Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaAnime View Post
    Those two will automatically be setup on every new VPS provisioned. IPv6 will be assigned to your VPS on reboot if there isn't one Already.
    Great job! But I have 16 IPv6 addresses manually assigned before, will I get the /64 block of IPv6 addresses?

Hey there,

As a quick update, we've automated the following things:

- IPv6 addresses
    - TUN device

Those two will automatically be setup on every new VPS provisioned. IPv6 will be assigned to your VPS on reboot if there isn't one Already. Sorry, we can't apply the TUN settings to older VM's so just log a ticket and we'll take care of it.

Thanks!

Francisco
    Great news!

Hey there Surf,

We can't assign you an entire /64 to your interface since that'd be just...a stupid amount of IP's.

Alas with OpenVZ we're required to assign each IP by hand so you just need to open a ticket with us asking for more and we'll gladly assign as many as you like.

@asim - Thanks

Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

We can't assign you an entire /64 to your interface since that'd be just...a stupid amount of IP's.
    Yeah, I know, of course I won't add the entire /64 IPs to my VPS's interface, but I'd like to add new IPs myself when needed. I'm working on a tunnel broker using OpenVPN, and wish to assign every client with a public IPv6 address.

It will be fine for me if that's not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by surftheair View Post
    Yeah, I know, of course I won't add the entire /64 IPs to my VPS's interface, but I'd like to add new IPs myself when needed. I'm working on a tunnel broker using OpenVPN, and wish to assign every client with a public IPv6 address.

It will be fine for me if that's not possible.
    Hey there,

We originally tried to introduce things in a bridged format but it was acting up a lot. But, tell you what, once we're done handling the new node installations and our new thread in the morning, I'll try to solve the bridge and if all goes well i'll assign you your private /64

Thanks,

Francisco
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Thanks Francisco, it's not a must for me, so if you're busy with other stuffs, no need to do this just for me

Quote Originally Posted by surftheair View Post
    Thanks Francisco, it's not a must for me, so if you're busy with other stuffs, no need to do this just for me
    Hey there,

It's no problem, I can work on it for a side project

Thanks for your patience and hope everything is working well!

Francisco

Hey there,

Figured i'd add this here:

We've opened a new thread so if you have any comments or requests please see http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=958533

Thanks,

Francisco

You can test:

IP: 72.52.102.3

Thanks,

Francisco
    The IP apperas to be located in Carson City, Nevada by MaxMind and other geolocation services. Do you have IPs available in Fresno, CA?

Quote Originally Posted by ojurma View Post
    The IP apperas to be located in Carson City, Nevada by MaxMind and other geolocation services. Do you have IPs available in Fresno, CA?
    Hey there,

It's based in Fremont, California if you do a traceroute

It's possible there is some oddness in the WHOIS of the IP, but I assure you it's Fremont based.

Thanks!

Francisco

Just ordered my server.... also registered a new domain... They should offer that as a service as well... I havent gotten an e-mail confirmation as of yet though.... order number Your Order Number is: 9166823806

Quote Originally Posted by wthile View Post
    Just ordered my server.... also registered a new domain... They should offer that as a service as well... I havent gotten an e-mail confirmation as of yet though.... order number Your Order Number is: 9166823806
    Hey there,

Check in your account, it's possible the email went to your spam folder.

Domains are something we're thinking of reselling more, but we do it more as a helpful hand to people, not as a real profitable thing

EDIT - I think I miss read. We do actually sell domains, it might have not given you the option when you signed up though. We may change that around, though

Thanks,

Francisco

Hey there,

Check in your account, it's possible the email went to your spam folder.

Domains are something we're thinking of reselling more, but we do it more as a helpful hand to people, not as a real profitable thing

EDIT - I think I miss read. We do actually sell domains, it might have not given you the option when you signed up though. We may change that around, though

Thanks,

Francisco

Nope nothing in my spam folder.... and I run the server... lol.... Yeah that is what I meant..t here wasnt an option for domain.. but thats fine..

Thanks

William

Nope nothing in my spam folder.... and I run the server... lol.... Yeah that is what I meant..t here wasnt an option for domain.. but thats fine..

Thanks

William
    Hey William,

Take another look I guess I talked to our setup guys, they provisioned you about 5 minutes ago, right as I was writing my post up.

Thanks,

Francisco

Hey William,

Take another look I guess I talked to our setup guys, they provisioned you about 5 minutes ago, right as I was writing my post up.

Thanks,

Francisco

Got it.... Thanks... Just to be clear I can setup open vpn and or a very private proxie... hahah for 4 users just me and the family

Thanks

William

Got it.... Thanks... Just to be clear I can setup open vpn and or a very private proxie... hahah for 4 users just me and the family

Thanks

William
    Hey there,

Be my guest

If you are having any oddness with your scripts just let us know. I know we've had a few people have a few iptables issues due to MASQURADE not acting as it should. If that's the case swap it to a SNAT rule. If you're not 100% sure how to do this, just leave me a PM and i'll correct the rule for you to import.

Hope you enjoy hulu

Thanks,

Francisco

a noob question : IPv6 means we can use of 64 ips according to your web?

Have a hankerin' for billions of usable IP's? Customers are able to request a /64 for free
    from our support desk.
    can this be used for a private proxy as wthile mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by elvis1 View Post
    a noob question : IPv6 means we can use of 64 ips according to your web?

can this be used for a private proxy as wthile mentioned?
    Hey Elvis1,

IPv6 is a quite different and will allow you to connect to IPv6 only resources. There isn't a lot of them yet, but it's there if you want it. A /64 is actually 18446744073709551616 IP addresses (2^64). You're welcome to request as many as you want if you have a real need for it

Each VPS has 1 IP that can be used with regular websites (IPv4). You can request more, but they cost $1.00/ea/m.

Yes, you can use these for VPN's/proxies/TOR/etc.

Thanks,

Francisco

Hey there,

Be my guest

If you are having any oddness with your scripts just let us know. I know we've had a few people have a few iptables issues due to MASQURADE not acting as it should. If that's the case swap it to a SNAT rule. If you're not 100% sure how to do this, just leave me a PM and i'll correct the rule for you to import.

Hope you enjoy hulu

Thanks,

Francisco
    LOL Hey Francisco... I cant figure out how on this forum to send a PM....... Yeah i dont typically do IPtables ro masq... That would be a great help..... (and im a network security guy. hahah...) What typically do people use for VPN? I was thinking about openvpn and have it installed and running in a test setup (proof of concept at work)

Why hope I enjoy Hulu? hahah I do but.... how did you know...

Thanks

William

LOL Hey Francisco... I cant figure out how on this forum to send a PM....... Yeah i dont typically do IPtables ro masq... That would be a great help..... (and im a network security guy. hahah...) What typically do people use for VPN? I was thinking about openvpn and have it installed and running in a test setup (proof of concept at work)

Why hope I enjoy Hulu? hahah I do but.... how did you know...

Thanks

William
    Hey William,

Everyone uses OpenVPN these days to get things done. I can help with the MASQ/SNAT, again just let us know in a ticket

As for hulu, normally a lot of people use Proxies/VPN's to get to Hulu because they're not from the USA

Francisco

Hey William,

Everyone uses OpenVPN these days to get things done. I can help with the MASQ/SNAT, again just let us know in a ticket

As for hulu, normally a lot of people use Proxies/VPN's to get to Hulu because they're not from the USA

Francisco
    Im in north carolina... but my wife and my family are spending a lot of time at the hospital with her sister lately... We both need to access some work sites that for whatever reason the hospital has decided to block lol... So..... VPN and or Proxy good to go... and she can work......

Thanks

William

please delete this message....

In fact, we finally have our rDNS SWIP'd now so users are able to set rDNS in their panels.
    I'm not seeing an option in the panel to do this. Where is it located?

Also, any chance of a Slackware template?

Quote Originally Posted by abjr View Post
    I'm not seeing an option in the panel to do this. Where is it located?

Also, any chance of a Slackware template?
    Hey there Abjr,

For RDNS:
    - Login to solus
    - 'manage' the VPS of choice
    - click 'IP Addresses' at the bottom

There is a slackware template

Francisco

For RDNS:
    - Login to solus
    - 'manage' the VPS of choice
    - click 'IP Addresses' at the bottom

There is a slackware template

Francisco
    D'oh! Don't know how I missed the rDNS option.

I see the Slackware template for a new order, but not a re-install.

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast