Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by orangesarecool View Post
    So I asked where I can get offers, and then people started to talk about other things lol.
    I wish you and your new host luck.
    Travis Stoliker
    Liquid Web - Dedicated Hosting with Heroic Support
    StormOnDemand - Flexible Cloud Hosting Infrastructure
    1-800-580-4985 | Twitter: @liquidweb | @StormOnDemand
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidWebTravis View Post
    I wish you and your new host luck.

thank you
    %%-
      0 Not allowed!

I do not feel comfortable discussing the specifics of your account in a public forum. Please keep in mind you are NOT talking to Liquid Web in this forum, you are talking to a former employee that is entitled to their own opinion. If you wish to discuss this with us further, please contact us and a supervisor will explain the situation again. I sincerely hope that you next provider can provide the services which you desire.
    I find it a bit disturbing to see a former employee discussing the specifics of the account, regardless of the circumstances. Are employees subject to confidentiality agreements? (which would/should likely extend beyond their term of employment)
      0 Not allowed!

Almost as bad as the customer we just migrated from LW who had a quad quad core, 92gb ram and 10 disk in raid 0 and LW still couldn't figure out why his apache was slow as dog ****.... Surprise!
    'Ripcord'ing is the only way!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JG View Post
    I find it a bit disturbing to see a former employee discussing the specifics of the account, regardless of the circumstances. Are employees subject to confidentiality agreements? (which would/should likely extend beyond their term of employment)
    What specifics are you referring to? The former employee, which I have no control over, did not discuss anything specific to the account or sensitive information. (It's not ideal but it's not something I have control over)
    Travis Stoliker
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Visbits View Post
    Almost as bad as the customer we just migrated from LW who had a quad quad core, 92gb ram and 10 disk in raid 0 and LW still couldn't figure out why his apache was slow as dog ****.... Surprise!
    What is the ticket number for this claim?
    Travis Stoliker
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Visbits View Post
    what?
    is this in response to something i said?
      0 Not allowed!

what?
    is this in response to something i said?
    Nope, it's a completely unrelated claim that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

I await a ticket number...
    Travis Stoliker
      0 Not allowed!

Let's see here, I quoted it below. I see descriptions of the type and frequency of tickets opened by the customer, a "trainwreck" description of the servers, multiple descriptions of the customer's willingness to comply with terms, and a description of the customer's servers as being "oversold".

Seems specific to me. I am a satisfied Liquid Web customer. I was just asking whether my interactions with your staff are protected from being posted on a public forum?

I am no longer able to sit idly by and listen to the drek OAC is spouting in this thread.

I worked for Liquid Web for two years, and personally spent many, many hours working on orangesarecool's servers in three different departments. Despite the customer opening a dozen tickets in as many minutes, often with "OMG WTF?!?!?! lol " as the *only* text/problem description within the ticket, LW's techs worked with her to the best of our abilities.

LW managed her overloaded servers and her overheated self for as long as they were able, before finally (after many warnings,) moving her to an unmanaged state. When the customer refuses to follow any stabilizing advice, continually abuses the admins trying to help her (calling someone an a$$ was the least of it, f-bombs were frequently unleashed) shrieks hysterically on the phone, opens multiple tickets within several minutes for the same problem, and refuses to communicate in a professional and fitting manner... LW was left with little choice. Supervisors and techs alike asked her repeatedly to mind a civil tongue - she refused.

The hours spent daily on OAC's trainwreck servers was unreasonable. She needs her own admin, but cannot afford to hire one. I understand not having enough money to hire an admin, and I sympathize with her stress when the sites were down and her customers freaked out. Had she been polite and professional, or had she not directly acted in completely opposite ways to our advice, or had she followed our TOS, or (et cetera,) she could very likely have salvaged her managed status.

LW's techs remain some of the most dedicated in the industry. Everyone there wants the customer to be happy, wants them to succeed, wants the sites to be up and running well - but after getting slapped repeatedly in the face, doing our best anyhow, and getting kicked in the proverbial nads time after time despite the hours we put in... well, as you can imagine, that gets old.

OAC had LW's highest level of support for a long time. She abused it almost daily. On top of the staff abuse and refusal to follow security and stability advice, it's just not reasonable to expect four to ten hours of support for her servers almost daily without paying additional fees.

If she oversold the boxes less, if she allowed ModSecurity to do its job, heck, if she allowed LW to do their jobs, she'd be in better shape. Looking back at everything they did for her and reading over this thread, I am stunned at her portrayal of her experience with LW. This is a wildly inaccurate description.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi can someone give me the link to a sub-forum where I can look for someone to help me migrate, or take server offers? there are too many sub-forums I don't know where it is
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JG View Post
    Let's see here, I quoted it below. I see descriptions of the type and frequency of tickets opened by the customer, a "trainwreck" description of the servers, multiple descriptions of the customer's willingness to comply with terms, and a description of the customer's servers as being "oversold".

Seems specific to me. I am a satisfied Liquid Web customer. I was just asking whether my interactions with your staff are protected from being posted on a public forum?
    Yes, we protect your privacy. We have a privacy policy listed on our website that you can refer to. This is exactly why I haven't participated in this thread.
    Travis Stoliker
      0 Not allowed!

What is the ticket number for this claim?
    I'd like to know that as well. A 10 disk RAID 0 doesn't sound like something we'd normally sell any way.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi can someone give me the link to a sub-forum where I can look for someone to help me migrate, or take server offers? there are too many sub-forums I don't know where it is
    Sure - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140

You can't take offers, you'll have to contact each company you're interested in.

