10gb Data transfer
    1gb webspace

Preferable:
    cPanel/WHM

Would be nice but not required:
    Free/installable billing software
    Free domain

Cheers, and please let me know if I'm being too hopeful

you can try reseller3.com I just signed up a month and half ago service is great, it comes with a great billing/client management system which integrated with whm, im not sure about the free domain but you can ask them.

check out resellerzoom.com , they got some cheap reseller plans there that might meet your budget.

It might be possible to get free billing software in there at the price you are willing to pay just because the amount of storage/bandwidth you are requesting is relatively small. I'd contact the sales department of various hosting companies to see what they can offer.

Cheers,
    Roj
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 11-19-2005 at 06:11 PM.

You may try resellerzoom as WebRhino CEO has suggested. I have been with them for 6 months and I love their server(except those budget plan)
    tanfwc

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1901
    Free domain
    If you want them to register a domain for you...you're asking for trouble!

Why wouldn't you register your own at GoDaddy.com for $8.95 per year?
    Isn't that cheap enough? You'd be better off because nobody would ever be able to take away the domain or jerk you around if you need the DNS changed.

It's not too bright to have someone register your domain for you, unless you don't care to keep it...cause it won't be yours!

I suggest ResellerZoom , thier plans are 24 dollars but well worth it. Stay away from the 5 dollar plans. Also you get free billing software and everything you asked for.

yeh check out resellerzoom.com but if you are looking for cheaper than that then ou could try something like skatewhale.com

Rockrz has a very important point; hosting companies that register domains for you usually end up holding your domain hostage if you were to leave their hosting company for any reason. I've seen it time and time again.
    Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

Quote Originally Posted by niyogi
    Rockrz has a very important point; hosting companies that register domains for you usually end up holding your domain hostage if you were to leave their hosting company for any reason. I've seen it time and time again.
    Roj
    Well... I see many other reputation hosts provide hosting accounts and domains without any problem. Customers have full access to their domain names. It's not adversiting, but we have registered thousand domain names for our customers, no complain at all. Just make sure to choose the right provider, then you will be fine

resellerzoom.com

if you DO NOT want/need to receive email they are good.
    But if your like most folks and need email service too with your hosting services(gee use to, this came all in the same package) then you better go else where.

Grace five that's not true, just because you may have had a bad experience doesn't mean everyone else will. Hosting companies can't be 100 percent perfect and they do make mistakes. My email works great and i have no issues with them at all.

Good for you,glad your email works.I don't expect a perfect host,but I feel email service is not asking too much.

I really did not post for any other reason than to warn the thread starter.If I would have known before the problems they have I would have obtain another provider and would not be moving all my accts ... again.

Quote Originally Posted by grace5
    resellerzoom.com

if you DO NOT want/need to receive email they are good.
    But if your like most folks and need email service too with your hosting services(gee use to, this came all in the same package) then you better go else where.
    Send me an email to kiet[at]hostingzoom.com and I will review your email issue. Every provider will have issues but I fail to see how your statement is accurate which basically say you will not be able to receive email at all with our service.
    IO Zoom
    https://www.iozoom.com

Yes Kiet is right, you are clearly implying that email won't work at all.

You have had email problems with ResellerZoom we understand.

All hosting companies have problems with some of thier services one time or the other and you happened to be there during that time.

You may say you have had issues with thier service but bashing a host and saying that anyone who signs up with them will have email problems is irresponsible and not true at all.
    Last edited by Lpal-Patrick; 11-20-2005 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gate2vn
    Well... I see many other reputation hosts provide hosting accounts and domains without any problem. Customers have full access to their domain names. It's not adversiting, but we have registered thousand domain names for our customers, no complain at all. Just make sure to choose the right provider, then you will be fine
    That's not the point....

There is no reason to have someone else register a domian for you when you can do it yourself for cheap. By doing this yourself you can prevent even the possibility of someone else owning your domain and cutting you off from it.

It also prevent you from leaving a host to go host somewhere else if your first host is having problems, or maybe they all start smoking crack and just let the business go. Crack happens!

Anyone who has a hosting company register and own a domain in their behalf....
    deserves to get ripped off for being so stupid!

Rockrz, read again what I posted. "Customers have full access to their domain names." For our customers, they own their domain names. That's why hundred customers come to us, just for registering domains Also, in many cases, registering domains through reseller is cheaper than doing directly with registrar.

Again, it depends on how the host acts. Bad ones can keep domain names under their name, and customers have no control. But I see many other good ones provide domain name service for their customers, and dont see any complain at all

Quote Originally Posted by gate2vn
    In many cases, registering domains through reseller is cheaper than doing directly with registrar.

Again, it depends on how the host acts. Bad ones can keep domain names under their name, and customers have no control. But I see many other good ones provide domain name service for their customers, and dont see any complain at all
    Cheaper than $8.95 a year and I have absolute, total control over my own domain and nobody even has the slightest chance of taking control of my domain other than me...the rightful owner???

I think not!

People who trust others to handle important things like domain names, money, important posessions...are stupid! They deserve to get ripped off because they are giving someone the opportunity to rip them off.

And, eventually it will happen and it will cause all kinds of problems.
    Why gamble like that when it's not necessary?

Rockrz, it's your idea. if you choose to register domain yourself, it's your opinion. However, do you think who you are, how you are when saying other are stupid? As said, many other good hosts provide domain names for their customers without any complain at all. But you cannot force other to follow your idea.

And how do you think about hosting? When you are a reseller, why your customers believe you? Even when you get your dedicated server, why customers dont go directly to datacenter. Dont say me that no datacenter provides shared hosting, cause I know there are datacenters DO offer shared hosting. Do you think your customers are stupid when signing up account with you???

i recommend you resellerzoom they are support team is very good. if you want to upgrade a dedicated in near future you can upgrade with hostingzoom
    Kind regards

I'm talking about domain names here.

gate2vn, why don't you have someone else register a domain name for you where they are the actual owners of the domain and you are at their mercy...all for nothing?

Only someone who has no clue would do such a thing.
    Someone who is ignorant of the fact that they should be doing this themselves.

It's like asking someone to hold a bunch of money for you, and hope that they don't rip you off...there's absolutely no reason to do this at all because it's completely un-necessary!

Why take risks that aren't necessary?
    Why would anyone do that?

The only reason is because they are ignorant of any better way to do it...and they will eventually get ripped off....and they deserve to for not researching things to find out whassup...which is why they are stupid!

it's the same situation with hosting. Customer registers domain name though a reseller of registrar. It definitely likes customer registers hosting account through someone has server in datacenter. Do you see the difference? Or do you think their website is not very important as their domain name?

I have my own name server, so if my hosting company starts smoking crack....all I have to do is buy hosting elsewhere, upload my sites, and switch the nameserver to my new webspace.

I'll be good in about 24 hours, no problem.
    I'm fully pre-pared for my hosting company to start smoking crack and let their business fall to pieces.

Now, If that happened and they were in control of my domains....I'd be seriously screwed! See the difference?

I can always get more hosting elsewhere, but having control over my domains is critical!

Can't disagree with your there Rockerz.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast