if so, I am looking for others who lease/own these pizza boxes...

MDB Guest

I don't yet lease one, but plan to in the very near future. I have narrowed it down to either HiSPeedHosting or DialToneInternet. Chicken, who do you lease your raq from?

I actually own mine (not lease but it doesn't really matter), and have it colo'd at tera-byte.

The two you mentioned though were my 2nd and 3rd choices (dn was in there as well tied in 3rd place).

We own one, and 4 RaQ2's...I don't recommend any Cobalt products...support sux bigtime from Cobalt and the boxes are incredibly underpowered. Interface is indeed nice, but it is perl and they suck with perl. We are moving as many people off our RaQs as possible voluntarily before we move them ourselves (we now use Alabanza)

Chris Marks
    http://www.netfronts.com

Check out netinfra.com if you really want to go with a RaQ, we use them and their colo prices are fantastic. Support is great as well.

Chris Marks
    http://www.netfronts.com

[This message has been edited by marksy (edited 06-18-2000).]

Notr Guest

I got mine at www.rackspace.com

MDB Guest

Cool

Chicken,

When you get a chance send me an email I would like to chat with you in private. I set up a special AOL email address just for you! :> ) IWantARaQ@aol.com

Marcus

MDB - "you've got mail"

I used to have one at rackspace.com. Their support is great, but I agree with others, the RaQ's are underpowered. You get a couple of CGI scripts on them and the server really bogs down.

Overall I liked my RaQ and would recommend it for a newby.

We now host with Alabanza (like so many others) and have a pretty decent server. I have more clients and CGI scripts and the CPU rarely goes over .9% whereas the RaQ would be at a constant 30%.

------------------
    Mike Astin
    WebAuthorities
    sales@webauthorities.com

was that ".9" as in 0.9% vs 30% ? That would be quite a difference (different circumstances I am sure as well, but...)

Same sites moved from that one server to the Ala. server?