ResellerClub - Suspended 80+ domains

ResellerClub suspended 80+ domains including the domains which hosting name servers.

Some of those suspended domains are registered in 2009.

They have suspended all those domains and customer account due to few domains being listed in urlvoid.com without providing any evidence of abuse by telling those domains has violate AUP.

Can registrar act like its their own kingdom by taking resellers business offline ?

I have been ResellerClub customer since 2007 and spend over 20k with them, now I have no confidant to be with them.

Still they have not activated name server domain even after explained them calling India over half an hour.
    Last edited by Zimple; 11-15-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimple View Post
    ResellerClub suspended 80+ domains including the domains which hosting name servers.

Some of those suspended domains are registered in 2009.

They have suspended all those domains and customer account due to few domains being listed in urlvoid.com without providing any evidence of abuse by telling those domains has violate AUP.

Can registrar act like its their own kingdom by taking resellers business offline ?

I have been ResellerClub customer since 2007 and spend over 20k with them, now I have no confidant to be with them.

Still they have not activated name server domain even explain them calling India over half an hour.
    Ouch, I wonder if this is some sort new policy from the EIG buy out a year ago.

They do suspend your domains if you are listed on Blacklists, it's always happened, sometimes it's the IP blacklist and it's a pain and now EIG own it, it's either sort it or loose it, so if I was you, sort it and move. They are getting crap.

Were the websites hosted with ResellerClub or you just had the domain names registered there?

Quote Originally Posted by Techno View Post
    Were the websites hosted with ResellerClub or you just had the domain names registered there?
    I believe just the domains. I only had domains hosted there when my dns one got suspended.

Sadly for you, they've done it

It is unlikely they would suspend domains 'willy nilly' without having some sort of evidence, and you should ask for it, if you are disputing.

I had similar issue but only for one client domain (suspended without evidence, proof etc...). Chatting with logicboxes directly (in their text chat) was helpful. They didn't / couldn't / wouldn't provide any proof of abuse whatsoever and just requested documentation from the registered domain owner.

The client was asked to provide the following:

1. Purpose of registration of the domain name
    2. Company registration details on company letter head
    3. Photo identification proof
    4. Address proof to verify the whois details

logicboxes will also provide this info to the third party site the domain(s) is/are listed on, who will remove, and logicboxes will unsuspend if they *both* find the info provided to be legitimate.

The client was asked to send information here: abuse[at]logicboxes.com

HTH

Good luck!
    Last edited by LampNetworks; 11-15-2014 at 10:12 PM.

If you didn't get a reply OP email abuse as stated above.

I had this reply when I had issues:

Hello,

The domain was reported as it was blacklisted on http://www.spamhaus.org/query/domain/domain.pw .

We have enabled the domain services, as it is no longer listed.

You are kindly requested to take necessary precautionary measures to prevent such instances in future.

Feel free to contact us incase you have any queries.

Regards,
    Abuse Mitigation Team
    ResellerClub.
    Reply no. 2:

Hello,

The domain was suspended as it was listed at http://www.spamhaus.org/, which is one of the reputed blacklist engines that track malicious websites involved in spam, malware etc.

It appears that the issue has been resolved and the domain is no longer listed. Hence, we have enabled the domain services.

For future reference, you can check on site such as http://www.urlvoid.com/ , which provide a consolidated log of blacklist engines were a domain may be listed.

Feel free to contact us incase you have any additional queries.

Regards,
    Abuse Mitigation Team
    ResellerClub.
    Hope it helps.

Yes, its true. there were few domain listed. But how they can suspend all domains registered under customer account without any notification ?

Some of those domains just running as private name servers. when those domain suspend none of sites works.

Quote Originally Posted by Licensecart-Mike View Post
    If you didn't get a reply OP email abuse as stated above.

I had this reply when I had issues:

Reply no. 2:

Hope it helps.

Yes, its true. there were few domain listed. But how they can suspend all domains registered under customer account without any notification ?

Some of those domains just running as private name servers. when those domain suspend none of sites works.
    Sadly mate that's RC for you and it's worse now EIG own them.

Quote Originally Posted by Licensecart-Mike View Post
    Sadly mate that's RC for you and it's worse now EIG own them.
    Yeah, couldn't find place to move. May be Godaddy,

Yeah, couldn't find place to move. May be Godaddy,
    After a few years I'm hoping to move to OpenSRS mate.

With ResellerClub it only takes a fake abuse e-mail to get the domain suspended.
    LoopByte
    India Based Dedicated Servers, VPS & Hosting Services

Quote Originally Posted by ovais View Post
    With ResellerClub it only takes a fake abuse e-mail to get the domain suspended.
    Like Idiots suspend whole customer account when few domains flagged as abuse. I'm customer since 2007.

Started moving out to somewhere. Still looking for Reliable provider to transfer the domains which host name servers of over 4000 web sites.

