Getting started and keeping motivated

Hi guys,

I'm interested in starting some sort of exercise routine; but honestly I'm not sure where to start. Right now I spend most of the day idle sitting down and I'd like to change that. My main hope is to shed a few pounds and to gain a bit of attractive muscle

I'm trying to get something planned out so that I'm in good shape within a year. What material is recommended to get started and also, are there any good tips on keeping motivated to push harder?

Thanks.

For motivation I find it helpful to listen/watch the following video every few months. It's from a popular motivational speaker and talks about wanting success as badly as you want to breathe.

VudooHosting.com - since 2010
    99.9% Uptime SLA | Premium 24/7 Support
    Money Back Guarantee | 24/7 Monitoring
    Shared - Reseller - Basic Managed VPS - Fully Managed VPS - Minecraft

Hey UnleashedPixel,

Best habit is to break the old ones you are doing now. No soda, no fast food, NO JUNK. Start activities that build your energy and metabolism which increases your stamina. This helps you wake up and sleep better than you are now (if you have these issues). Find a device (smartphone, ipod, iphone) anything that feeds music from a radio such as Pandora, XM, iHeart or Last.FM or listen to MP3's you have that you know will help you the most.

Listen to positive music that drives you to do more and stay active. Keeping a positive mind in what you do will help you have a much clearer outlook on life the things you do. Find friend that likes to workout and do the things you do. This will increase your drive as well and build friendships that will intrigue you to do more.

Here is a simple article that will give you more ideas on how to get started: http://life.gaiam.com/article/5-ways...cise-regularly
    www.PartitionHost.com :: Shared, VPS & Reseller Linux / Windows Servers
    LiteSpeed + Incapsula Ready & Optimized
    Trendy + Breezi + Softaculous + Installatron Site Builders
    Site Migrations :: Easy Transfers With No Risks

I have been using the bodyspace app witch takes workouts off bodybuilding.com for you to use

The movie Bronson works for me

The best motivation - when my girlfriends appreciates my body and appeal as result of the heavy and intensive workouts that i do 3 times a week.
    I have tried many times before, but the best for me was when i quit smoking a few years ago and i joined a local gym. I have joined gyms before, but never lasted for more than a few months. This time I hired a trainer and did the 1st month with a trainer - it really helps a lot and also it keeps your morale high and you talk about eating right and good habits. It improved my posture, my sleep, my work, everything. Now I do my workouts by myself but every 6 months i hire a trainer for a month (you know, the trainers available at the gyms) so he can help me with a new routine, talk about food and eating right and etc.
    Now i don't feel the time i spend in the gym as a burdain or something "i have to do". I enjoy doing it, it is part of my day and even though i am busy as hell i always manage to squeeze an hour - hour and a half for a gym session.

Follow the greatest psychologi but i don't remmeber their names but i have read alot of book of them.

Hi,In my own opinion, Its never easy to get fit at once, we really have to get started with a goal to continue. It is just like a strenght training. It will not have effective and substantial results without the right diet. I guess, that it is relevant to have it as one's goal in every training or in getting fit to achieve a very good result.

Maintaining motivation is extremely difficult Apparently I know that it is taking for their projects and regularly working on them should not depend on my humor. But sometimes it is just stronger than me. Especially if I go back tired from work and sit for doing other job. After many hours of normal work, a man in the house want just simply sit back and relax, and not to start another task requiring a lot of energy and concentration.

One of the things that helps me is to focus on trying to fit back into clothes and shirts that used to fit me well while I was in my mid 20's. Since September I have been using a hands free elliptical for about an 1 hour per day and trying to slowly and realistically lose pounds by Black Friday. My motivation is to not only get back into jeans that I used to wear back when I was younger but also to buy new clothes. It's working well but it's not as fast I'd hope but in actuality losing weight slowly is the best for avoiding stretch marks and overall health.
    There are many places you can go to Make an Email Address that is reliable and secure.
    Check our registration prices if you are looking to Buy A Domain Name with 24/7 service that's second-to-none.

Awesome motivational video

Quote Originally Posted by Vudoo View Post
    For motivation I find it helpful to listen/watch the following video every few months. It's from a popular motivational speaker and talks about wanting success as badly as you want to breathe.

I know this is an older thread but, awesome motivational video, just what I needed to hear. Thank you for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Vudoo View Post

Thank you for this video!

It's my biggest problem. I have reached a near very good level on a number of occasions but something always happens to my motivation and I won't see a gym for 6 months, then the process starts again!