Thread: VPS Management

VPS Management

I saw this in the advertising forums once, but I couldn't find it lately. I'm looking for a management company that manages the VPS box altogether and also charges for managing each VPS on a per VPS basis. Can you mention some people that do that?

Thanks guys.
    Right Servers Inc. - Fully Managed VPS and Fully Managed Bare Metal Servers in US & Canada. We want to empower entrepreneurs to grow their business, not their IT headaches. Managed is better.
    High Availability | SSD | DirectAdmin & Softaculous | Daily Backups |Firewall & Security |30 Day Money Back Guarantee

is more cheaper buy a vps box in a Managed provider than buy a unmanaged vps and then a outsouced managed company.

Quote Originally Posted by domotre View Post
    is more cheaper buy a vps box in a Managed provider than buy a unmanaged vps and then a outsouced managed company.
    It depends on what you want. Yes, managed services bundled with VPS (or with some additional premium fees) can be cheaper than buying the VPS and management separately.

However, if you are after quality service, it is better to get management service separately. Management services could be as cheap as a few ten dollars a month to a few hundred. Anyway, what you pay is actually what you will get.

Thanks.

Well just because management is affordable, does not always mean it is not that of quality. You're not going to pay $200 for a VPS just because it has management bundled.

Nobody can recommend anything?

I was thinking of either partnering up with somebody with the skills and form a seperate entity to deal with VPS's or find a nice management company to handle that.

Maybe I'll post in the owning a hosting business forum.

If you can still recommend anybody I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.
    Right Servers Inc. - Fully Managed VPS and Fully Managed Bare Metal Servers in US & Canada. We want to empower entrepreneurs to grow their business, not their IT headaches. Managed is better.
    High Availability | SSD | DirectAdmin & Softaculous | Daily Backups |Firewall & Security |30 Day Money Back Guarantee

Hi

touchsupport.com offers VPS management if you have the main VPS node under their server management plan.

Regards,
    DirectorioVPS · List of VPS plans around the world
    ComunidadHosting · The Largest Web Hosting Forum In Spanish!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelfoo View Post
    It depends on what you want. Yes, managed services bundled with VPS (or with some additional premium fees) can be cheaper than buying the VPS and management separately.

However, if you are after quality service, it is better to get management service separately. Management services could be as cheap as a few ten dollars a month to a few hundred. Anyway, what you pay is actually what you will get.

Thanks.

Yes, but there are few high quality managed providers that offer proactive support in your vps as well

Wiredtree.com
    Liquidweb.com
    Powervps.com
    Servint.com

Quote Originally Posted by domotre View Post
    Yes, but there are few high quality managed providers that offer proactive support in your vps as well
    Please define *proactive* in your own terms.

Last time I checked, neither of those providers (perhaps with the exception of WiredTree) offer proactive updates to VPS software...

Proactive for me mean if anything fail they fixed the problem before you submit a ticket

But it's not only about anything failing. It's also about proactive updates to server (VPS) software like OS, control panel, etc. It's also about security, which is not a one time job. It's also about proactive optimization of services. If you mean proactive monitoring, that would be just one part of a big whole that means *proactive* server administration.

Are we still talking about the same thing here? I'm talk about them managing a dedicated server with a bunch of VPSs on it, not just managing a VPS.

Thanks for the help guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedicatedone View Post
    Are we still talking about the same thing here?
    At least I am. Did you see my suggestion above?

Regards,

Im pretty sure most companies only manage there vps's they sale, not vps's you setup on your server. For example if you buy a vps from liquidweb it would be managed, if you buy a dedicated from liquid web and divided it into multiple vps's i dont think they would manage the vps's you create, but i may be wrong..

If i am i need to sign up with liquid web
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!
    A Resellers Dream, In a Box

Apolo, I got your suggestion and thank you for that.

I think I may just partner up with a VPS company that has the technical skills and I'll provide the resources. I don't think any management company would be as flexible, not for a good price at least.

Thanks guys.

Check under "Systems Management Offers" section of this forum. You will find companies that provides VPS management.
    Blessen Cherian
    Follow me on twitter.com/blessenonly
    Two decade in Web Hosting Industry

afaik www.rackco.com sells vps and also provide support for them

Read the post before posting. Not looking to get a managed VPS. I'm looking for a management company to manage the VPS nodes I'll be hosting.

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I think I'm just going to go down the technical partner path and team up with somebody that knows what they're doing.

You might want to check platinumservermanagement.com, known as PSM. They have a very good reputation in server management (Linux OS and Cpanel control panels ONLY) but Im not too sure if they also manage VPS' on dedicated servers. Have a chat with their sales rep and see what they have to say. Best of luck in finding your partner!
    virtual insanity