New Domain Name & Instant Spam

I registered a new domain name last night with godaddy. It finally resolved/propagated tonight - about twenty hours later (about normal from my experience). I had checked it just two hours ago, and it wasn’t resolving yet (at least from my Comcast account).

Take a nap – get up – OK, it’s resolving now

Everyone neurotically checks there new domains over and over to find out when they propagate - right? It's not just me - right?

Anyway, I go into cpanel for the first time and check my e-mail account on horde and squirrel mail (to set up). Geeese, already five spam messages. My domain name is rather obscure.

The only thing I can figure, spammers are crawling the whois data base everyday for new names.

The only thing I can figure, spammers are crawling the whois data base everyday for new names.
    It's 100% true but in your case it was so fast ,,
    I used to have and spam email form a hosting company almost the 2nd day after registration ( but in your case it was extremely fast )
    So I think your domain has been registered before so it gets spam so fast
    eNom very discounted reseller / retail accounts (Click here )

Rare 2 , 3 char / letter domains for sale ( Click here )

Well, I'll be. I just checked - your right.

It was for sale at one time.

dont feel bad... I just got a three char domain a week ago and already got about 100 emails sent to it... had to put boxtrapper on mine...

expired domains often get lots of spam, just like any domain that has been used for a while. I have had domains getting thousands of spams/day within days of registration
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out my 2021 WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks, the most comprehensive look at WP hosting performance

thats totally true

thats why never setup catch-all *@urname.com to ur mailbox just use the email you think its less usable for expired domains
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Yep, I configured the catchall account to the :blackhole: in cpanel.

Now I shouldn't see anything unless it's an address I created.

awesome thats what I did