain correctly with OpenSRS. My advise would be to contact support@opensrs.org and let them know, I am sure they will create the nameserver entry for you. Also, I would not register with them anymore if they won't give you full access to your domain that is really registered with OpenSRS.

Best Wishes,
    Scott