If you continue to treat company's like the ex-LW technician described no company is going to want to touch you with a 10 foot stick.
      0 Not allowed!

If you continue to treat company's like the ex-LW technician described no company is going to want to touch you with a 10 foot stick.
    Not likely, but platitudes go a long way.
      0 Not allowed!

Please keep in mind you are NOT talking to Liquid Web in this forum, you are talking to a former employee that is entitled to their own opinion.
    Sorry but i have to ask this, as in Europe all this would be cause for some serious lawsuits.
    Several former employees of LW seem to express their opinion in this thread. This makes me a little ... well.... lets put it like this:
    Usually employee / employer agreements are constructed in such way, that the clients privacy and details are protected, as well as any information the employee obtained while in the employers service. Does LW not have such provisions in place?

Questions to Liquidweb:

- Can any former employee of Liquidweb legally comment in public on customers of Liquidweb ?

- Does Liquidweb have any customer privacy protection in place? specifically protection against opinions or disclosures of former LW employees?

- What actions will Liquidweb undertake against former employees that break contracts and provisions, to protect the clients of Liquidweb against former employees of Liquidweb ?

Since privacy laws are there for a reason, i would say. This would certainly not be tolerated by most companies.

Yes, we protect your privacy. We have a privacy policy listed on our website that you can refer to. This is exactly why I haven't participated in this thread.
    Will you protect your clients against disclosures of former employees? how far can they go before you take action?

--------

On a side note: i do sympathize with you ex-employees who try to help protect their ex-employers good brand reputation, but unfortunately its not the right thing to do - since its illegal in most countries and not according to the agreement in most if not all agreements between employer and employee.
    Last edited by swiftnoc; 04-02-2011 at 02:55 PM.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.
      0 Not allowed!

I am not a lawyer. I would have to refer you to our attorneys.
    Travis Stoliker
      0 Not allowed!

I am not a lawyer. I would have to refer you to our attorneys.
    Maybe your legal department can answer these questions here, as i assume that it would put current Liquidweb customers and prospects at ease, to get a formal statement on this.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by swiftnoc View Post
    Maybe your legal department can answer these questions here, as i assume that it would put current Liquidweb customers and prospects at ease, to get a formal statement on this.
    I would have to have our lawyers get back to you. Since you are in the same business, I'm curious, what is your company policy on these questions?
      0 Not allowed!

Usually employee / employer agreements are constructed in such way, that the clients privacy and details are protected, as well as any information the employee obtained while in the employers service.
    Those agreements are worthless under US federal law - yes, you cannot post customers data (like address etc.) but briefly describe it like the above post did.
    Again one of the weird US Laws based on their First Amendment, that somebody missread again (as usual) and wrote a law about it.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by EDIS View Post
    Those agreements are worthless under US federal law -
    They are not, the key word here is: CONFIDENTIALITY.Ever heard of a non disclosure agreement? disclosure of confidential information? Screening of public releases of information?
    This does not fall under the first amendment and is something the company should have in its agreement with employees to protect its customers and their own business.
    The OP can sue LW and would very likely win the courtcase. LW can then sue their ex employees (and will likely win) but at this point, i think everyone can better start making up with each other and do some damage control.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by swiftnoc View Post
    The Ex employee didn't give away any personal information. As long as everything the ex employee said is true they aren't breaking any US laws.
      0 Not allowed!

This does not fall under the first amendment and is something the company should have in its agreement with employees to protect its customers and their own business.
    It does, as he did not post any SPECIFIC data - contact a US lawyer and he will tell you the same.
    This however does not mean there cannot be a civil lawsuit, but chances are low of winning it without substantial proof that he exactly meant THIS person ("assuming" does not count).
      0 Not allowed!

I would have to have our lawyers get back to you. Since you are in the same business, I'm curious, what is your company policy on these questions?
    Since you ask:
    We have very strong confidentially clauses in the agreements with our employees.
    If ex-employees start to attack a customer on a public forum or disclose any information about the account - then we would get seriously worried, as the client can very likely kick our ass in court and after that, we can get recourse with our ex employee for breaking the clauses.
    Nonetheless, we would likely be very exposed indeed.

-- Again from a human point of view, i understand the responses. From a legal point of view, its certainly not in the best interest of any of the parties involved.

Quote Originally Posted by EDIS View Post
    It does, as he did not post any SPECIFIC data - contact a US lawyer and he will tell you the same.
    This however does not mean there cannot be a civil lawsuit, but chances are low of winning it without substantial proof that he exactly meant THIS person ("assuming" does not count).
    Did you actually read this post?
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...1&postcount=91

Seems pretty specific to me.
      0 Not allowed!

Luckily we have this thing called freedom of speech... I don't think you can hold LW responsible for anything an EX employee says either. Anything they say would be on their shoulders and libel laws only apply if what is posted is not true.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfist224 View Post
    Luckily we have this thing called freedom of speech... I don't think you can hold LW responsible for anything an EX employee says either.
    Freedom of speech covers disclosure of confidential client information? i am sure it does not.
    "I Disagree with the statements of the OP" <--- Freedom of speech. Some of the things ex-employees told and disclosed should not be covered by freedom of speech.
    You may disagree, but i want to bet on the fact that the US court would agree with me. Therefore LW can better start do some damage control, as this might spin out of control rapidly.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast