CPU with graphic chip + dedicated GPU

I am looking into buying a new PC, but i am confused by all this new hardware.

I am looking at:

AMD A4-3400 Llano 2.7GHz Socket FM1 65W Dual-Core Desktop APU with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 6410D

But i am little confused by this graphic chip built into CPU.
    I read on newegg that you can use it together with other compatible GPU as dual card.

Does anyone have experience with that or knows anything about it?

Is it worth it, or should i get "normal" CPU and a bit more expensive GPU.

My budget is not high. Also in my county hardware is 30-40% more expensive than in, let's say, US.

What are you actually looking to do with this system? That answer should allow us to properly help you.

Anyways the cpu's and graphic portion are on the chip. Usually on separate sides from my understanding. Some of them aren't bad for gaming but non generally give the type of performance a dedicated chip does. On the other hand, some of the integrated graphic cards can perform considerably better than cards from 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by techjr View Post
    What are you actually looking to do with this system? That answer should allow us to properly help you.

Anyways the cpu's and graphic portion are on the chip. Usually on separate sides from my understanding. Some of them aren't bad for gaming but non generally give the type of performance a dedicated chip does. On the other hand, some of the integrated graphic cards can perform considerably better than cards from 2006.
    I would use it as low-end gaming PC. Just something so i can play Diablo3 when it comes out

Right now i have Athlon 3000+ and nVidia 7300GT (old, i know...)

So, i want to get a new PC. I was looking at the local shop to see what i can afford and this CPU came up. After reading about it on newegg someone said they used the graphic chip from CPU and another dedicated GPU as dual card (so they work together).

That is where i get confused, how is this done? And can i get any newer ATI GPU to get this working?

I was looking into buying HD6670.

Also, mobo's for FM1 are bit expensive at the moment, cheapest one i found is more expensive then the CPU. So is this combination worth it, would i get much better performance from these 2 "cards" working together (if i am able to make them work together at all). Or should i go for AM3 or some intel option, with little better GPU?

that would provide good low end gaming without problems.

but, if you go towards 3800, you would get into mid level gaming easily. and be content with what you play. check out llano 3800 prices.

in future, you can add a discrete 6770 or similar card on top of that, and even hybrid-crossfire cpugpu and the discrete gpu you added..

for mid level gaming, you dont need much more.

im doing 5040x1050 3 monitor eyefinity in swtor with all details maxed with a single 6950 graphics card and a phenom 965 cpu. since you wont be doing 3 monitor or maxing out everything, a fm1 socket and llano mobo should be more than enough for you.

Quote Originally Posted by unity100 View Post
    that would provide good low end gaming without problems.

but, if you go towards 3800, you would get into mid level gaming easily. and be content with what you play. check out llano 3800 prices.

in future, you can add a discrete 6770 or similar card on top of that, and even hybrid-crossfire cpugpu and the discrete gpu you added..

for mid level gaming, you dont need much more.

im doing 5040x1050 3 monitor eyefinity in swtor with all details maxed with a single 6950 graphics card and a phenom 965 cpu. since you wont be doing 3 monitor or maxing out everything, a fm1 socket and llano mobo should be more than enough for you.

I was looking at A8-3850 Llano 2.9GHz right now, and it seems nice, bit expensive but if i skip dedicated GPU i can afford it.

Or maybe even go with A6-3670K Llano 2.7GHz (or some other A6), to save some money.

One question, when i later decide to add dedicated GPU, how does that work? Do i need mobo that supports that, or some special hardware?

Quote Originally Posted by zvjezdan View Post
    I was looking at A8-3850 Llano 2.9GHz right now, and it seems nice, bit expensive but if i skip dedicated GPU i can afford it.
    i didnt notice you were going to add a dedicated gpu card on top of llano.

that is not necessary at this moment. hybrid crossfire only works for dx10-11 games so far. many games out there are dx9. so you can skip adding a discrete gpu for the time being.

One question, when i later decide to add dedicated GPU, how does that work? Do i need mobo that supports that, or some special hardware?
    mobo should be able to support it rightaway. you can add 2-3 certain cards, all from the same family as 6770. 6770 is the highest card you can add.

http://techreport.com/articles.x/21730/8

here are some performances. in above, (IGP) shows performance of a8 with only gpu.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/A...ormance/5.html

the above is easier to read. a8 cpugpu tested alone, and with 6450 and 6670 cards.

SWTOR on 3 monitors sounds like Heaven!

yes it looks good. actually i played more in 3 monitor than i played in 3d (one 32 inch tv has it there). 3 monitor provides more immersion than 3d so far.