Getting Clients and advertising

Where do you guys advertise? What do you find most effective. I'm currently posting daily on the minecraft forums, also have threads weekly on WHT. I rented a banner on a minecraft server ranking site, and am running a adsense campaign but I'm still having a hard time getting clients? Any advice?

Advertise as much as you can. Word of mouth seems to be the best method of advertising. Selling minecraft servers or game servers is a REALLY competitive market.
    Mathew Repko - Renegade Networks
    Dedicated Servers
    DDoS Protected - High Speed Secure Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by GS-Dylan View Post
    Where do you guys advertise? What do you find most effective. I'm currently posting daily on the minecraft forums, also have threads weekly on WHT. I rented a banner on a minecraft server ranking site, and am running a adsense campaign but I'm still having a hard time getting clients? Any advice?
    Hi GS-Dylan,

I assume you mainly offer Minecraft, my points below will apply if you offer other hosting services.

Always start in your local area if possible ask local business if they need any web space or any help with looking after their websites.

have a blog and write articles that relate to web hosting and related technologies then share these posts on Twitter, Facebook etc... it takes time.

It's such a saturated market, TBH I just stopped selling MC stuff and moved into Dedicated and VPS hosting.

But, word of mouth is generally the best. I tend to order based on word of mouth and reputable reviews.