godaddy.com not allow other domain name point to their hosting plan

Hi all,

Anyone know that godaddy.com not allow domain name registered in other registrat, point to their hosting plan.

Recently, i just request them to allow my domain name registered at register.com point to my hosting space with them. But they refused, and give me a kind of stupid explaination. I show them what i found in their web site Help: as below:

"Can I use your company to host my Web site if my domain is registered elsewhere?

Last Updated: 2005-06-08 14:17:41Print

*YES.* Even if your domain name is registered with another registrar you can still host with us. Simply change the name servers to our name servers.

The name servers for your hosting account are:

WSC1.JOMAX.NET
    WSC2.JOMAX.NET

These name servers will *POINT* your domain name to your hosting account."

and see what thier stupid reply below:.

Reply 1:

Dear jet-

Thank you for contacting customer support.

[my domain name] cannot point to our hosted servers if it is not hosted. You must ask register.com how to "forward" imhere.net to another URL.

Please let us know if we can help you in any other way.

Learn more about our Shared, Virtual-Dedicated, and Dedicated hosting: Click here

Sincerely,

Todd P.
    GoDaddy.com
    Customer Service Representative

i ask them again what does it mean the statement in the web site HELP page.

Reply 2:

Dear Jet,

The domain imhere.net, is neither registered or hosted with Go Daddy. The domain cannot access our nameservers unless it is either registered or hosted with us.

Learn more about our Shared, Virtual-Dedicated, and Dedicated hosting: Click here

Sincerely,

Jason P.
    GoDaddy.com

The most stupid one here below:

Reply 3:

Dear Jet,

Both examples you have listed have the domain either hosted or registered with Go Daddy. You can use our hosting if the domain is registered elsewhere. You can use hosting elsewhere if your domain is registered here. As your domain is neither, it cannot use our services. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Jason P.
    GoDaddy.com

As my domain name already registered with register.com how can the domain register with godaddy.com at the same time, in order to use thier website hosting plan.

Meaning they not allow domain name registered at somewhere else point to their web hosting plan. And their help is try to fool ppl.

Any comment please reply. As i still talking with right now.

Thanks you in advance

jet

I think they do not allow other domain name to be added to your hosting package. Only the one you have entered during the hosting package order. Not sure though.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

The name servers for your hosting account are:

WSC1.JOMAX.NET
    WSC2.JOMAX.NET
    They do mentioned separate nameservers for standalone hosting services. Have you checked your hosting control panel that allows addition of domain for web services or it has options only to use domains registered with Godaddy?

Also I believe somewhere in the support conversation somone misunderstood domain services for webhosting with 'domain hosting'. These are two different services one allows hosting on a shared webhosting account whereas the other allows domain dns services for web forwarding etc.

As your domain is neither, it cannot use our services.
    How can a domain be neither? I still think you can host your domain with Godaddy if registered elsewhere. Although you will have to look more deeper to find out how.
    Name123.com [ We are online Since 2004! ]
    Cheapest Domain Registration & Reseller Services!
    ENOM Domain Reseller Account with Lowest Industry Prices! (Details)
    Plus Excellent Technical Support Along The Way!