Hello Zimple,

I am Donesh Laher and I work in the Abuse Mitigation Team of ResellerClub. Regarding your issue, I request you to provide me with your Reseller id or a domain to check the issue from my end. You could respond to us on PM to secure your personal information.

We would like to make it very clear that we adhere to clear guidelines in abuse detection and mitigation and we suggest that you present both sides of the story. Just to make you aware of our process, yes we do suspend domain names in bulk after a thorough process of verification - if and only if, they trigger certain alarm indicators, these include:

1. Majority of the domain names under the customer / reseller account are already suspended previously, for being involved in any abusive activities - since our stats indicate that the remaining domain names in the portfolio are likely to be used for the same nature of abuse.

2. While scanning domain names, if they are found to be blacklisted on any real time blacklists.

However, before suspending any domain names, we do notify the associated reseller and provide them with a stipulated time-frame to take actions from their end. Only when the reseller fails to take action, we suspend the domain names.

Hence please provide us with the requested details at the earliest so that we can give you the exact reason for why your domains were suspended.

Best Regards,

Donesh Laher
    Cyber Security Expert
    Abuse Mitigation Team
    ResellerClub

my first reaction is to suggest that your own names, including names that the business relies upon, be on one account. Perhaps something such as namecheap would be suitable for this (with 2 factor authentication) to help protect business critical domains.

Then for your clients, you can host them with other options, and I see that openSRS has already been listed as one suitable alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_matt View Post
    my first reaction is to suggest that your own names, including names that the business relies upon, be on one account. Perhaps something such as namecheap would be suitable for this (with 2 factor authentication) to help protect business critical domains.

Then for your clients, you can host them with other options, and I see that openSRS has already been listed as one suitable alternative.
    Yes, accept that. now I have better understanding about it. I will be moving own domains to enom. Because they are running name servers, need to realize way to transfer those without outage.

Already have 2000+ domains under RC and their subordinates, need to find out smooth way to transfer out those from Directi.

Quote Originally Posted by Donesh Laher View Post
    Hello Zimple,

However, before suspending any domain names, we do notify the associated reseller and provide them with a stipulated time-frame to take actions from their end. Only when the reseller fails to take action, we suspend the domain names.

Best Regards,

Donesh Laher
    Cyber Security Expert
    Abuse Mitigation Team
    ResellerClub

You never notified about the domains before suspension. First you suspended 4 domains, but 2 of them were not listed in blacklist. When I requested information why those suspended, you suspended all the domain under customer account including the customer account. [ this customer accounts belongs to myself. When offer domains to client free of charge, those domain registered under my account, that is why this account got over 80 domains]

After suspension, i got below,
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Abuse
    Based on the explanation provided above, we have suspended the above mentioned domain names and the customer account

That list included domains which runs the name servers. Still some of those domain are suspended which runs the name servers.

I had to setup different name servers and give customers to change the name servers. Still name servers are propagating.

After calling, sending justifications you guys UN-suspended few of them. But still list of them are pending. Almost all those customers lost or had to give alternatives.

You kept some of name server domains suspended over 12 hours and again some of them were not suspend due to .com registry out-age.

I have no trust to run business with RC.

Will share ticket id with you, you can review the same.

You never notified about the domains before suspension. First you suspended 4 domains, but 2 of them were not listed in blacklist. When I requested information why those suspended, you suspended all the domain under customer account including the customer account. [ this customer accounts belongs to myself. When offer domains to client free of charge, those domain registered under my account, that is why this account got over 80 domains]

After suspension, i got below,

That list included domains which runs the name servers. Still some of those domain are suspended which runs the name servers.

I had to setup different name servers and give customers to change the name servers. Still name servers are propagating.

After calling, sending justifications you guys UN-suspended few of them. But still list of them are pending. Almost all those customers lost or had to give alternatives.

You kept some of name server domains suspended over 12 hours and again some of them were not suspend due to .com registry out-age.

I have no trust to run business with RC.

Will share ticket id with you, you can review the same.
    I don't blame you mate I lost trust when Directi sold up to EIG, it just rings warning bells in my head. They don't care about us (as customers)... why should we?

I no-longer use my account I'm a reseller of a mate who uses them, as I don't want to give them money at all. But my mate needs business so But I am moving to OpenSRS shortly, they have no connection to EIG via LogicBoxes as-well.

Hello Zimple,

Thank you for providing us with the required informations. The ticket id assigned for this case is WZU-409-49055.

We will provide you with a detailed explanation on the same ticket within next 12 hours. Your patience in this matter will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Donesh Laher
    Cyber Security Expert
    Abuse Mitigation Team
    ResellerClub

Quote Originally Posted by Donesh Laher View Post
    Hello Zimple,

Thank you for providing us with the required informations. The ticket id assigned for this case is WZU-409-49055.

We will provide you with a detailed explanation on the same ticket within next 12 hours. Your patience in this matter will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Donesh Laher
    Cyber Security Expert
    Abuse Mitigation Team
    ResellerClub
    Hope enter reseller account will not suspend.