Thread: Review: Ramhost

Review: Ramhost

Till now, I've been with ramhost for over 4 months, I feel it's time to share my experience here.

Uptime: 10/10, no downtime except for my misconfiguration

Support: 10/10, their staff is quite responsive in both tickets and IRC channel, helpful and knowledgeable.

Performance: 9/10, considering the price, I'm satisfied with my VPS

Network: 9/10, I've asked them to transfer my server from Kansas City to Atlanta and I think I've done a good choice. They do have real GigE connection in Atlanta.

Price: 10/10, although they're not the cheapest, but their service is of high quality at relatively budget price.

Conclusion: 9.6/10, ramhost will be a good choice for those seeking for stable service.

IP reported.
    Last edited by Hizakura; 05-28-2011 at 11:16 PM. Reason: IP reported

Quote Originally Posted by epigraph View Post
    Price: 10/10, although they're not the cheapest, but their service is of high quality at relatively budget price.
    They are sell some of the least expensive VPSs out there. I'm having trouble finding a provider that sells them for less.
    My personal blog -- rubiverse.net

Quote Originally Posted by flam316 View Post
    They are sell some of the least expensive VPSs out there. I'm having trouble finding a provider that sells them for less.
    Plenty of low end providers are now offering at unbelievable low prices [you can check them out at the offers forum], but usually their services don't come with a satisfying quality.

Wow, that's excellent uptime. Solid review.
    ~ @PreetamJinka

Woot! Looks like they replenished their stock finally!
    -Joe @ Secure Dragon LLC.
    + OpenVZ Powered by Wyvern | KVM | cPanel Hosting | Backup VPSs | LowEndBoxes | DDOS Protection
    + Florida | Colorado | Illinois | California | Oregon | Georgia | New Jersey | Arizona | Texas

Thank you for the positive review - we're happy you're happy

Quote Originally Posted by ZKuJoe View Post
    Woot! Looks like they replenished their stock finally!
    At the moment we open vps signups every Saturday. That's going to steadily increase as we work through our growth to bring up capacity faster and faster
    RAM Host -- USA Premium & Budget Linux Hosting
    █ Featuring Powerful cPanel Shared Hosting
    █ & Premium Virtual Dedicated Servers
    Follow us on Twitter

Support: 10/10 and no downtime, that's really great. Price is not a matter if the service is of high quality.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Pulled the trigger on their 128MB RAM Budget VPS because I <3 uptime!
    + OpenVZ Powered by Wyvern | KVM | cPanel Hosting | Backup VPSs | LowEndBoxes | DDOS Protection
    + Florida | Colorado | Illinois | California | Oregon | Georgia | New Jersey | Arizona | Texas

Pulled the trigger on their 128MB RAM Budget VPS because I <3 uptime!
    Can't go wrong with RAM I have known him for a couple years now and he certainly knows his stuff

Quote Originally Posted by SC-Daniel View Post
    Can't go wrong with RAM I have known him for a couple years now and he certainly knows his stuff
    I've heard great things about them also and I particularly am a big fan on their website design (not a real judge of a hosts quality but it did keep me coming back to the site). The reason I was drawn to them is because the way the site is setup and how the company is run is very similar to what I would do in that situation so I feel comfortable with it.

All that aside, a testimonial from Daniel would have sold me anyways.
    Last edited by ZKuJoe; 05-29-2011 at 06:43 PM.

DAMN, just see this post today (Sunday)
    Good review, and RAMHost seems to be very reputable on LEB as well, I have a Quickweb and a BuyVM box and none of them disappointed me, so RAMHost would be the next one for me to try out!
    Quote Originally Posted by ramnet View Post
    Thank you for the positive review - we're happy you're happy

At the moment we open vps signups every Saturday. That's going to steadily increase as we work through our growth to bring up capacity faster and faster

Quote Originally Posted by 96mb View Post
    DAMN, just see this post today (Sunday)
    Good review, and RAMHost seems to be very reputable on LEB as well, I have a Quickweb and a BuyVM box and none of them disappointed me, so RAMHost would be the next one for me to try out!
    Same. I'll definitely attempt to try them out the next time I need a VPS.
    ~ @PreetamJinka

I've heard great things about them also and I particularly am a big fan on their website design (not a real judge of a hosts quality but it did keep me coming back to the site). The reason I was drawn to them is because the way the site is setup and how the company is run is very similar to what I would do in that situation so I feel comfortable with it.
    You stole my words. Wish I was running a service like Ramhost. But I couldn't be happier as a client too. Kudos to them.

I'm a bit worried after I placed my order and saw that the plan I purchased is now SOLD OUT. I hope I got my order in on time.

I'm a bit worried after I placed my order and saw that the plan I purchased is now SOLD OUT. I hope I got my order in on time.
    Don't worry. Ramhost is quite accommodating. They will sort it out for you. Or you can also head to:

http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23ramhos...irc.ramhost.us

and ping Ramnet (if he is available) there for follow up on this.

Well they said setup time is about 24 hours so I'll wait it out. I'm not impatient, just wish I know if I was getting a VPS or not (if not I would have ordered their Premium VPS while it was in stock since there were more available than the Budget VPS).

Well they said setup time is about 24 hours so I'll wait it out. I'm not impatient, just wish I know if I was getting a VPS or not
    If you placed an order, you will receive it soon

We don't open signups unless we have the capacity to deliver what you ordered.
    Follow us on Twitter

My concern was that when I signed up I didn't see a limit in WHMCS but I saw 2 remaining on the website (not sure if it's updated in realtime or not). I see my server e-mail now though (with my password in plain text ).

I see my server e-mail now though (with my password in plain text ).
    You can always change your password via My Account -> Details -> Change Password

We don't particularly like sending initial login info via email in the clear either but there isn't really any way around that without causing a mountain of support requests....

I hope you enjoy your vps with us
    Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by ramnet View Post
    You can always change your password via My Account -> Details -> Change Password

We don't particularly like sending initial login info via email in the clear either but there isn't really any way around that without causing a mountain of support requests....

I hope you enjoy your vps with us
    Personally I prefer the initial random password for increased security but that's just me.

Anyways, I'm glad I read this review when I did and was able to sign up.