Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: worldstream.nl

worldstream.nl

I would like to know your reviews of worldstream.nl provider. Used the search tool but didn't find any reviews, so I decided to open a new thread about them.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Oh, I didn't see that earlier

Oddly, all of the sites mentioned in that review, supposedly hosted at worldstream, are actually hosted elsewhere. If the reviewer moved away from worldstream so quickly, would be nice to know why.

Anyways, I ordered a server from them on sunday and paid it immediately, they promised it'll be online on monday (today), so i'm waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelhost View Post
    Oddly, all of the sites mentioned in that review, supposedly hosted at worldstream, are actually hosted elsewhere. If the reviewer moved away from worldstream so quickly, would be nice to know why.
    I am the one who wrote that review.

Actually I still have that world stream server. I have only temporarily moved those sites as I am still trying to get the kind of security tuning I desire on this server. [Mainly grsec and friends]. Once I get that, you can be sure, those sites will be back on to it.

Worldstream and server.lu are the best providers I am using. And I have used many in my 8 years of hosting.

None even come close to these two, in terms of features, service, reliability and price.
    "For I know the plans I have for you" declares our Lord Jesus Christ, "they are plans to prosper you, to give you a hope and a future and not to destroy you." - Jeremiah 29:11

I'm looking forward my worldstream server will be online!

The big problem I am having is how to prevent a user from viewing any thing except his own files (that is files within his own /home/directory).

I can do this with FreeBSD but am having some trouble with Linux. Some one suggested RBAC on Linux but its all going above my head.

FreeBSD is such a darling to maintain.
    "For I know the plans I have for you" declares our Lord Jesus Christ, "they are plans to prosper you, to give you a hope and a future and not to destroy you." - Jeremiah 29:11

chroot jail or stright chmodes are the solution

Thanks Jackman. You mean SSH chroot right?

chrooted ssh/sftp is what i use, don't know how secure it is..

I will look into that tonight. Thanks.

* More words of appreciation for worldstream

Yesterday, I asked for an install of Slackware 12.2 on my Worldstream server. Lennert immediately agreed to do it and by evening I had my slack server. I am still trying to get my grsec kernel on it right. Dick from Worldstream has been right there with me (by email) and has rebooted my server and selected the old default kernel countless times now, when I have got myself locked out. He has even agreed to install hardened gentoo for me if by the end of today, the grsec kernel does not work properly.

I have not known any host who goes to that extent of helping customers, and I am not even a big corporation hosting there - just a single person.

My big thanks to them at worldstream.

If any of you are looking for a server in NL, don't look further. Just go to worldstream.nl and order. They do custom orders too. In fact, mine is also a custom order.

The politeness, customer service and friendly approach is just too good at worldstream.

Keep it up guys and God bless you all.

Hmm well that sounds good.
    They have good plans too, I might give them a go.

Why not just get FreeBSD installed and save the hassle? I know that worldstream do install any FreeBSD version on request.

Quote Originally Posted by technichristian View Post

If any of you are looking for a server in NL, don't look further. Just go to worldstream.nl and order.
    I agree with that. They really do good job.

I got their server on monday, like they promised. Actually the server is better than the one I ordered, ssh.. don't let them know. But yeah. It's been working perfectly so far and their customer service is still fast as hell.

I've been with them since November 2008. Great service and support, and the best prices in the Netherlands.

Great, I think they'll be seeing a new customer in the close future...

Tell me, with what do you manage your web sites on their servers?

I don't use any control panel.

Hmmmm... It's difficult to manage a web page without it... Isn't it?

I haven't noticed any difficulties when managing my sites without control panel. Ofc I have some tools..

Continuing my Kudos to World Stream

Dick from world stream was with me till the end of the problem assisting me with reboots.

My grsec kernel on slackware works the way I want it now and I am off to set up other things:-)

Once again, I publicly thank worldstream for their superlative support and assistance.

God bless you all.

Quote Originally Posted by technichristian View Post
    Dick from world stream was with me till the end of the problem assisting me with reboots.

My grsec kernel on slackware works the way I want it now and I am off to set up other things:-)

Once again, I publicly thank worldstream for their superlative support and assistance.

God bless you all.
    Isn't it Dirk? Not Dick.

* Oops - Mispronounced the name

Yes, you are right. It is Dirk indeed.

My apologies

Quote Originally Posted by IcyTexx View Post
    Hmmmm... It's difficult to manage a web page without it... Isn't it?
    It depends on what level of management you are speaking of.
    If you mean maintaining apache, mysql, php and so forth, then no, it can be done without a panel like cpanel or plesk.
    If you mean on the website level, then you can install wordpress, joomla etc without needing a control panel for the server.

I used to run FreeBSD and would do everything in ssh by cli.. But now I run centos and webmin and I like that better.. It's easier to add mysql stuff and add apache vhosts, and easier to maintain the server.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast