Exclamation

Hi everyone,

The Website Reviews forum has been taking off! Thanks to all the reviewees for offering their site to be slaughtered and torn to bits..... errrrrrr.... reviewed, and thanks to all the other reviewers for taking time out to help each other with their sites and offer valuable feedback from different perspectives.

While all the reviews are going great, I would ask the following :

Reviewers : please try not to limit your reviews to one-liners, as they are usually as useful as a bunch of flies trying to kill a dinosaur. (Ok, stupid analogy, but you get my idea) I would ask that you offer as much feedback as you can in terms of whatever aspects you can pick out from your perspective, so that the reviewee can get as much benefit as possible. Of course, one liners may be accepted if you have absolutely nothing to say and wish to compliment the reviewee on an excellent site

The other reason, of course, for avoiding one-liner reviews as much as possible is the possible perception that you are simply boosting your 'post count' and eventually your user status, which is frankly just ridiculous

Reviewees : you're most welcome to ask for a second or third or fourth or xth round (uhmm.. well there might be a ceiling to that x no., but I don't think anyone would be sooooo extreme ) - much like Tabernack did. Don't feel shy!

P.S. If reviewees are scared by me, Mr. Nitpicky Reviewer of the Year, please say so and I will try to be gentle My reviews are always harsh but fair

Thanks for your attention - you may now return to your normal station. Cheers!

Originally posted by BC
    Hi everyone,

Reviewers : please try not to limit your reviews to one-liners, as they are usually as useful as a bunch of flies trying to kill a dinosaur. (Ok, stupid analogy, but you get my idea) I would ask that you offer as much feedback as you can in terms of whatever aspects you can pick out from your perspective, so that the reviewee can get as much benefit as possible. Of course, one liners may be accepted if you have absolutely nothing to say and wish to compliment the reviewee on an excellent site

The other reason, of course, for avoiding one-liner reviews as much as possible is the possible perception that you are simply boosting your 'post count' and eventually your user status, which is frankly just ridiculous

Reviewees : you're most welcome to ask for a second or third or fourth or xth round (uhmm.. well there might be a ceiling to that x no., but I don't think anyone would be sooooo extreme ) - much like Tabernack did. Don't feel shy!

I personally think that you're partially right about oneliners. But for example I do review as I surf net, if I look at site and see that site have something good or bad I focus my attention to it.
    You make very good reviews, but I think that you spend a lot of time on it. Other peoples can't have so much time. So I think that even shorter review is better than none at all.

Hey BC.. common.. I was just starting to have fun

Well, yea, I was thinking the same thing, and I shall make my reviews more insightful.
    The Php Support Desk
    http://www.phpsupportdesk.com
    Custom programming - kunal @ e-phoria.com
    http://www.pingzine.com - Ping!Zine. the FREE, FRESH and EXCITING Web Hosting Magazine...

Some sites don't need more than a one-line review... lol.

Wink Hmmmm

Originally posted by BC
    Hi everyone,

The Website Reviews forum has been taking off! Thanks to all the reviewees for offering their site to be slaughtered and torn to bits..... errrrrrr.... reviewed, and thanks to all the other reviewers for taking time out to help each other with their sites and offer valuable feedback from different perspectives.

While all the reviews are going great, I would ask the following :

P.S. If reviewees are scared by me, Mr. Nitpicky Reviewer of the Year, please say so and I will try to be gentle My reviews are always harsh but fair

Thanks for your attention - you may now return to your normal station. Cheers!
    I never give out one.....................................................................................................................

Liners

Dana aka Laci My Alter Ego
    Former WHT Moderator

Worldwide Period Shortage

Dana, there's currently a shortage of periods throughout the Internet. Please use them more sparingly, lest there be none left for others; requiring us to leave out essential punctuation at the ends of sentences

Re: Worldwide Period Shortage

Originally posted by etLux
    Dana, there's currently a shortage of periods throughout the Internet. Please use them more sparingly, lest there be none left for others; requiring us to leave out essential punctuation at the ends of sentences
    Dont talk to a woman about . ROTFL!
    Dana aka Laci My Alter Ego
    Former WHT Moderator

Errrr...... Let's keep this clean, shall we, and refer to the ............ not the ladies' version..
    My 2 Cents.... (or is that 2.2 cents inc. GST...?)

Have a think about this : Programming is like sex. Make a single little mistake, and you'll be supporting it for the rest of your life.

lol
    The Php Support Desk
    http://www.pingzine.com - Ping!Zine. the FREE, FRESH and EXCITING Web Hosting Magazine...

I had nothing to do with any of this. I wasn't even here, today; in fact, I was over there. Wait. As a matter of fact, I wasn't over there, either, but somewhere else entirely.

Excuses, excuses

Have a think about this : Programming is like sex. Make a single little mistake, and you'll be supporting it for the rest of your life.

Perverts
    The Php Support Desk

Who, me? Nawwwwwwwwwwwwww etLux's the pervert in all of this - he started all of this *points finger*

*breaks under pressure*

Yes, yes, it was me me me me me -- whatever it is, I did it. Not only that, I did it again and again and again.

You sound like that doctor in 3rd Rock from the son.
    The Php Support Desk

Re: Re: Worldwide Period Shortage

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dana
    [B]
    Originally posted by etLux

Dont talk to a woman about . ROTFL!
    *lmao* Thanks Dana, best laugh I've had all day

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.