Possible to avoid using own domain as nameserver?

Hello!

I recently got myself a VPS again after many years. I noticed that when purchasing the server, as usual, i had to include a domain name that I already owned in order to continue the purchase.

But i've realized that the domain I entered now is the nameserver for my server.

If i remember correctly, i used to be able to use the hosts nameserver to link all my domains to.

eg: ns1.solarvps.com, etc

Is there any way I can go back to this style? The reason being is that I don't want my other domains to point to this domain that i set up the server with or any of my other domains, for that matter.

Btw, I contacted my host and they said i could only change which domain is the nameserver and that I couldn't use their nameserver.

Thanks for any help guys!
    mag9

There are certainly some hosts that support what you need. In fact, I thought it more standard to use the host's name servers rather than forcing you to use your own.
    ███ OrcsWeb: Managed Windows Hosting -> Remarkable Service; Remarkable Support.
    ███ CloudServers.com: Windows & Linux Cloud VPS Hosting

Well...

Well you could get another domain name and make your VPS point to that then make an account with cPanel or something with the domain for your business site and use it like that.

With the main domain name you could just put a contact email and a fancy picture or something.

Hope this helped!

You can still use the default ip addresses provided to you, and not necessarily register them as nameservers.
    █▌ Cheapest Domain Registration Service & Shared Hosting Solutions .
    █▌ Skrill, Perfect Money, AdvCash, Webmoney,Monero, Neteller, BitCoin, Payeer, Crypto.
    █▌ Instant Domain Name Registration - Over 700+ Extensions x3reg.com!

Quote Originally Posted by hostnesta View Post
    You can still use the default ip addresses provided to you, and not necessarily register them as nameservers.
    Interesting.. Could you elaborate a little? What would I put in the nameserver field for the domains?

Thanks for all the replies! They have been very helpful.

If you use their nameservers they have to run your DNS. If you want a host that has DNS hosting services outside of your own server, that is a criteria you will need to look for upfront. You can also find DNS hosting services all around. I have no preference, I host my own, but google provides many results.
    Ain't here to spam my signature, I'm not desperate for sales.

You can use something like Point, just add your domains to their DNS manager, and you use their nameservers. What is even better is it is free for 10 domains!
    This account is no longer active!

You could definitely use a DNS provider to host your DNS. That way you can use their nameservers (or sometimes vanity nameservers), and point the domains to your server's IP address.
    Gabe
    Go Daddy® Hosting Ambassador
    GoDaddy.com

Looks interesting, but how reliable are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon-Orqoo View Post
    You can use something like Point, just add your domains to their DNS manager, and you use their nameservers. What is even better is it is free for 10 domains!

Why not purchase another domain for that purpose.
    In case your company name is ABinc.com you could purchase
    something like abhost.com and have your dns named as ns1.abhost.com

Quote Originally Posted by mag9 View Post
    Hello!

I recently got myself a VPS again after many years. I noticed that when purchasing the server, as usual, i had to include a domain name that I already owned in order to continue the purchase.

But i've realized that the domain I entered now is the nameserver for my server.

If i remember correctly, i used to be able to use the hosts nameserver to link all my domains to.

eg: ns1.solarvps.com, etc

Is there any way I can go back to this style? The reason being is that I don't want my other domains to point to this domain that i set up the server with or any of my other domains, for that matter.

Btw, I contacted my host and they said i could only change which domain is the nameserver and that I couldn't use their nameserver.

Thanks for any help guys!
    mag9

Quote Originally Posted by albatroz View Post
    Looks interesting, but how reliable are they?
    I used to use them a couple years ago, and I never noticed any problems with them.
    This account is no longer active!

Yes Its possible, If you have installed control panel then add domain, and Make name servers default as provided by registrar Then create Few ANAMAE record with Your VPS IP.
    *.yourdomain.com to Your VPS IP
    <leave blank>.yourdomain.com >>> To Your VPS IP

Now You have done.
    █ .IN Domain Registration http://www.india.dj
    █ Reseller also available