* Windows 2003 vs. Windows 2008 - What is the difference for Windows Media Services!

Hello,

I was actually curious about this since Windows 2008 version came out.

What is the difference between Windows media services on Windows 2003 and Windows 2008?

Any idea?

It is not installed by default (you must download and install it separately). Also, MMS streaming is no longer supported. There might be other gotchas. If you are looking for a dedicated WMS server, you should probably stick with 2003.
    Fast Serv Networks, LLC | AS29889 | DDOS Protected | Managed Cloud, Streaming, Dedicated Servers, Colo by-the-U
    Since 2003 - Ashburn VA + San Diego CA Datacenters

I HAD a few 2k8 servers... and they aren't the best OS out there. The only time its good is if your a company reselling VPS(Data center 64 bit only), but theres a catch... you can't limit just one VPS "X GB Transfer".
    Jacob Wall

Here, this may help you decide for yourself.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...r/version.aspx

Does anyone know if there is "plug-ins" to WIN2003 to add other media files (ie: vob. avi. mkv. ?). Converting is a hassle. To its Windows Media Service.

Quote Originally Posted by peruviantalk View Post
    Does anyone know if there is "plug-ins" to WIN2003 to add other media files (ie: vob. avi. mkv. ?). Converting is a hassle. To its Windows Media Service.
    I don't think this is possible. But there are other server based encoder which does this right?