Apple releases iOS 8.1 for iPhone!

Apple has finally released to the public the new iOS 8.1 software update that improves the system stability iPhone and fixes bugs in iOS 8.0. <<snipped>>
    Last edited by Mike V; 10-21-2014 at 10:34 AM.

the worst Apple os is iOS 8.0 and iOS 8.0.1 - as majority apps are not compatible with it and they discontinued the iPhotos app.
    Explore our outstanding VPS choices tailored to your budget, and we welcome reasonable offers.
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

Not best pleased with iOS 8 for my iPad 2. It has ruined what used to be a good device. Running the latest release and I've tried factory resets and all sorts of other things, but it's slow and doesn't feel anywhere near as stable as iOS 7.

Upon doing some research, I'm far from alone: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6552856

This device frankly feels fit for the bin now. Releasing iOS 8 for the iPad 2 (no idea other devices) was a big mistake on Apple's part, IMHO.
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

This is pretty much Apple's story, if you install an iOS version that's 2+ years newer than your device it'll slow it down more and more with each new version until you crack and go buy a new iDevice.

I'm quite pleased with the performance of iOS 8.1 on my iPhone 5S, haven't seen any issues so far.
    Uptime Monitor - Minimize your downtime by being the first to know about it!

Blacklist Monitor - Are any of your IPs or Domains blacklisted? Find out before it gets to affect you or your clients.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethernet Servers View Post
    This device frankly feels fit for the bin now. Releasing iOS 8 for the iPad 2 (no idea other devices) was a big mistake on Apple's part, IMHO.
    Your ipad 2 is well over 3 years old now. Time to update anyways.
    It never fails to amuse me how individuals expect software to keep up to date with older hardware. Even my old 'New iPad' has a few issues keeping up , but it's always had these.

Don't blame the software, that's not really at fault. Look at the growth between the iPad 2 and the iPad Air 2 , the hardware specs are quite a bit higher.

I know, nobody wants to upgrade that expensive tablet. That's why I'm holding onto my 'new iPad' for as long as I can, but it's not the OS that's the problem, it's the tablet. Kind of like blaming Windows for your years old , run down PC being problematic.

Personally? Not seeing a ton of improvement from 8 to 8.1 myself. The main reason I was waiting for it was so that I could use NFC/Apple Pay, but, not yet. I imagine it'll be quite a few years before they get around to my CU (and whomever handles Paypal's cards)

The issue is now resolved. Apple released an update which specifically noted performance improvements for the iPad 2. Fortunately since updating performance is back to where I would expect it to be

Quote Originally Posted by twhiting9275 View Post
    Your ipad 2 is well over 3 years old now. Time to update anyways.
    It never fails to amuse me how individuals expect software to keep up to date with older hardware. Even my old 'New iPad' has a few issues keeping up , but it's always had these.

Don't blame the software, that's not really at fault. Look at the growth between the iPad 2 and the iPad Air 2 , the hardware specs are quite a bit higher.

I know, nobody wants to upgrade that expensive tablet. That's why I'm holding onto my 'new iPad' for as long as I can, but it's not the OS that's the problem, it's the tablet. Kind of like blaming Windows for your years old , run down PC being problematic.

Personally? Not seeing a ton of improvement from 8 to 8.1 myself. The main reason I was waiting for it was so that I could use NFC/Apple Pay, but, not yet. I imagine it'll be quite a few years before they get around to my CU (and whomever handles Paypal's cards)
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!