Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    A good web design will entice others to stay on the page and have a look around. If your page does not send a good first impression, many will leave. With that first impression, you want the page to load fast and be attractive to the eye. You do not want it crammed full of crap that the visitor will have to squint and weed through stuff to find the answer they are looking for. Simple designs often work the best.

You only have a limited amount of type to keep someone on your site. With a good design you can lure them to useful content on your site, thus gaining their time and attention.

I feel that a good website design is very important to draw visitors in. I do not like to look at sites that are not attractive. In fact, if they are not appealing to me, they are probably not appealing to others as well. I think that the colors one uses is important. And the font should be easy to read, content should not be crammed into the site either. I do not want to squint to read the info that I am looking for.

It is very important to have a good website design, because it ll attract the users to the maximum extent if you have something good to show them upfront. On the other hand, When a website is not properly laid out then the users get easily offended soon and they ll never visit your site again. So, always create a website design which is user friendly and easy to use.

A good design can be devided into multiple factors.

1. Design and Asthetics
    2. Load times - how fast your sites loads, because some website that take more than 30 seconds to load will end up closed or leaved by visitors.
    3. Content - how unique or good information that led a visitor to your site, because they are looking for information.

A great web design also should grab the visitor's attention within the first 20 seconds after loading or the rest really doesn't matter.It is very important to have a good website design, because it ll attract the users to the maximum extent if you have something good to show them upfront.

A good design catches the visitors attraction. Plus first impression is important.

THIS. It's the most important thing for a lot of people.

When I first click on a site, my immediate thoughts go to branding and the layout. Especially on commerce sites, a good site makes you feel comfortable and safe.

Also if somebody can't be bothered to make their site easy to navigate and good to look at (which is remarkably easy with the range of CMS & customisable themes available) then why should we use their site when the internet has an abundance of information.

Quote Originally Posted by ignition5 View Post
    You only have a limited amount of type to keep someone on your site. With a good design you can lure them to useful content on your site, thus gaining their time and attention.

* why?

Your website is your image to the world. What do you want that to look like? A mediocre website portrays a mediocre image.
    Ask yourself a question:

Would you want to engage with a mediocre company if you were searching for a product or service?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234