hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Hosting Your Own Music Behind a Login

Forum Jump

Hosting Your Own Music Behind a Login

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon234 View Post
What do you mean it is not for you but for hundreds of customers? I am a little confused because earlier on you said you are looking to host some of your own personal music files.
I mean hundreds of users will buy my app, then buy hosting, and then store music files. It might not be a huge number of files (unless they want to upgrade their hosting), but I want to know a safe "starter host" where they will be safe to do this. They probably would need at least 250 mb of storage.

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

I am not entirely sure what the service is you are offering, but have you considered Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) http://aws.amazon.com/s3/#pricing you get 5gb of storage for free if you are just after storing data/music for your app. It is what Dropbox use as far as I am aware.

Find Out More: Ultimate Forum Hosting

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon234 View Post
I am not entirely sure what the service is you are offering, but have you considered Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) http://aws.amazon.com/s3/#pricing you get 5gb of storage for free if you are just after storing data/music for your app. It is what Dropbox use as far as I am aware.
Ok, so sounds like I would want to provide instructions to the users of the app how to setup their own S3. Is there a good guide for this somewhere that is easy for an average webmaster to understand?

Sponsored Links