Join Internet Infrastructure Coalition (i2Coalition) to fight for our industry

Are you interested in making sure our industry survives and thrives in an environment where there are legislative forces organized against us? The fight against PIPA & SOPA in early 2012 showed us a real need to come together and work to ensure that our industry's voice is heard as others seek to regulate it. Threats against our industry are coming back next time stronger and more organized, and we need to be prepared.

Launched in September 2012, the Internet Infrastructure Coalition (i2Coalition) fills a void by serving as the public policy voice of the Internet’s infrastructure, helping to ensure the future of this vital engine for economic growth and innovation. Our quickly growing list of members share a common goal: to be the principle voice and leading advocate for the Internet infrastructure industry. We highlight not only the good that our industry does in the world, but how important what we do is to the overall economy, and how it needs to be protected.

Our industry generated an estimated direct $46 billion in an annual revenue in 2010 with expected 20 percent growth by 2013, and a trade flow to the United States of $9.2 billion. That's a fairly large figure, but it's small compared to the indirect revenues we fuel, since the entire digital economy rests atop our Internet infrastructure. The services provided by the Internet infrastructure industry are now fundamental in our society, and as a trade association, we have the opportunity not only to help policy, but to help shape the future of the Internet.

i2Coalition facilitates public policy education and advocacy, develop market-driven standards formed by consensus, and give the industry a unified voice, both domestically and globally. Members will receive the support and tools they need to be heard in Washington and by their state and local officials across the country. Please consider joining our coalition by visiting us online and filling out an application. Several of our members, including Rackspace, DiscountASP.NET, SpamExperts, iNet Interactive, Codero Hosting, Hedgehog Hosting, and The Endurance International Group, recently discussed why they joined our organization in posts on the i2Coalition blog. A growing list of members is available on our website.

We'd be truly thrilled to have you join our ranks, which includes i2Coalition board member Dennis Johnson who runs this forum, and others as we make good on your investment in the ongoing success of our industry. For more information about the i2Coalition and our priorities, please visit our website.
    Christian Dawson Exectuive Director and Co-Founder, i2Coalition
    The i2Coalition is comprised of small to medium cloud providers, data centers, registrars, registries and other foundational Internet enterprises. Join today!
    Follow us on Twitter @i2coalition or checkout our forum!

Hi there, is this Coalition viable for Companies outside U.S.?
    WebTuga Hosting - Portuguese Shared, Virtual and Dedicated Web Hosting
    CloudFire WebHosting - European Low Cost Cloud WebHosting

Absolutely! A number of our members are International. Many of our policy goals are US centric but not all. Moreover, The i2C recognizes that its members compete on a global stage, and that interfacing with international organizations and other advocacy organizations is key to preserving a free and open internet.
    Christian Dawson Exectuive Director and Co-Founder, i2Coalition
    The i2Coalition is comprised of small to medium cloud providers, data centers, registrars, registries and other foundational Internet enterprises. Join today!
    Follow us on Twitter @i2coalition or checkout our forum!

So basically signing up on i2coalition is just (for now) to subscribe to news & updates regarding Webhosting Industry's fight for its rights? Anyways, I did like the idea of forming a coalition of Webhosting Providers to voice their opinions to the government. But is this coalition going to influence only the US government or governments of other countries as well? Since some countries have their own laws regarding internet freedom, and those laws can be more strict than the ones in US.

What are the costs involved to join?

Business membership starts @ $1,000 per year, Associate members start @ $500 per year, Institutional members pay $500 per year, students in the IT industry pay $75 per year.

Business and Associate membership fees are based on revenue tiers.

I have sent an email with a few questions, awaiting a response.
    Last edited by timta; 04-26-2013 at 09:15 PM.
    Custom coding(desktop/web), Infrastructure, Routing, Server setups, Remote admin and more: DeatosLabs

Will this become a non-profit company or society, foundation, etc (I'm not really familiar with US laws) soon?

If I have to pay I am not interested

Thanks for the info, im going to have to look into this!

Broken Link, Update?

Hi Christian, just thought I would stop by to see if this coalition is still in effect? Went to the following page and got a 404 error: http://www.i2coalition.com/get-invol...come-a-member/

Hope all is well!
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Thanks for the information, I plan to join